Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Job Site Sticks.
WildBlueSooner 04:22 PM 05-22-2009
Awesome pics again! :-)
[Reply]
acarr 04:36 PM 05-22-2009
Are there any cheapo sticks at this job site?
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:37 PM 05-22-2009
5-21-09 cont...

Well lunch time came and I got back with a hand full of treats.

Nub Habana, which I smoke alot of. Cant wait for the Maduro Nub!
Benchmade Robusto, cheap thing the B&M girl told me to try.
San Cristobal Clasico 5x50, been wanting to try one.
Padron 7000 maduro, should be double the fun of a 3000...we will see.
Diamond Crown Figurado #6, cause its looked hella yummy!
CAO America Landmark 6x60...been wanting to try one, never had anything by CAO, might as well try one that looks cool.

So what was going to be my after lunch smoke?....The Padron 7000 of course. Are you kidding me?

$5.66? Why the heck am I spending all this money buying anni's?...cause they are great thats why! But seriously, The 7000 was really good.
I still got alot of the same flavors I get when smoking a anni. Perhaps not nearly as smooth and flavorful as a 26 or 64, but at under $6...very nice.

[Reply]
ECPrevatte 04:41 PM 05-22-2009
I laughed at the torches original use, and now what you use it for.
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:47 PM 05-22-2009
5-21-09 cont. some more...

Just for acarr, before heading home for the day I decided to try the el cheapo that the girl at the B&M said to try. I asked what she thought was a decent cigar for cheap. Benchmade Robusto I paid $2.71, and it was worth it because I did not lose out on too much money. This thing was definitely a dog stick. It is supposed to be from Ashton.

Cant really explain it, but it had the worst after taste. I chucked this thing out the window on the way home. I barely made it to the half way point. Much better than an Acid though!

Michael
[Reply]
flat6nut 05:07 PM 05-22-2009
5-22-09

Ah Friday, and a three day weekend to boot! I decided to smoke the CAO America Landmark, 6x60. First thing you notice about this stick is its cool barber pole wrapper. I also liked its size. Big, just like a double robusto. I did not get alot of smoke from it, but alot of flavor to make up for it. I would rate this as an average cigar, that I would definitely smoke again. I kept getting a hint of mint. Am I alone in this?

Well thats another week of smokes. Hopefully after the weekend my sinus infection will be better along with my taste buds. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Michael
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:00 PM 05-22-2009
Great pics as usual Michael...keep em coming.
[Reply]
Bax 07:42 PM 05-22-2009
Great thread and awesome pics!:-)
[Reply]
m69c44 08:23 PM 05-22-2009
Michael great pic's I felt the same way about the America Landmark not too sure of the mint thing, but yes a good smoke
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:41 PM 05-22-2009
I have one of the Americas sitting in the humi...keep staring at me every time I open it up. Might be time to burn em up.
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:14 PM 05-28-2009
5-26-09

Over the long weekend we went to Tampa Sweethearts to buy a few goodies. I did a review in the non cuban review section on the #500 Maduro if anyone is interested in an excellent "cheap" cigar. I am sure I will smoke one soon on the job and include it here.

I had heard alot of mixed reviews on this next cigar, but being the huge maduro fan I had to find out for myself. Camacho, Triple Maduro. First off this cigar has a great presence about it. Decent size ring guage and maduro wrapper. Not to mention its look at me silver and black band.

Well, thats about as much praise that I can give it. It was a strong cigar but it had no flavor. Now if you consider terms like earthy, and dirt, then you will more than likely love this cigar. I love full flavor cigars that are strong, but I do not want the same stagnet flavor all the way thru the cigar. I did nub it, but only because i try to give a cigar a complete chance of proving itself. For me, it never did. Sorry.

On the plus side it did give off nice smoke.

Michael
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:23 PM 05-28-2009
Love this thread. Really great photos.

And, I'm finding out about a TON of different sticks.
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:38 PM 05-28-2009
5-27-09

Todays first smoke was another cigar I have heard mixed reviews on, but I am constantly trying something new as everyones tastes are not the same.
San Cristobal, Clasico 5x50.

This size and shape of cigar along with having a maduro wrapper is something I am always drawn to. They fit perfect in my hands without getting in the way of work, so I had high hopes. probably had them set to high because the only thing great about these guys is the looks and the pretty band. I sure hope I smoke something new that I like soon, because this thing was a turd.
Really hard cigar to nub.

Speeking of nub...Thats waht my after lunch cigar was. Nub, Habano

Not the biggest fan of the Nubs, but the Habano is one that I will smoke about once a month. To be honest, I smoke them because they are a change from the norm and they look cool. Just another mild to slightly medium cigar that always gives me the bitter bite at the back of my tongue towards the end of the cigar. I am however really looking forward to trying the new Nub Maduros I hear are coming that some have already tried.

Michael
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:59 PM 05-28-2009
5-28-09

Took the wife to the airport this morning. She flew into Shreveport La., where she was picked up by family and driven to Jacksonville Tx. So I am pretty much the bachlor for the weekend...at least while my daughter is hanging out with her friends.

I brought a few #500 maduro Tampa Sweethearts with me today, but felt like something new. So after lunch I swung by the local Tobacco Depot and bout something that caught my eye. Cusano, 59 Rare Cameroon Preferido.

Now I have seen the funky modern bands of Cusano cigars before, and they turned me off just by their looks. Once my eyes caught this good looking feller though...I just knew I was going to give it a try, and let me tell ya brothers...I am impressed! Very tasty indeed. A medium bodied cigar that packs alot of flavor. cant describe any of them (lol), but a very nice change of pace. I will be buying more of these.

Again, thanks to all who have enjoyed this thread. I promise to keep up with it, and hopefully learn how to give a proper review.

Michael
[Reply]
TripleF 08:12 PM 05-28-2009
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat thread. Great idea! Great pics. Love to see the smokes and the progression of the job.

If I could hit your REPUTATION I would right now but I've given out too much in the last 24 hours. :-)

Can't wait til we herf! :-)
[Reply]
joetownhound 08:42 PM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
5-15-09

Still sick but I could not resist trying another one of my Ybor purchases (I bought a few of these because I have been looking for them for awhile locally with no luck till now).

Olivas' Master Blend #3 Even though I was still not feeling perfect, the cigar tasted wonderful. Full flavor and lots of smoke. so glad I have more of these to try when I am not sick.

What a great looking cigar these things are.

I was feeling alot better today (5-18-09), and had planned on smoking an ESG to celebrate...but it was way to rainy to waste. Looks like the rain will be here all week.

Thanks everyone who has enjoyed this thread. Perhaps I can give better reviews in the future. There is always tomorrow!

Michael
How far are you from Tampa Humidor, reason I ask is because I was there today and they carry both of these cigars. They are a good retailer to find many hard to find cigars that you can't find at other retailers.
[Reply]
flat6nut 09:06 PM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by joetownhound:
How far are you from Tampa Humidor, reason I ask is because I was there today and they carry both of these cigars. They are a good retailer to find many hard to find cigars that you can't find at other retailers.
I visit Tampa Humidor about twice a month. I actually stopped in there after leaving Ybor where I had bought the MB3. I did see them there that day, but never recall seeing them before. I really enjoy going to TH because I think they have one of the best humidors in the state, and the smell is out of this world.:-)

I live in Lutz, its just on the North side of Hillsbourgh County. Look forward to meeting you at our next herf.
[Reply]
joetownhound 09:39 PM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
I visit Tampa Humidor about twice a month. I actually stopped in there after leaving Ybor where I had bought the MB3. I did see them there that day, but never recall seeing them before. I really enjoy going to TH because I think they have one of the best humidors in the state, and the smell is out of this world.:-)

I live in Lutz, its just on the North side of Hillsbourgh County. Look forward to meeting you at our next herf.
Likewise can't wait to be able to herf again. There are two herf planned for next month if you is not aware of. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...d=1#post402180
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:04 PM 05-29-2009
5-29-09

Today started off very well. Morning cigar, Tampa Sweethearts, #500 Maduro. As some of you may have already read my review of these in the non-cuban review section...nothing has changed. Every single one of these I have smoked is as good as the last. If you were blindfolded you would have no idea you were smoking a $2.14 cigar ($42.75 for a bundle of 20). :-)

Even though these things are rolled by apprentice rollers for A. Fuente, you would not know it. Every one of them in my bundle look the exact same, and have a perfect draw. Tons of smoke, that is smooth enough to nose with every draw. I absolutely love these things...which is a bad thing for my local B&M's because I will not be smoking as many big money sticks.

The only bad thing I can think of is they do not come in any sizes larger. As soon as I nub one out, I want to lite another.

Nice burn from start to finish...and it does have a very nice finish. I brought along a 26 PAM to smoke after lunch becuase I knew nothing else was going to top what my morning smoke was. Unfortunitly I had a very rough afternoon, and did not want to waste a great smoke on such a horrid day.

Perhaps I will smoke that tomorrow since I have to work...or maybe I will smoke three TS #500 Maduros instead. :-)

Michael
[Reply]
Jimbo14 11:58 PM 05-29-2009
Fantastic stuff like always! Keep it comming mate!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up