Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 54
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
JE3146 04:40 PM 06-07-2010
I figure if I'm gonna be mocked for my statements, I might as well make statements worth mocking :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:43 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
JE3146 04:46 PM 06-07-2010
I wouldn't be caught dead on a Dell :-)

It'd be a macbook pro instead :-)
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 04:47 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I figure if I'm gonna be mocked for my statements, I might as well make statements worth mocking :-)
I am on Jordan's side in this entire debate...until Steve Jobs is dead and in the ground, I will never own another Apple product...the cult-like nature that their products have inspired are absolutely comical...its like thinking an Opus X is bar far the single greatest cigar in the world...because CigarAficianado said so...there are many reasons as to why Apple has no real chance at taking a bite out of the PC market and its applications....I carry a BlackBerry...mainly for business uses...for instance, making phone calls and checking e-mail...not as a calorie calculator or a personal video game device....
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:49 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I am on Jordan's side in this entire debate...until Steve Jobs is dead and in the ground, I will never own another Apple product...the cult-like nature that their products have inspired are absolutely comical...its like thinking an Opus X is bar far the single greatest cigar in the world...because CigarAficianado said so...there are many reasons as to why Apple has no real chance at taking a bite out of the PC market and its applications....I carry a BlackBerry...mainly for business uses...for instance, making phone calls and checking e-mail...not as a calorie calculator or a personal video game device....
oh well, here we go again. :-)
[Reply]
Dooge 04:50 PM 06-07-2010
saving up and buying one.
[Reply]
The Professor 04:52 PM 06-07-2010
I guess you can only say things like that for so long. When Apple *does* start taking a bite out of the PC market and out of the enterprise phone market -- as it *has* -- then your objections kind of ring hollow. Apple has a pretty darned successful platform that a lot of people *like* because, well, it works and offers a pleasing experience. I think that's why more and more people are buying Apple products.
[Reply]
The Professor 04:53 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Word.

Maybe I should just be responding with total fanboyisms to counter the naysayers. :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:54 PM 06-07-2010
Word.

Maybe I should just be responding with total fanboyisms to counter the naysayers. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:56 PM 06-07-2010
Why can't people understand it is because we like their products. If we do, what is wrong with that? Can't it be like you like Mercedes and I like BMW and why should any of that be "comical"? Where on this thread does it say Steve Jobs is the best in the world as in your Opus X analogy?

Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Won't end.
[Reply]
T.G 04:57 PM 06-07-2010
Doubtful, would eliminate the need to spend more money (lots) on a device with a few bucks worth of added memory :-)
I fully realize that, and depending on which side of the sales/marketing/engineering fence your views are on, one can see the lack of the upgrade slot as a good thing or a bad thing. Personally, I'm not thrilled with the possible lack of one.

I was wondering/asking if anyone had actually seen the full specs yet to confirm that it, like the 3G, was lacking the memory card slot.
(can't load Apple's website or engadget here - too painfull waiting for the pages to load via the remote)
[Reply]
Dooge 05:02 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Why can't people understand it is because we like their products. If we do, what is wrong with that? Can't it be like you like Mercedes and I like BMW and why should any of that be "comical"? Where on this thread does it say Steve Jobs is the best in the world as in your Opus X analogy?

Won't end.
Agreed. People should just come to the conclusion that others do, in fact, like the devices. That's why they sell. I don't enjoy the fanboy conversations usually. Granted, SJ is a bit of a tit at times but makes some awesome devices.
[Reply]
The Professor 05:03 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
I fully realize that, and depending on which side of the sales/marketing/engineering fence your views are on, one can see the lack of the upgrade slot as a good thing or a bad thing. Personally, I'm not thrilled with the possible lack of one.

I was wondering/asking if anyone had actually seen the full specs yet to confirm that it, like the 3G, was lacking the memory card slot.
(can't load Apple's website or engadget here - too painfull waiting for the pages to load via the remote)
No memory card slot. Confirmed via the Tech Specs on Apple's page.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:06 PM 06-07-2010
No memory card slot. Confirmed via the Tech Specs on Apple's page.
Here is the tech page.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
[Reply]
Blueface 05:10 PM 06-07-2010
Hey Tony, how do I look?
I am getting dressed early for the June 15 pre-order.:-)
I am a true Fan Boy.

[Reply]
Dooge 05:11 PM 06-07-2010
Worlds. Best. Picture.

He has a banana in his groin area.
[Reply]
T.G 05:12 PM 06-07-2010
Thanks Dokk.
[Reply]
JE3146 05:13 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by Dooge:
Worlds. Best. Picture.

He has a banana in his groin area.
He's excited to see Steve Jobs...
[Reply]
T.G 05:14 PM 06-07-2010
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:16 PM 06-07-2010
Nope.

You can tell I am just excited about the thought of seeing him.
Had I truly seen him, it would have been over and that great outfit would have been stained.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 54
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up