Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 456 78 >
All Cigar Discussion>The biggest waste of money cigar for 2009
heavyd 10:29 PM 01-15-2010
Tat Red tubo for me... tasted/smelled sorta like a Gurkha (essence of dryer lint). The Black tubo was pretty good, but I won't buy any more of those due to the construction quality issues I have had.
[Reply]
The EVP 06:56 AM 01-16-2010
I hate to say this because I realy do like some of his cigars, but the latest lines from Rocky Patel haven't been doing much for me. Didn't like the Patel Brother's. The 1961 is okay, but nothing to get excited about. The seasonal collections were okay but again, nothing that realy blew me away.
[Reply]
gnukfu 11:56 AM 01-16-2010
Originally Posted by heavyd:
Tat Red tubo for me... tasted/smelled sorta like a Gurkha (essence of dryer lint). The Black tubo was pretty good, but I won't buy any more of those due to the construction quality issues I have had.
Interesting...I thought the Red was great and wasn't impressed with the Black.
[Reply]
Bruzee 12:01 PM 01-16-2010
Liga Privada #9..... I paid $18 for it, and I was sorely disappointed.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 06:22 AM 01-17-2010
After reading this thread, I'm going to agree with the El Triunfador crowd. I bought two of these for $11 bucks each after the owner of the B&M pulled them out from the back of the store like they were his secret stash.

So I smoked one back then (1 year ago) and was not impressed, especially for the money. Then yesterday I remembered that I had one more aging in the humi. I smoked it and guess what? No magic. No $11 magic for sure. It was an okay cigar that I would put on par with a gran habano. I'd say it should have been priced @ $4.
[Reply]
lakeside toker 06:44 AM 01-17-2010
Any Tatuaje. I have given them many chances and always wrapper issues.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:55 AM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
18??? Ouch!
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 07:44 AM 01-17-2010
Anything from Avalon...I'm surprised the World Health Organization and the CDC would allow something like these to even be called a cigar and then that anyone could even sleep at night after selling them to someone...I would smoke Cremosas all day before smoking these
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:51 AM 01-17-2010
For me it was the La Riqueza...torched three of these and all three were very bland and one dimension.
[Reply]
kgraybill 01:00 PM 01-17-2010
Rocky Patel R4 maduro. They were cheep but I dont think I would even put them in a moochodor.
[Reply]
Trouble 02:12 PM 01-17-2010
I hate to say a cigar is bad. I feel they are a lot like colors... There are no bad ones just personal preference.

That being said, I just smoked a Graycliff 1666. It was very light in weight and the draw was like pulling through a paper towel tube. It felt like it contained half the tobacco of a regular cigar. I did not enjoy the flavor either.

I got it in a sampler and figured it was a cheap cigar they included in the sampler to get rid of it. I just looked online and could not believe it is such an expensive cigar.

It does get good reviews. Maybe it is just me.
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:26 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Anything Perdomo let me down this past year. Tastes like grass.
YES I agree!!! PERDOMO has totally gone downhill compared to how they used to be!
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:39 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
:-)

I smoked my first one today and I have to sagree with you. It was a gift, but I would have been dissappointed if I had paid more than $6 for it:-)
[Reply]
Zulu 11:00 PM 01-17-2010
This is a very strange topic seeing how the beauty of cigars is that there are so many kinds because we all have different tastes. That being said I hope that those new to cigar smoking realize these posts are merely opinions and hope they do not influence new cigar enthusiasts from trying cigars that some here have trashed. That being said; I hate CC Montecristo #2...I've had more than I can count, and yes they were the real thing, but I would never post a bad review of the MC2CC knowing that it's not a bad cigar, it's just not to my liking.
Almost every major stick has been trashed on this thread so that goes to show that it is all a matter of taste and opinion.
So; I'm not trying to be the self righteous defender of every cigar ever made, or poohing on anyone who has voiced their opinion...
...only to speak to the noobs to take these posts with a grain of salt and if you want to try a stick that got trashed in this thread, go for it, it may end up being your favorite daily smoke!
The main reason I subscribed to this forum is because, unlike those other forums, people here don't dog and trash what others may like...I hope that doesn't change.
My :-) that I'll probably catch hell for...but hell's not such a bad place; I hear they let you smoke there!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:01 PM 01-17-2010
Wise words, Zulu. :-)

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke....your tastes are yours alone. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:11 PM 01-17-2010
Good post Zulu. Was thinking the same thing.

I've also had one bad smoke from a box of great ones, it's crazy how things go. I would never write off a single cigar from one bad experience. Also agree with personal taste. When I worked at a tobacco shop I enjoyed learning peoples pallets and suggesting cigars. The majority of the time I could hit the nail on the head but every now and again I would suggest a stick that someone didn't dig at all.
[Reply]
wayner123 09:09 AM 01-18-2010
Originally Posted by Zulu:
The main reason I subscribed to this forum is because, unlike those other forums, people here don't dog and trash what others may like...I hope that doesn't change.
Good points Zulu. I have always said smoke what you like and like what you smoke. (even after the Gurkha blind taste test debacle). However I think the portion of your above would be more aptly put to say:

People here don't trash the members themselves for liking certain cigars over others. I can trash a cigar all day long, but I wouldn't do the same to the person smoking it. To each their own. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:06 PM 01-18-2010
...only to speak to the noobs to take these posts with a grain of salt
Well said, Zulu! I would also state the same for positive reviews of a cigars. One man's trash is another man's treasure and vise versa. Good thing there are so many to choose from. :-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 04:35 PM 01-18-2010
For me I smoked a couple RP Olde World maduros that I really just didn't like. Also didn't like the RP sungrown, quit on my second one halfway through.

Surprised to see the Tabaco Baez SF mentioned. Was it really so bad that even $3 wasn't worth it?
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 04:43 PM 01-18-2010
...I hope that those new to cigar smoking realize these posts are merely opinions and hope they do not influence new cigar enthusiasts from trying cigars that some here have trashed.
Not to mention that many of the cigars mentioned are not 2009 releases.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 456 78 >
Up