Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love
DaBear 10:33 PM 07-16-2012
I think I'll have a LG Chisel for breakfast tomorrow. I've been losing my taste for Kelner sticks of late, which means I need something to replace my Avo Classic No. 3s
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:24 PM 07-17-2012
I smoked this one tonight and have a question regarding it:

A couple of orders back, SeriousCigars sent me this LFD Double Press instead of a LFD Habano Perfecto. Not a biggy. I'm not sure which Double Press this is, as there is no mention on the SeriousCigar web page, except for the Prensado (6X52). The cigar in the photo is 5.5x 52 or 54 (I can never tell with a square press). If you know which vitola this is, just jot it down here. Thanks...
[Reply]
DaBear 11:22 PM 07-17-2012
It's just what they said, a Double Press. They may have had the name of the cigar wrong on the website or something.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:20 AM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
It's just what they said, a Double Press. They may have had the name of the cigar wrong on the website or something.
:-)

Great cigar (What else would I say:-)) They can be had at Cigars at your price for cheap as well. But it's pretty complex, leathery, woody, and medium bodied.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 11:00 AM 01-20-2013
LFD Salomone- 3 hours of bliss!
[Reply]
dave 07:24 AM 01-21-2013
Add me to the LG fan club. Nice article in recent CA on Litto and Ines, if you haven't seen it.
Devil site gave up a box of DL Chiselito Maduros for great price last week and I couldn't be happier. One of my favorite small cigars. I also love the Icepick, but have had trouble getting past the price tag. Great little cigar, but something in my brain prevents me from paying that much for a cheroot unless I'm standing in the shop, with them staring back at me.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:33 AM 01-21-2013
I hear you on the Icepick. A really, really great cigar but the price is something to be reckoned with. Now that I think of it DE and the Papas Fritas are not that far off from it when it comes to the price issue.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:43 AM 01-21-2013
Grabbed a 5er of some really dark and oily LFD DL-700s last week. The B&M I purchased these from requested that Litto hand select a few of the darkest bundles he had and that he did.

[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:47 AM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Grabbed a 5er of some really dark and oily LFD DL-700s last week. The B&M I purchased these from requested that Litto hand select a few of the darkest bundles he had and that he did.

Damn! Those look like Oscuro DL, if there was such a thing:-):-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:13 AM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Just make sure you "fasten your seatbelt" when you fire one up Mac:-):-)
[Reply]
DaBear 10:45 AM 01-21-2013
Anyone gotten to try any of the Oros yet? Loved the Chisel, was unimpressed with both the wrappers of the Toro, especially at the price point. Very different for an LFD so they kept me interested.
[Reply]
riverdawg 11:24 AM 01-21-2013
Nope, haven't had the opportunity on the Oros yet. Love me some LGD stuff though. My favorite.... probably the little Oriental, but just "probably". There's too many good ones to be pinned down.

Going to be over y'all's way in a couple of weeks, but will once again be pushed for time. Playing a couple of rounds of disc golf down toward Moncure, and ferrying a couple of non-cigar buddies soooo..... we shall see.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:59 PM 01-22-2013
I have been really busy today, and glad I started today off this morning with a Litto Gomez Diez "Americano" (basically a cuban corona size and rg) and a cup of joe. What a great little smoke that is a solid medium body and pushing the medium/full barrier at the half-way point. Take your time with this stick and you'll be rewarded with some great flavor...

[Reply]
dubleuhb 09:17 PM 01-22-2013
Great smoke!! Though my fav is the Oriental.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:26 PM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by dubleuhb:
Great smoke!! Though my fav is the Oriental.
Thats gonna be my next one to locate Bill. That one looks like a winner:-)
[Reply]
dubleuhb 09:56 PM 01-22-2013
If you like lanceros try the one in that line. In my top 5 of lanceros.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:05 PM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by dubleuhb:
If you like lanceros try the one in that line. In my top 5 of lanceros.
Yep, those are the 3 rg' that I'm going to be concentrating on, the Americano, Oriental, and the Lancero in the LGD line Bill...

[Reply]
dave 07:44 AM 01-23-2013
Very interested to hear opinions on Oro, also. B&M last night had them, but at $13 and change, I put it back....then picked up what the tobacconist called a "new, softer, double press"....the cheapskate in me put that one back, too. I probably should have gotten one of each. Maybe tonight.

But, on the other hand, the $9 Duena PL that I DID choose was fantastic.

Since I'm already off topic, would someone please tell the cigar makers to not name cigars with three-letter names!! Makes searching for them on forums a real PITA.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:57 AM 01-23-2013
Had my 1st Air Bender on Monday.....it will not be my last. That was a great smoke.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 11:27 AM 01-23-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I have been really busy today, and glad I started today off this morning with a Litto Gomez Diez "Americano" (basically a cuban corona size and rg) and a cup of joe. What a great little smoke that is a solid medium body and pushing the medium/full barrier at the half-way point. Take your time with this stick and you'll be rewarded with some great flavor...

What biker bar did you steal the coffee cup from:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up