Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Sports>A-Fraud Tests Positive for Steroid Use
taltos 08:00 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I have always thought Manny was a roider especially with all his personality issues. Big Papi I think is just a big dude.
I don't know if Manny is bright enough to know which end of the syringe goes in his arm and if you have ever seen him with his shirt off, he is a mound of baby fat. Papi I suspect that he ate his way to present size. Varitek would not surprise me, outside of his elbow injury he has been pretty healthy and caught a whole bunch of games. Schilling would not surprise me either.
[Reply]
ScottieM 08:00 PM 02-09-2009
I have always thought Manny was a roider especially with all his personality issues. Big Papi I think is just a big dude.
I don't know. He's been in decline since that Mitchell report came out.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:04 PM 02-09-2009
A good way to gauge is who are the players with chronic joint injuries. These guys put on the mass and increase muscles and the tendons & ligaments at the joints fail from the added stress.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:05 PM 02-09-2009
I would also love it to see Schilling's name on the steroid list. Just for all the smack he talks.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:14 PM 02-09-2009
I would also love it to see Schilling's name on the steroid list. Just for all the smack he talks.

Schilling is fat as hell, if he was on roids my guess it was when he was in Philly, no way with the Red Sox.
[Reply]
taltos 08:22 PM 02-09-2009
A good way to gauge is who are the players with chronic joint injuries. These guys put on the mass and increase muscles and the tendons & ligaments at the joints fail from the added stress.
Being overweight does the same thing to knees which is where Papi has had his major problems.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:37 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Being overweight does the same thing to knees which is where Papi has had his major problems.
Look at Papis numbers when he played for Minnesota. He picked up off waivers and became a power slugger. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was juicing too.
[Reply]
Yazzie 08:38 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Schilling is fat as hell, if he was on roids my guess it was when he was in Philly, no way with the Red Sox.

Schilling wrote in his Blog today that he's all for rleasing the list of 103....
[Reply]
Yazzie 08:39 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Look at Papis numbers when he played for Minnesota. He picked up off waivers and became a power slugger. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was juicing too.
Maybe, but tonight he is not the one crying to Peter Gammons about how stressful life was....:-):-):-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:40 PM 02-09-2009
Steroids do not always add muscle. They add mass and it is up to the person to excersize and make it muscle or let it become fat.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:41 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
Maybe, but tonight he is not the one crying to Peter Gammons about how stressful life was....:-):-):-)
I'm sure he'll have his chance soon enough :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:43 PM 02-09-2009
I still want to know why the Yankees did not bunt on Schilling in 2004?!!?!!?!!? That is more of a tragedy than A-Roid being a juicer.
[Reply]
Yazzie 08:44 PM 02-09-2009
I still want to know why the Yankees did not bunt on Schilling in 2004?!!?!!?!!? That is more of a tragedy than A-Roid being a juicer.

The Bloody sock was a distraction....:-)

sorry for the thread jack....Continue the A-Fraud Bashing
[Reply]
taltos 08:46 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
You normally do better research than this. At Minnesota they had a manager and batting coach who wanted to play small ball and have him hit for average. He was allowed to do it his way when Boston picked him up. It is very possible that he did juice but from watching him for most every game since he came here, it does not look like muscle mass, looks like an investment in good food.
[Reply]
Yazzie 08:47 PM 02-09-2009
Papi is a Phat Phuck.....
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:50 PM 02-09-2009
The good thing about A-Roid is the media will probably forget about Joba's DUI.

It will be interesting to watch A-Roid handle the pressure. He will have zero room for failure this year.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:32 PM 02-09-2009
Not necessarily true, a lot of athletes recover from tendon and ligament injuries faster when taking anabolic steroids. Long term abuse of anabolics can create ligament injuries when the body absorbs stress above its natural capacity for extended periods, but again in many instances these type of injuries heal faster when taking steroids. Based on that, I don't think the chronic joint injuries are an accurate gauge at all, Ryan.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:38 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Yes he likely did, and he also knew it wasn't illegal or get him suspended at the time. He also knew that many other players were doing the same thing for a "competitive edge". He owned up to it and you have to give him credit for that.
after getting called
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:43 PM 02-09-2009
:-):-) I'm glad ylou people can tell who uses steroids by looking at them.
freaking gifted you are:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:48 AM 02-10-2009
Don't forget theres probably a whole queue of players that may have taken masking agents when they took the test. Baseball is not alone when it comes to performance enhancing drugs.

I admire A-Rod's response, it was to the point and I bet he'll have a banner season next year as he does not have to worry about Congressional hearings...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up