Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: How does you Significant Other view your cigar hobby?
She loves it! 39 19.80%
She hates it! 40 20.30%
Somewhere in the middle. 118 59.90%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars and your Significant Other
D Man 06:16 AM 08-04-2012
She can only blame her dad for my love of cigars now.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:36 AM 08-04-2012
She tolerates it.
[Reply]
RickT 10:44 AM 08-04-2012
My wife doesn't mind. She actually bought my first cigars for me from a B&M as a surprise. I used to smoke Swisher Sweets before I stepped up to real cigars. We used to enjoy going in to the Outlaw Cigar Company (Kansas City) near the grocery store we used to shop at. Used to love walking in to the Humidor just for the smells. She thinks it's cool that I buy bundles/boxes on the cheap and put them away in my Vinotemp for a few months. She has actually bragged to co-workers how I "age" my own cigars. So yeah, I'd say she's supportive of my hobby.

Rick
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 12:44 PM 08-04-2012
Originally Posted by RMontgomery:
My wife doesn't mind. She actually bought my first cigars for me from a B&M as a surprise. I used to smoke Swisher Sweets before I stepped up to real cigars. We used to enjoy going in to the Outlaw Cigar Company (Kansas City) near the grocery store we used to shop at. Used to love walking in to the Humidor just for the smells. She thinks it's cool that I buy bundles/boxes on the cheap and put them away in my Vinotemp for a few months. She has actually bragged to co-workers how I "age" my own cigars. So yeah, I'd say she's supportive of my hobby.

Rick
Can't beat that. :-)
[Reply]
DevilBane 03:41 AM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by Bax:
She hates everything about it but tolerates it since I could have so many vices that are waaaaaaay worse :-)
Same here. Hey at least it ain't crack....or is it
[Reply]
Kycop34 11:23 AM 08-07-2012
I voted that she supports me....for now....

She wanted me to start smoking for several years because i have always used snuff. Once i got started and she is seeing the stuff coming in, humidor, etc. she is giving me the funny looks. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks and I may have to reverse course...lol
[Reply]
AECUSN 11:42 AM 08-07-2012
My wife gets just as excited to try a new cigar as I do! It is hard to find a woman that will put up with your crap, take the life of a Navy Wife, and like a lot of the same things! I got lucky!
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:02 PM 08-07-2012
My wife is my smoking buddy more often than not. We usually burn one five nights a week after the kids go to bed. Building my smoking lounge has made it easier on her as it's temp controlled. She never liked smoking in the summer heat.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:04 PM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
My wife is my smoking buddy more often than not. We usually burn one five nights a week after the kids go to bed. Building my smoking lounge has made it easier on her as it's temp controlled. She never liked smoking in the summer heat.
Ah yes, I believe you two were smoking at the Cigarfest preherf!
Indoors would be soo nice these last couple months.
They are actually opening a new lounge about 30 mins from my house. It is a new CI store!
[Reply]
Sumatra Samurai 01:40 PM 08-07-2012
My wife is cool with it, I just have to brush my teeth before a kiss. Still can't get her to try one though...
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 01:49 PM 08-07-2012
I was already way deep into cigars when we met. If she hadn't been OK with it, it wouldn't have worked out. Now she has one with me every now and then.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:17 PM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by Buckeye Jack:
I was already way deep into cigars when we met. If she hadn't been OK with it, it wouldn't have worked out. Now she has one with me every now and then.
I have pics of her smoking to prove it :-)
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 04:56 PM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I have pics of her smoking to prove it :-)
Lol, ironically you have pics of her smoking but absolutely NONE of me......gonna plan the same herf again so I can redeem myself this year!
[Reply]
Big Maduro 11:08 PM 08-07-2012
Mine hates it. She only tolerates it because I quit cigarettes and drinking.
[Reply]
gnbikes 11:26 PM 08-07-2012
Sigh, I really have it good. My lady bought me another box of cigars tonight. I feel special...
Garry-
[Reply]
Big Maduro 10:28 AM 08-08-2012
Lol, enjoy brother. I have to skim a few bucks here and there to get a 5er or ten pack on auction.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:59 AM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Buckeye Jack:
Lol, ironically you have pics of her smoking but absolutely NONE of me......gonna plan the same herf again so I can redeem myself this year!
Well I had a great time anyway, would love to do a repeat and smoke some with ya Jack.

Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Lol, enjoy brother. I have to skim a few bucks here and there to get a 5er or ten pack on auction.
+1
[Reply]
Devanmc 03:02 PM 08-08-2012
If I had one of these significant other people, Im sure she would love it or she would stop being so significant.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 03:53 PM 08-08-2012
Mine complained once. Then pow rite on the kisser!

When I came too I made the decision of smoking out in the backyard or garage but not in the house.
[Reply]
Brandon 07:10 PM 08-08-2012
My wife knows how much of a part it plays in my life. I didn't hide it when we were dating. If she had a serious problem with it when we were dating, we would have never gotten married.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up