Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Pete Johnson goes Vampire!
LeoM 01:44 PM 10-17-2009
Haha! guess so! :-)
[Reply]
colimo 07:13 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I got one too!! Kinda suprised there wasn't much action on here about NewHavancigars.com having them on their site randomly today. We must be a bunch of cc whores :-)
i tried to find em, but didnt see em on there....the original note made it seem like it was going to go on all day, into the night (drac being a night creature)

had to leave for a bit and came back to find they are all gone....in less than two hours.:-)....how did you find and get em?
:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:37 PM 10-17-2009
I was outside all day today and missed the whole farkin thing. Luckily I am getting hooked up by a fine BOTL who was on today!!
[Reply]
colimo 08:27 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I was outside all day today and missed the whole farkin thing. Luckily I am getting hooked up by a fine BOTL who was on today!!
damn you brent...:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:40 AM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
i tried to find em, but didnt see em on there....the original note made it seem like it was going to go on all day, into the night (drac being a night creature)

had to leave for a bit and came back to find they are all gone....in less than two hours.:-)....how did you find and get em?
:-)
That scavenger hunt idea was a complete dissapointment. I live in Columbus Ohio and when i saw the lucky 13 list i got VERY excited to know that NHC would have them. I surely thought i could procure a box by going down and reserving a box.... Wow, was i wrong. In a nutsehell, they single-handedly ruined the ability to appeal to a local market and gain appreciation from people that live in and around Columbus. Instead they chose to try and build up their PR and visibility by selling them to anyone in the US who would sift through their site..... If you ask me, that kills the "special" factor.

Thanks for nothing. F minus!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:45 PM 10-18-2009
Thats why I say shops should have sold to locals. NHC though does a fair amount of online sales though which is why they were willing to do it that way. Most B&Ms are taking care of their locals.

The issue for us out here in Cali is while some local shops will have them. We get raped on taxes so ours will be more expensive then likely anywhere else in the country. I have heard anywhere from 16-18+ a stick. Although it appears the person selling at 18+ is fisting his customers possibly. This number has not been officially confirmed though I dont believe.
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:07 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Thats why I say shops should have sold to locals. NHC though does a fair amount of online sales though which is why they were willing to do it that way. Most B&Ms are taking care of their locals.

The issue for us out here in Cali is while some local shops will have them. We get raped on taxes so ours will be more expensive then likely anywhere else in the country. I have heard anywhere from 16-18+ a stick. Although it appears the person selling at 18+ is fisting his customers possibly. This number has not been officially confirmed though I dont believe.
if the price is higher because of taxes that is fine. If the prices are higher because of the rarity i would ABSOLUTELY report them to Tatuaje. I see it happen all the time with non authorized vendors selling Opus....
[Reply]
stearns 06:12 PM 10-18-2009
im sure im pissing in the wind, but if anyone has a lead on getting a box, or has had recent luck preordering, could you drop me a pm? really want to secure one

stearns
[Reply]
RightAJ 06:19 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
im sure im pissing in the wind, but if anyone has a lead on getting a box, or has had recent luck preordering, could you drop me a pm? really want to secure one

stearns
Join the crew... this is becoming very stressful lol

aj
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:55 PM 10-18-2009
I think you guys just need to be patient and wait until the places that are supposed to get them actually do. They aren't even release yet and everyone is freaking out.

Patience, Patience, Patience.
[Reply]
havanajohn 07:01 PM 10-18-2009
I think you guys just need to be patient and wait until the places that are supposed to get them actually do. They aren't even release yet and everyone is freaking out.

This is good advice. AND by the way, Pete Johnson is taking advantage of all of this 'Limited Release' stuff... Is this stick REALLY worth 13 dollars? It better be really really good to warrant that kind of price...
[Reply]
Ahbroody 07:33 PM 10-18-2009

arent you who posted you already got a box by camping out on line. :-) You were on your computer sat morning searching a website trying to get a box right?

Not that im trying to get a box cause Im not. Given actions it seems like funny advice. You werent very patient patient patient.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:28 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
arent you who posted you already got a box by camping out on line. :-) You were on your computer sat morning searching a website trying to get a box right?

Not that im trying to get a box cause Im not. Given actions it seems like funny advice. You werent very patient patient patient.
Honestly I was lucky and used my internet savvy to get a box. I was doing other stuff and I logged onto another forum about a minute after someone posted the link to where the box was. In about 5-10 minutes I had a box.

If I didn't login onto that site, I would have missed out on the whole thing. I am in a totally different boat since I already have one locked in but at the same time patience by everyone is what needs to be exercised. :-)
[Reply]
Zanaspus 05:29 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by havanajohn:
AND by the way, Pete Johnson is taking advantage of all of this 'Limited Release' stuff... Is this stick REALLY worth 13 dollars? It better be really really good to warrant that kind of price...
+1

Pete Johnson markets great cigars, but today I vowed to no longer line his pockets through his manufactured scarcity angle. I'm sorry, but holding real cigar lovers hostage is just no way to do business IMHO. I realize I'm a newbie to the cigar world, but not to consumer rights in general.

Everyone enjoy your Pete Johnson products (and I do mean that sincerely), but I, for one, will never purchase another cigar with his name attached to it.

There's plenty of other great smokes out there that are more readily available. :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 08:13 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by havanajohn:
This is good advice. AND by the way, Pete Johnson is taking advantage of all of this 'Limited Release' stuff... Is this stick REALLY worth 13 dollars? It better be really really good to warrant that kind of price...
The prerelease I smoked was worth $13 for sure...and more...

~brooks
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 08:33 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
+1

Pete Johnson markets great cigars, but today I vowed to no longer line his pockets through his manufactured scarcity angle. I'm sorry, but holding real cigar lovers hostage is just no way to do business IMHO. I realize I'm a newbie to the cigar world, but not to consumer rights in general.

Everyone enjoy your Pete Johnson products (and I do mean that sincerely), but I, for one, will never purchase another cigar with his name attached to it.

There's plenty of other great smokes out there that are more readily available. :-)
Don't know if I'm willing to never buy another PJ product, but I am not falling for the hype. If one uses a clear head and logic, you will see that this is nothing more than a hype machine. It is pitting customers against their local B&Ms (cause they sold a box over the phone) and causing grown men to run around like little kids trying to get ahold of one of those Furbees (remember those?). That is a sad reflection on the industry.

Gents (and ladies), I will continue to enjoy fine cigars and not fall for a bunch of hype. Won't you join me in "just saying no" to hype and yes to enjoying cigars for what they are and not the hype attached to them?
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 08:53 AM 10-19-2009
Agreed James.

I rarely agree with Lew Rothman, but as far as LE stuff goes he's hit it on the head. It's only LE because the Mfg. says it is. Pete could easily roll out 250,000 more Vamps or whatever they are. But why bother if you can clear the same profit with less overhead?

Marketing works. Hype works. The B&M's have to love this stuff too!

I for one have written off PJ's stuff. I have only had two that didn't have wrapper issues. Of those two, only one was good. I've spent too much money trying to like his stuff because someone on a board somewhere said they were the second coming of Che. $13.00 per stick? That puts you into "rare air" for the "real" stuff.

Just my free opinion, and not worth the cost I'm sure.

Fire suit donned, embers stoked.
[Reply]
acarr 09:06 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
+1

I am with you and won't be buying anymore of his produts.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 09:28 AM 10-19-2009
"Gents (and ladies), I will continue to enjoy fine cigars and not fall for a bunch of hype. Won't you join me in "just saying no" to hype and yes to enjoying cigars for what they are and not the hype attached to them?"

"Marketing works. Hype works. $13.00 per stick?"

You could compare this to the guys out there that think CC's are the next best thing since sliced bread....and you know darn good and well they are paying more than that per stick for those CC's and are lucky if 25% of what they buy is legit!

The less people buy of his product the more there is for the smoker's that enjoy them, same goses for DPG and Dion's fine cigars.

Just my opinion or :-)
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 09:39 AM 10-19-2009
Never paid $13 for a CC, but my gripe is not with the price of the cigar. My gripe is that Pete plays on cigar smokers emotions to cause a frenzy about a product that is only limited because he says it is limited. When that causes hard feelings between B&M owners and their customers or between BOTLs, then we should ALL be angry at his marketing ploy. We have enough to deal with fighting the government (taxes & legislation) and the anti-smoking crowd. We don't need internal conflict....PERIOD.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up