Page 6 of 37
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Sports>Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010
rizzle 03:07 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I liked you up until this sentence...
:-):-):-)

Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I've been a fan of theirs since high school. I had never liked (and still don't like) Notre Dame football, and when I was young and impressionable I happened upon an incredible comeback by the Vols against the Irish. (Here's a link to the story from the SI Vault) If I rooted for them or not before that game, I'm not sure, but, like Keith said, this area of the country isn't exactly a college football hotbed.

"My team" is actually Rutgers. I'm an alum; the class of '96. The program has just recently become relevant, but since attending I have been a fan. I get to one or two games a year.
Gotcha. I don't know many yanks with UT ties, that's why I asked.

Being born and raised a Bama fan, the rivalry with UT has always been a special one. Growing up, UT was my second favorite team behind Bama. The third Saturday in October has always been a day I look forward to. Unfortunately, Phat Phil took a lot of luster off the historic rivalry and replaced it with some pretty nasty venom. Time tends to heal most wounds though, and I hope in time the Bama-UT rivalry can get back to what it once was. But for now, I hope we kick the living dog shite out of y'all come October. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 03:08 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
Best Buy was supposed to deliver my new TV tomorrow so I can watch my beloved Gators kick off the season. Best Buy called, no TV.

Best Buy sucks. But not as much as Ohio State!:-)
You'll fit in just fine around here. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:32 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I liked you up until this sentence...
Come on...you still like me, right? :-) I still like you, just not your football team! :-) :-) One of my closest friends is actually a Florida alum (works for them at some capacity now) and we sure have fun ribbin' each other...actually I'm sure it's been more fun for him for a good while now!
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Gotcha. I don't know many yanks with UT ties, that's why I asked.

Being born and raised a Bama fan, the rivalry with UT has always been a special one. Growing up, UT was my second favorite team behind Bama. The third Saturday in October has always been a day I look forward to. Unfortunately, Phat Phil took a lot of luster off the historic rivalry and replaced it with some pretty nasty venom. Time tends to heal most wounds though, and I hope in time the Bama-UT rivalry can get back to what it once was. But for now, I hope we kick the living dog shite out of y'all come October. :-)
Your feelings toward Fulmer are similar to mine for Spurrier. Man, I can't stand that guy.

My Dad is originally from the Western part of NC, so I do have some southern ties. A lot (lot) of family is still in Western NC (Statesville area). My Uncle moved to Knoxville and his son went to UT and is now a professor there, so I have some semblance of a tie to UT. That may be why I first became a fan, but it was a while ago, so I'm not sure.
[Reply]
Powers 12:15 PM 09-03-2010
Week 1 Notable Matchups:

#21 LSU vs #18 North Carolina - 8 pm

Miami (Ohio) at #4 Florida - 12 pm

Kentucky at Louisville - 3:30 pm

Memphis at Mississippi State - 7 pm

San Jose State at #1 Alabama - 7 pm

Good work Gamecocks yesterday :-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 01:23 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:

Your feelings toward Fulmer are similar to mine for Spurrier. Man, I can't stand that guy.
What's the difference between Steve Spurrier and God?

God doesn't think he's Steve Spurrier.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:24 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:

And God never won a National Championship.
[Reply]
ninjavanish 01:27 PM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
And God never won a National Championship.
Are you kidding? Everyone knows he rushed for 1.76 to the 567th power his freshman season.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:30 PM 09-03-2010
Are you kidding? Everyone knows he rushed for 1.76 to the 567th power his freshman season.
Now that IS impressive! :-)
[Reply]
Powers 01:44 PM 09-03-2010

Answer: For Gator fans there is no difference b/w the two

:-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 02:06 PM 09-03-2010
You see... God didn't actually rush the ball for all of those yards... he stood still and moved the universe around him.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:06 PM 09-03-2010
SOS isn't God... but he tells it just like it is. That is why lots of people don't like him. It is the same reason some don't like God!!!

I still love the ol' ball coach and what he did to bring the Gators from a "wait 'til next year" team to one that has won more games since 1990 than any other college team. Years ago we would have sold our souls for a 10 win season. Now it is fully expected. Long live SOS!!!!
[Reply]
ucubed 12:03 PM 09-04-2010
Gator offense is just miserable today...Yes offense to Pouncey, new CENTER PLEASE!! It's unbearable to watch
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:07 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by ucubed:
Gator offense is just miserable today...Yes offense to Pouncey, new CENTER PLEASE!! It's unbearable to watch
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:35 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by ucubed:
26 yards combined passing and rushing through 3 quarters? :-)

Thank goodness for Janoris Jenkins.
[Reply]
Pass 11:11 PM 09-04-2010
Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss 49-48 in double OT... And the final TD and conversion were epic!

Also my Hogs trounced Tenn Tech (no surprise).

Gators looked pretty awful today.... I expected much better. Hopefully they'll clean it up for the real games.
[Reply]
ir13 11:39 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss 49-48 in double OT... And the final TD and conversion were epic!

Also my Hogs trounced Tenn Tech (no surprise).

Gators looked pretty awful today.... I expected much better. Hopefully they'll clean it up for the real games.
Hope not :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:34 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by ir13:
Hope not :-)
Hope you don't get another goiter. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 12:54 PM 09-05-2010
SEC play of the week for me was Julio Jones' one-handed touchdown grab :-)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302470333
[Reply]
McSmokey 12:16 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
SEC play of the week for me was Julio Jones' one-handed touchdown grab :-)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302470333
I most definitely agree on this point ROLL TIDE!!!
[Reply]
longknocker 12:36 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
I most definitely agree on this point ROLL TIDE!!!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 37
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up