Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Sports>We are for real this year!!!!
Resipsa 05:24 PM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by 2000ARMY:
Really? 8-8? With basically our whole team back?
Yes, really. Your whole team being back is part of the problem. The Pats have drafted very poorly for several years now, and it's starting to come home to roost.
[Reply]
DBall 09:16 PM 12-27-2009
DUDES!!! Did you guys see that?!

:-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 09:42 PM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:

Yes u guys did a mediocre job against a JV team. Good Job!
[Reply]
Resipsa 10:01 PM 12-27-2009

What? The Jets being outplayed until they faced the scrubs.?

Yes, we saw how bad the Jets are, :-)
[Reply]
DBall 09:21 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by 2000ARMY:
Yes u guys did a mediocre job against a JV team. Good Job!
Oh yeah.. cuz JV teams remain undefeated for 14 straight games...:-)
[Reply]
srduggins 09:24 AM 12-28-2009
You must not have seen that, or else you don't understand that Peyton Manning IS the Colts. Without him, they are just a JV team.
[Reply]
DBall 09:40 AM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by srduggins:
You must not have seen that, or else you don't understand that Peyton Manning IS the Colts. Without him, they are just a JV team.
C'mon... seriously? Payton is prolly the strongest member on the team, but it takes more than one guy to stay undefeated for the lion's share of the season. It's not like the Jets are a great team (as this season shows), but they actually showed up yesterday... can't write the whole game off as luck or Missing Manning Syndrome.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:10 AM 12-29-2009
C'mon... seriously? Payton is prolly the strongest member on the team, but it takes more than one guy to stay undefeated for the lion's share of the season. It's not like the Jets are a great team (as this season shows), but they actually showed up yesterday... can't write the whole game off as luck or Missing Manning Syndrome.
Dan,
While the Jets with Jarvis have a very, very good defense and could have likely prevailed regardless (depending on which Jets offense showed up), the fact remains Manning IS the Colts. That game proved it. I don't think the Jets would have had that defensive touchdown had Manning been in the pocket. That play made that game for the Jets. So in that regard, Manning was in fact the major key to NOT losing that game.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:51 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Dan,
While the Jets with Jarvis have a very, very good defense and could have likely prevailed regardless (depending on which Jets offense showed up), the fact remains Manning IS the Colts. That game proved it. I don't think the Jets would have had that defensive touchdown had Manning been in the pocket. That play made that game for the Jets. So in that regard, Manning was in fact the major key to NOT losing that game.
They just didn't pull Manning Carlos, they pulled everybody. Addai, (who barely played at all), Wayne, Freeney, Collie, Clark, basically the entire starting units on both sides of the ball. Up until they pulled everybody the Colts had 320 yards of offense, that was midway thru the third. That equates to 500 or more yards for a complete game. I don't know if you watched or not, but the Colts had very little trouble with the "vaunted" Jets defense, and that was with barely playing Addai, Garcon didn't play at all.

On offense the Jets did nothing until the Colts second string defense was in. For example, 32 yards of rushing from the "great" Jets rushing game in the first half, and I think they had a total of 100 yards of offense at the break. Once the scrubs went in they finished with more than 200 rushing yards.

That's what peeves me off so much about the game, they pulled EVERYBODY and let the entire second unit play on both sides of the ball. They just handed the Jets the game. This was a typical game where the closeness of the score when the starters were pulled doesn't really reflect the reality of the game.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:55 AM 12-29-2009
I wonder if the Bengals will play their starters..... :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:16 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
They just didn't pull Manning Carlos, they pulled everybody. Addai, (who barely played at all), Wayne, Freeney, Collie, Clark, basically the entire starting units on both sides of the ball. Up until they pulled everybody the Colts had 320 yards of offense, that was midway thru the third. That equates to 500 or more yards for a complete game. I don't know if you watched or not, but the Colts had very little trouble with the "vaunted" Jets defense, and that was with barely playing Addai, Garcon didn't play at all.

On offense the Jets did nothing until the Colts second string defense was in. For example, 32 yards of rushing from the "great" Jets rushing game in the first half, and I think they had a total of 100 yards of offense at the break. Once the scrubs went in they finished with more than 200 rushing yards.

That's what peeves me off so much about the game, they pulled EVERYBODY and let the entire second unit play on both sides of the ball. They just handed the Jets the game. This was a typical game where the closeness of the score when the starters were pulled doesn't really reflect the reality of the game.
Vic,
All I know is I would be very pissed as a Colts fan.
I was pissed and am not one.
They truly had a chance at history.
Unlike the Patriots, I think most of America would have been rooting for them to go all the way.
[Reply]
coastietech 08:48 AM 12-29-2009
Gotta agree with the majority here... I am a Jets fan to the core but I know we wouldn't have won if they hadn't pulled starters.

With that said I don't give a F&%^BECAUSE IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Suck that Miami fans!! Suck that Giants fans!!!

WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH A ROOKIE COACH AND A ROOKIE QB!!

Not to shabby if I do say so myself. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:44 AM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Gotta agree with the majority here... I am a Jets fan to the core but I know we wouldn't have won if they hadn't pulled starters.

With that said I don't give a F&%^BECAUSE IF WE WIN NEXT WEEK WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Seriously Joe, and what will getting into the playoffs get the Jets? For some teams, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That doesn't apply to teams like the Jets who are so much worse than the contending SB teams, the Jets have zero shot to win anything.

So again, what does sneaking into the playoffs get them. A lower draft pick and a tougher schedule next year, :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:53 AM 12-29-2009
Seriously Joe, and what will getting into the playoffs get the Jets? For some teams, once you're in the playoffs anything can happen. That doesn't apply to teams like the Jets who are so much worse than the contending SB teams, the Jets have zero shot to win anything.

So again, what does sneaking into the playoffs get them. A lower draft pick and a tougher schedule next year, :-)
Vic,
So true.
While I understand what you mean, die hard Jets fans such as my brother in law just don't get it.
Putting ourselves in their shoes, since 1969, all the Jets have managed to do is relatively very, very rarely make it into the playoffs.
Now, given that, one can understand the sheer joy of at least getting there only to quickly fizzle away and say "next year".
I think I see what I have been missing now.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:59 AM 12-29-2009

Come on Joe.
How long have you been a Jets fan?
How can you possibly make these statements with that big IF in the way?:-)
[Reply]
coastietech 10:11 AM 12-29-2009

You say we have zero shot... you keep forgetting we have the best defense and best running game in the league. We can and have beat good teams this year.

Indy supposedly has a chance every year and every year they are out in the first round or soon after.

We have just as much of a shot as the Pats, the Bengals, Denver...

We may not go anywhere, but the fact that we got into the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie QB tells me that the coming years will be much better for us when both of them have that much more experience and poise.

It tells me that we will be a contender as soon as next year.

So laugh it up, yup we snuck in, we shouldn't be in the playoffs. We have a history of beating the better teams in the playoffs... ie Indy, San Deigo...

Like I said before the Jets only have one hole... QB.

Our defense is top 5, our run game is top 5, our special teams is top 5, our O-line is top 5. We have THE best corner in the league. The only reason we are gonna finish 9-7 this year is because we have a rookie QB and he's making rookie mistakes. You can't win if your QB is turning the ball over 4-5x a game. So say what you want but we will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs and next year.:-)
[Reply]
DBall 10:11 AM 12-29-2009
Vic,
All I know is I would be very pissed as a Colts fan.
I was pissed and am not one.
They truly had a chance at history.
Unlike the Patriots, I think most of America would have been rooting for them to go all the way.
I agree with what you say above, Carlos... I'd be super-pissed if I were a colts fan and people would root for a team that had the record and not the scandal (not that I cared much about that Pats "scandal"... I really wanted to see them win so I could experience a fully undefeated team in my lifetime).
[Reply]
coastietech 10:17 AM 12-29-2009
Come on Joe.
How long have you been a Jets fan?
How can you possibly make these statements with that big IF in the way?:-)
Because we can and have played better teams than the Bengals and won... and because I'm a fan. :-)

No matter how many times I've been disappointed before I know next time will be different. I have battered wife syndrome. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 10:21 AM 12-29-2009
You say we have zero shot... you keep forgetting we have the best defense and best running game in the league. We can and have beat good teams this year.

Indy supposedly has a chance every year and every year they are out in the first round or soon after.

We have just as much of a shot as the Pats, the Bengals, Denver...

We may not go anywhere, but the fact that we got into the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie QB tells me that the coming years will be much better for us when both of them have that much more experience and poise.

It tells me that we will be a contender as soon as next year.

So laugh it up, yup we snuck in, we shouldn't be in the playoffs. We have a history of beating the better teams in the playoffs... ie Indy, San Deigo...

Like I said before the Jets only have one hole... QB.

Our defense is top 5, our run game is top 5, our special teams is top 5, our O-line is top 5. We have THE best corner in the league. The only reason we are gonna finish 9-7 this year is because we have a rookie QB and he's making rookie mistakes. You can't win if your QB is turning the ball over 4-5x a game. So say what you want but we will be a force to reckon with in the playoffs and next year.:-)
Your best defense and and run game looked pretty bad against the Colts starters.

Tell you what. The way things are shaping up, the Jets get in, they'll play the Bengals in the first round. IF they beat them, they'll go to Indy for a rematch.

Let's make a bet as to who wins the rematch. Cigars at ten paces............
[Reply]
Blueface 10:34 AM 12-29-2009
No matter how many times I've been disappointed before I know next time will be different. I have battered wife syndrome. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up