Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 456 78 >
All Cigar Discussion>Gurkha hatin
Smokin Gator 04:19 AM 04-17-2009
A couple of months ago I was feeling bad for Legend. He posted that he was on hard times and was only buying sticks that were under $1. Now he is Kauai smoking expensive cigars and drinking expensive wine!!!! Plus he has a trip planned to Nicaragua!!!

Now I am not feeling bad...
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:32 AM 04-17-2009
Gents,

I don't mean to offend this community. If I were in Hawaii with my wife, I would be living that, not posting on this bb. I like you and all, but there are a lot of things more important.

Just sayin'

Now if I were to routinely go to Hawaii and got bored I may drop in and visit yall. No, still don't see that happening.
[Reply]
poker 07:01 AM 04-17-2009
I dont hate Gurka's. I dont like em either for that fact.

Do they suck? Depends on the guy who buys it & lights it. The term "good" can be very subjective.
Is a Rolex watch a "good" watch? The answer you get will depend on who you ask.

I have some Gurka's, but will I smoke em? Probably not. Actually.....no.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:14 AM 04-17-2009
Gurkha has an "H" in it. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 07:39 AM 04-17-2009
so does douche, but i digress...

anyway - happy anniversary, legend. i agree with kurtz - less time on the inter-webs, more time on that balcony!

oh - and not that i disagree about your napa/alexander thought, but i would say definately silver oak napa outshines silver oak alexander valley... :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:42 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
BURN!!! (on me)
[Reply]
Scottw 07:51 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

anyway - happy anniversary, legend. i agree with kurtz - less time on the inter-webs, more time on that balcony!

oh - and not that i disagree about your napa/alexander thought, but i would say definately silver oak napa outshines silver oak alexander valley... :-)
That's fookin' funny!!!!!
[Reply]
troutbreath 09:32 AM 04-17-2009
Enjoying a Masters Select torp right now. Bought them on a lark when they were on sales as a 5-er at JR, and liked them. Would I buy them at $8 each? Probably not. But I got a whole box when they were under $90.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:46 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Enjoying a Masters Select torp right now.

My fave Cigar!!
[Reply]
Lensjockie 09:54 AM 04-17-2009
Don't be haters, I must be one of the few that like the Gurk line.
I admit there are some in the line that I don't appreciate and think taste like $#!T, but isn't that true of any line of cigars.
I would suggest a Black Dragon for all the non-believers.
I have found that CC addicts have a tendancy to steer clear.
Maybe because of their "refined tastes" (inability to smoke anything but their pet brands).
They are on the far end of the stronger blends, so for those that enjoy full bodied smokes and do not have an endles supply of CCs in their humi there is something in the line for every taste.

Like anything else let them age a bit and come back to them you might change your mind.

Have your opinions but don't be haters, I'm sure there are cigars in all of your list of must haves that I wouldn't appreciate. 2 way street fellas.

JMHO- Lensjockie
[Reply]
wayner123 09:54 AM 04-17-2009
I have actually done a Gurkha blind taste test challenge and had to endure the most disgusting, horrible cigar I have ever tasted. Gurkha's have a ton of lines and some people like them, some people don't. For me, the reason "why" I don't like them is because they taste awful and have poor construction issues.

I can post the findings of that testing if you would like.
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:33 AM 04-17-2009
i have to point this out, it's kind of funny...

of all the gurkha love/hate threads its funny to see how many times people make the exact same post that basically says "some like them, some don't, smoke what you like"

(^^^ i'm not saying im guilty of it somewhere down the line... i just find it to be comical)

Seriously, go back and look at every post in this thread as well as others. The Reality of it is that exposure is exposure whether good or bad and i bet Kaizad Hansotia likes the controversial posts that we all make (good or bad)... even if they all reiterate the same thing.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:41 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i have to point this out, it's kind of funny...

of all the gurkha love/hate threads its funny to see how many times people make the exact same post that basically says "some like them, some don't, smoke what you like"

(^^^ i'm not saying im guilty of it somewhere down the line... i just find it to be comical)

Seriously, go back and look at every post in this thread as well as others. The Reality of it is that exposure is exposure whether good or bad and i bet Kaizad Hansotia likes the controversial posts that we all make (good or bad)... even if they all reiterate the same thing.
So you are saying that Legend and Hansotia are one and the same?!?
:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:47 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Well.... they are both on the intrawebz, and you know what that means.....
[Reply]
Starscream 10:47 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Well.... they are both on the intrawebz, and you know what that means.....
That they are of lesser quality than if they were at B&M's?
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:49 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
yes, that is correct!
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 11:13 AM 04-17-2009
there's also an H in Hansotia...
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:27 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
They taste like ass.
Trust this man. If anyone has eaten a lot of ass its this guy. He definetly knows what ass taste like. Could you make it any easier?

Rule number 1. Smoke what you like.

From a former smoker of Gurkha:
As to the sticks. I used to like and smoke more of them. Some people begin to find them not very interesting over time. Then factoring in the prices it makes them a tougher stick to buy. There are still a few I would smoke, but not pay the price for. If you look at the options out there such as illusione, or pepin or padilla or oliva, many of us have a hard time paying the price for the few sticks that are mildly entertaining. Kind of similar to the Rocky Patel situation.

As asking this question on this board is bad idea. First of all this board is populated Habanos Heads to a large extent. Second of the rest of the smokers many have been smoking a long time. These are 2 groups of people who are not going to be in the Gurkha camp.
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:35 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Trust this man. If anyone has eaten a lot of ass its this guy. He definetly knows what ass taste like. Could you make it any easier?

Rule number 1. Smoke what you like.

From a former smoker of Gurkha:
As to the sticks. I used to like and smoke more of them. Some people begin to find them not very interesting over time. Then factoring in the prices it makes them a tougher stick to buy. There are still a few I would smoke, but not pay the price for. If you look at the options out there such as illusione, or pepin or padilla or oliva, many of us have a hard time paying the price for the few sticks that are mildly entertaining. Kind of similar to the Rocky Patel situation.

As asking this question on this board is bad idea. First of all this board is populated Habanos Heads to a large extent. Second of the rest of the smokers many have been smoking a long time. These are 2 groups of people who are not going to be in the Gurkha camp.

Theres a Gurkha Camp???? Are they taking summer applications??? :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:36 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Trust this man. If anyone has eaten a lot of ass its this guy. He definetly knows what ass taste like.
Yeah, your wife's. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 456 78 >
Up