Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
colimo 12:30 AM 10-05-2009
unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10
[Reply]
icehog3 12:46 AM 10-05-2009
I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 01:01 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am just excited that Johnny U. was referenced in a thread here other than one of mine. :-)
Hey......:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:05 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Hey......:-)
Hey yerself. :-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 01:23 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
Brady just got call out by his old teammate, " Take off the skirt, and put on some slacks, BE A MAN!!!" Classic!!!! HAHA!!!!:-)
This was a joke ..... Rodney texted Brady at halftime and told him he was going to say it .... Brady laughed.
[Reply]
2000ARMY 01:23 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
unfortunately for you all, the Pats are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Denver Bronco Defense....
Broncos 14, pats 10
I am not sure if you are serious.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:33 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...seau_to_1.html

Yeah baby!:-)
Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.:-)
[Reply]
timo 03:51 AM 10-05-2009
Broncos 14, pats 10
HaHa the buzz saw that hasn't played anyone:-):-)
[Reply]
taltos 06:12 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
And the old, slow and fat just keep getting older, slower and fatter, :-):-):-)
No need to insult me this early in the season.:-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:20 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Junior, done an interview at the Bruins game, and said if Bill called he was coming.
He may be forty but knows how to play the game, and will be a great guy in the locker room.:-)
Agreed, they need a personality like his to be a leader on defense.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:36 AM 10-05-2009
I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.
[Reply]
dogface_313 09:59 AM 10-05-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
I had the pleasure of being at yesterday's game and there were a bunch of mouthy Ravens fans sitting behind us. They were rude and obnoxious for a good part of the game but became VERY quiet during the fourth quarter. Even they did not seem to believe that the Ravens could score on their last drive.

Some observations:

Brady is improving every week. His timing and anticipation of where his receivers will be continue to improve. He will need to be at his best against McDaniels and company in Denver.

The young defense is also improving weekly. It was good to see Wilfork back in there and interesting that Baltimore's vaunted running game was essientially a no show against him and the Patriots defense. Hopefully we will get Mayo back for the Denver game.

Wes Welker makes a huge difference when he is in the game. With both him and Moss on the field at the same time defenses have a very hard time with the matchups. Someone is left in one on one coverage and Brady inevitably finds them. I am intrigued by the idea of Welker, Moss and Edelman all on the field at the same time.

Even I think the NFL has gone a bit too far with their protecting the quarterback rules. Whenever we get a QB hurry or sack, I find myself looking for the flag.

Lawrence Maroney should be relegated to the bench. He no longer has the will to stick his nose into a pile and run North and South. The only situation he is good at is catching a screen pass in the flat with no defender immediately in front of him.

The offensive line is playing well overall. T Brady mostly had lots of time to find receivers yesterday.

Overall a good win against a good team. Big game coming up against the undefeated Broncos next week. I think that the team that goes in with the most emotion will have the edge in this one. The whole Belicheck vs. MccDaniels thing will be what the network geniuses will be playing up. I'm thinking that the mentor might still have some lessons for his old student.

I agree with everything you wrote. Offense looked much better this game. That last drive culminating with the TD pass to Moss looked great. They were certainly clicking.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 10:02 AM 10-05-2009
Great game for the Pats! Fun to watch. :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 12:26 PM 10-06-2009
The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.
[Reply]
coastietech 03:53 PM 10-06-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
The Pats really need to play well now. I have just placed a 10 pk of cigars on the jets not winning the AFC East, the only ones who will stop them are the Patriots.
Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see. :-)

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season. :-):-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:49 PM 10-06-2009
Watching this thread hilarious seeing guys argue about whose team sucks the least, LOL
[Reply]
2000ARMY 03:53 AM 10-07-2009
Pats have a tough game this week but I think Brady and Belichick want to beat McDaniels badly.

Pats Defense has been great so far .... I hope they can maintain the intensity
[Reply]
2000ARMY 03:54 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Bwhahahahaha having doubts now, I see. :-)

Start picking out the cigars you want to send me now. The Pats have no chance unless some divine intervention destroys the Jets during the season. :-):-)
The Jets are great at self destructing on their own ... no help needed
[Reply]
dogface_313 01:07 PM 10-11-2009
Big game today!!
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:05 PM 10-11-2009
Broncos 14, pats 10
Pretty close.

NFL Overtime rules are horrible. I have been saying this for a while. They should take a note from college football.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up