Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
General Discussion>Origin of User Names?
IBQTEE1 09:06 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Please do bore us with the details! :-)
My ex-fiancee had HI Q TEE on his license plate. So, to be funny I got mine. When our cars were parked in the garage my plate said IBQTEE1 on the left side and his with HI Q TEE on the right. If you looked it almost seemed like the cars were talking to each other. Yes, I was a dork and the story is boring. :-)

But telling that story once got me out a speeding ticket. The cop was like just for that I am going to let you go. :-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 10:12 AM 06-04-2010
Mine's easy! :-) Wes is Gonesledn so I became MrsSledn. Since we are husband and wife after all.

It's funny to hear other BOTL or SOTL that we know, call him Mr. Sledn. :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 10:26 AM 06-04-2010
Pat short for Patrick
1075 the street address of the house I grew up in
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 11:03 AM 06-04-2010
Mine is easy I have had it since I started smoking cigars. I love the leaf and some say I worship it, CigarDisciple, I also have done extensive study on cigars. I like to read. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:22 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) :-) "Actually" "longknocker" Was The Name Given To Me By An Old Golf Caddie When I "Used" To Hit The Ball A Long Way. I Do Have Big Hands & Feet, Though.:-)
And all this time I just thought you were conceited, Greg!:-)

Just kidding!:-)
[Reply]
Steve 03:43 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
And all this time I just thought you were conceited, Greg!:-)

Just kidding!:-)
Not conceited...just confident!
[Reply]
silentjon 04:03 PM 06-04-2010
Nickname my friends gave me (like Silent Bob).
[Reply]
yellowgoat 04:10 PM 06-04-2010
I had a yellow GTO.

GTO's are usually called Goats and my goat was yellow-yellowgoat. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 04:19 PM 06-04-2010
JE (my initials)
3146 (highschool ID#)

I've had this username for.... well. a very long time. :-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 04:40 PM 06-04-2010
He's not really a wolf despite his own personal conviction... plus "WannaBeSledDogandWhisky" just didn't flow as well.

It's actually a derivation of "orangedogofglory" which turned into "orangedog" and now this. If you see orange dog or similar on another forum, odds are it is me - except on twitter, someone else took it.

both of my "wolves"

[Reply]
druturn 04:58 PM 06-04-2010
Great idea for a thread! Mine is kind of a long and boring story of my middle school days, so I will spare you and tell you the essentials. We came up with nicknames for ourselves(yep, that is how cool I was :-) ) and I passed a U-Turn sign and decided to throw the first two letters of my name in front of it making it 'druturn'. I have used it ever since!
[Reply]
Heartkill 05:04 PM 06-04-2010
Just a handle I use on a few other forums. Originated from my PC gaming days and is also my 360 gamertag.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 05:08 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) :-) "Actually" "longknocker" Was The Name Given To Me By An Old Golf Caddie When I "Used" To Hit The Ball A Long Way. I Do Have Big Hands & Feet, Though.:-)
so you're not an exiled p*rn star :-)

have had this user name for years and it would fit on a license plate
was going to use "smilesalot" but it wouldn't fit on a license plate
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:11 PM 06-04-2010
I'm a huge Civil War buff and love everything about Gettysburg. I used to work at the battlefield for two summers giving interpretive programs.
[Reply]
kugie 05:14 PM 06-04-2010
Just a made up name i used when I played Video Games.
[Reply]
76GTFan 05:16 PM 06-04-2010
Mine is nothing special. Just looked at my old Colibri Jar and that is it. Kind of dumb and would probably change if I could. It stuck though.
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:47 PM 06-04-2010
< boring >

M1903 = the 1903 Springfield rifle, an American classic (even if it is just a plagiarized Mauser design) and our standard arm of 1-1/2 wars--along with plenty of little "brushfire wars" of the teens and 1920s and a sniping role in Korea and early Vietnam.

The A1 variant took the standard 1903 rifle's straight stock and replaced it with a "curved" pistol-grip stock, more like what you'd find on a hunting rifle. It was standardized in 1928, but because the Army had a ton of replacement stocks from WW1 to use up first in what little production there was in the interwar years, it wasn't until about 1940-41 that the M1903A1 variant was in serious production. Because they were made so briefly (and at the outset of a war in which most of them were used up), they are quite rare today.

< /boring >

At the time I signed onto the old CS, I was looking hard for a prewar M1903A1...and, well, I couldn't think of anything more original. Plus, it makes no sense to anybody who isn't a serious gun collector or WW2 buff, so I figured it would stand out.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:01 PM 06-04-2010
The real VirtualSmitty was a boss of mine years ago. Dr. Smith was an old plastic surgeon who was actually pretty adept with computers, the engineer of our building used joke about how much time he spent online, after awhile his nickname in the building became virtualsmitty as more people caught wind of what he was actually doing. He was a really good person, was very good to me the years I knew him, after he died I just kinda started using it. Just one of those things I guess, I used to only lurk at CS, then one day Paul went and hid some of the forums and I had to register and the first thing that popped into my head was that.
[Reply]
TonySmith 06:38 PM 06-04-2010
I blame my parents :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 06:59 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by TonySmith:
I blame my parents :-)
A few of us do... for one reason or another :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up