[Reply]
0002S 08:22 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by acruce:
i hope the turnovers don't kill the vikings
dead!
[Reply]
JE3146 08:23 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Congrats Saints fans. Went to OT tied with a phantom TD. Got in FG range on a BS interference call, and a 12-yard incomplete pass.
Who dey? Who dey? Who dey paid some referees?
Posted via Mobile Device
No ****..

:-)

Was gonna say good game to the Saints until that crap piled on in the final seconds.

TD I'd consider legit, but the 4th down stand, the PI call, and the bogus incomplete pass. Give me a break :-)

ETA::

On a side note. This reminds me of Favre's last GB game going out against the Giants with an interception. Sad deal. He gave 110% out there today, but I really wished he had tucked and run with it in the final seconds of regulation instead of passing it. Just coulda ran with it Elway style, brought it in range, and taken the field goal for the win.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:23 PM 01-24-2010
Great Game, Vikings Fans. Saints Needed A Lot Of Luck & Turnovers To Win This One. Super Bowl Is Going To Be Tough! At Least The Saints Finally Got To The Super Bowl After All These Years!:-)
[Reply]
MNSmoker 09:04 PM 01-24-2010
First off, congrats to the Saints fans and good luck in the Super Bowl.

What an absolutely devastating loss by the Vikes tonight. We dominated that game, but turnovers absolutely killed us. It's too bad to see this team go down like that after playing so well this season. There was a ton of terrible calls by the refs on both sides of the ball. Favre showed everybody how tough he was, but unfortunately he also showed us that he's still the same ol' gunslinger. We had a ton of chances to win this game, but we just couldn't put it away. Man, it sucks being a Minnesota sports fan...
[Reply]
macpappy 09:13 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by MNSmoker:
First off, congrats to the Saints fans and good luck in the Super Bowl.

What an absolutely devastating loss by the Vikes tonight. We dominated that game, but turnovers absolutely killed us. It's too bad to see this team go down like that after playing so well this season. There was a ton of terrible calls by the refs on both sides of the ball. Favre showed everybody how tough he was, but unfortunately he also showed us that he's still the same ol' gunslinger. We had a ton of chances to win this game, but we just couldn't put it away. Man, it sucks being a Minnesota sports fan...
Thank you.
Yes. There were a ton of bad calls for BOTH teams. But that wasn't a phantom touchdown when Reggie took the ball inside the pylon. The one with Pierre Thomas. He was down. The refs blew the call. Just like they blew the two personal fouls that enabled the Vikings to score a touchdown.

That being said. You don't win football games when you put the ball on the ground.....

Ball on the ground,
Ball on the ground,
Vikings done lost,
with the Ball on the ground!!!
Interceptions by the Saints,
Fumbles by Vikes,
lookn' like a loser
with the ball on the ground!
[Reply]
Kreth 09:15 PM 01-24-2010
The worst part is losing a game in OT that you won at the end of regulation. Let's face it, the Saints got shut down all night on short yardage. If that 3rd "TD" had been properly spotted....
BTW, I just read that Altadis is suing the Saints. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
macpappy 09:18 PM 01-24-2010
The Vikings were the number 2 team in the NFC all year and they finished the season as the number 2 team.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:27 PM 01-24-2010
The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JE3146 09:27 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
The Vikings were the number 2 team in the NFC all year and they finished the season as the number 2 team.
Hard to prove you're number 1 when you can't even beat yourself. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:35 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think I'm a sore winner. Bad calls by the refs are a fact of life in the NFL. They happen every game.

Look at the only stats that matter - the win/loss column - the Vikings lost more games in the regular season than the Saints. That made them the #2 team in the NFC and made the #2 seed.

You can't honestly claim to be the "best" team with the record says otherwise.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 09:37 PM 01-24-2010
Keep in mind that your team was statistically dominated this game and were clearly the number 2 team on the field today. If it wasn't for all the turnovers, you wouldn't be packing your bags for Miami.

Also, your Saints will be the number 2 team on the field in two weeks when you go up against Indy. Enjoy the win now, because Manning is going to have a field day against your secondary.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:32 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by MNSmoker:
Keep in mind that your team was statistically dominated this game and were clearly the number 2 team on the field today. If it wasn't for all the turnovers, you wouldn't be packing your bags for Miami.

Also, your Saints will be the number 2 team on the field in two weeks when you go up against Indy. Enjoy the win now, because Manning is going to have a field day against your secondary.
Yes. The Vikings won the yardage battle. The Vikings lost the turn over battle and they lost the points battle and that is what matters when it comes to advancing to the Super Bowl.

So the Vikings dominated the Saints. They can put their "morale victory" in their trophy case.

I want to say this also... Brett Favre is a warrior. He probably should be given an award for being the toughest man in football. He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer and he deserves it. There is a reason why he has so many fans in this part of Louisiana and it's because he is who he is.

Peyton Manning is another "New Orleans" hero but I don't think he is as physically tough as Brett Favre. If the Saints can hit Manning like they hit Favre last night I don't think the Colts will do so well.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:08 AM 01-25-2010
If I weren't at the hospital as my 5yr old is getting his tonsils out (scheduled procedure), I'd likely be nursing a huge hangover from the desperation and (as I've said already) the snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory. The Vikes gave NO a late Christmas present. Dominating them all game long and then not being able to hang onto the f'in ball. They kept their high powered offense in check, for the most part. 2 turnovers in the red zone,and a horrendous decision at the end of regulation. It looked to me that Berrian was open on the sideline right in front of Favre. But he pulled what I expected him to do a LOT more this year. Bad throw into triple coverage.

I'd rather not have been this close this year, and rather that he didn't sign here. Why? Simple. There will be nothing to build on for next year. After the beating he took and his comments before the game, I don't think he'll come back. There is no "I can do this better next year and we can maybe make it here" from a young QB. I think they are 2 years from getting back to be in this position. There will be a step back next year after he's gone, and then the aging effect (especially on the defense).

Being a lifelong Vikings fan, I should be used to this heartbreak. Playing well and being in the position where they should have won the game. It stings every time. I was at the '98 game, but this feels worse. They dominated the opponent and were in position to win, but gave it away due to their own blunders. NO took advantage of them yesterday.

I'm rambling at this point, so I think I'll cut myself off here and continue to wait for my son to get out of surgery and wallow in the misery that is being a Vikings fan.

Go Colts!
[Reply]
JE3146 01:25 PM 01-25-2010
I want to say this also... Brett Favre is a warrior. He probably should be given an award for being the toughest man in football. He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer and he deserves it. There is a reason why he has so many fans in this part of Louisiana and it's because he is who he is.

Peyton Manning is another "New Orleans" hero but I don't think he is as physically tough as Brett Favre. If the Saints can hit Manning like they hit Favre last night I don't think the Colts will do so well.
I realize I'm young by all standards, but never in my life have I seen a quarterback carried off the field by 2 teammates, limping, to be wrapped up and on the next drive be able to plant his feet and throw and maneuver through the pocket like he did. 5 minutes later in the quarter, if you had missed seeing those hits, you may not have even known he got pummeled like he did. Unbelievable.

Reading the stories of how bad he looked in the locker room after the game.... just a testament to either how tough he his, or how dumb he his for staying out there :-) ....

And Yes Mike :-)

Go Colts!

I wanted the Vikings to win so badly, but honestly I don't know what I would have done if both of my favorite teams made it to the Superbowl (Vikings & Colts).
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:40 PM 01-25-2010
"When them Saints... Go Marching In... Oh when the Saints go marching in.... Oh I'd like to be in that Number!.... Oh When the SAINTS go.. MARCHING.. IN!!!!

=]
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:40 PM 01-25-2010
none the less it was a DAMn good game and probably more eventful then the bowl would have been either way
[Reply]
JE3146 05:09 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
none the less it was a DAMn good game and probably more eventful then the bowl would have been either way
I told my wife that. I pretty much said.. this is the Super Bowl in my opinion.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:27 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I told my wife that. I pretty much said.. this is the Super Bowl in my opinion.
Pretty much!
Honestly I had no problem with the Vikings winning, ONLY if they went all the way, If they didnt take the super bowl I would have been a tad angry lol.

My quick opinion, Vikings have atleast been there multiple times...

Saints have NEVER been there so it would be a pleasure seeing them take everything, But with that being said Damn, Bret is a great guy and Funny as hell! Probably the most genuine NFL player to ever step foot on the field, so even before the game, If atleast the Vikings or Saints won the super bowl I would be very happy, but Damn.. I am scared of them colts, But I DO have faith!!!
( Join Me!)
Next year will be the time for the vikings I promise you
[Reply]
BlackDog 06:00 PM 01-25-2010
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up