Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
All Cigar Discussion>Nica Libre
shilala 07:46 AM 04-02-2010
I noticed how Padronesque this cigar looked the very first time I saw it. I have to admit that just looking, it definately gave me an impression that it must be excellent. Then realizing it was a knock-off, I've avoided it.
After reading through this thread, I'm going to have to try some if I can lay my hands on them. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:55 AM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I noticed how Padronesque this cigar looked the very first time I saw it. I have to admit that just looking, it definately gave me an impression that it must be excellent. Then realizing it was a knock-off, I've avoided it.
After reading through this thread, I'm going to have to try some if I can lay my hands on them. :-)
Just saw and posted on you Monarca thread.
Just understand you should not expect that same result.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:10 AM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just saw and posted on you Monarca thread.
Just understand you should not expect that same result.:-)
That's why I stayed away initially, Carlos. Figured it looked good, tasted like poop. It brought to mind the Padron Alts I once tried. They were pointless, tasted like nothing. The older they got, the more nothing they got. The crappy dyed wrappers stayed really dark brown while the filler and binder turned hay yellow. Definately comical to look at. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:01 AM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's why I stayed away initially, Carlos. Figured it looked good, tasted like poop. It brought to mind the Padron Alts I once tried. They were pointless, tasted like nothing. The older they got, the more nothing they got. The crappy dyed wrappers stayed really dark brown while the filler and binder turned hay yellow. Definately comical to look at. :-)
I have to admit that while I crapped on this brand initially when I did the Exclusivo, the other two have been enjoyable smokes, on their own merit, as long as you don't compare them to Padrons, which I would call the NC Holy Grail.
The Principe and the Torpedo were good smokes. Quickies, but good.

The less to be desired poor construction with the voids on three out of five is my pet peeve.
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:32 AM 04-02-2010
I have to admit that while I crapped on this brand initially when I did the Exclusivo, the other two have been enjoyable smokes, on their own merit, as long as you don't compare them to Padrons, which I would call the NC Holy Grail.
The Principe and the Torpedo were good smokes. Quickies, but good.

The less to be desired poor construction with the voids on three out of five is my pet peeve.
I agree with what Blue says, although I really like the flavor alot.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:36 AM 04-02-2010
Am I alone here?
I can't help but each and ever time I see this thread or pronounce Nica Libre to think of this:
Clicky
[Reply]
Blueface 01:17 PM 04-02-2010
Smoked the Imperial.
Got a lot longer out of this one.
Lasted me 50 minutes.
Very similar experience to that of the Torpedo.
Enjoyed the taste up until about 3/4 of the way into it when it became a bit bitter and hot. That after taste kicked in strong at that point but had been MIA until then.

Overall, good smoke. The void did not impact the burn.
Would gladly do it again.

So far, out of four I have smoked:
Exclusivo :-)
Principe :-)
Torpedo :-):-)
Imperial :-)

Tomorrow on to the big boy and the last of the five sampler.
[Reply]
OHRD 09:10 AM 04-05-2010
Finally posted my review, here.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:27 AM 04-05-2010
Glad I am not nuts
Keep telling that to yourself Carlos :-)
[Reply]
sodomanaz 09:34 AM 04-05-2010
Man, I must smoke slow or something. I get 90 minutes + out of everything out of my flight sampler (except that tiny bastard).

Never tried a Padron, but these tastes damn good :-).
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 09:55 AM 04-05-2010
Never had a Padron? Never ever? Now that's nuts.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:43 AM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Never had a Padron? Never ever? Now that's nuts.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
Volt 06:33 AM 04-06-2010
Well Im liking the NL and scored IMO a great deal. I hit a box of Diplimaticos for $37 at the Devil site. Woot! $1.85 a stick.
[Reply]
OHRD 06:34 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Well Im liking the NL and scored IMO a great deal. I hit a box of Diplimaticos for $37 at the Devil site. Woot! $1.85 a stick.
Well done Volt! I'm looking for a box of Principe's on CBid but haven't been lucky yet...
[Reply]
Volt 06:40 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Well done Volt! I'm looking for a box of Principe's on CBid but haven't been lucky yet...
Cbid seems to be carrying the longer sized sticks. I haven't seen any boxes of the smaller sizes and only 1 in a fiver.
[Reply]
rgrecco 12:00 PM 04-06-2010
I had a few Nica Libre Exclusivo (5.5" x 50) sitting in my Humidor for about a month or 2... I decided to give one of them a whirl last night...

WOW... It was really pleasent... I am not going to try to explain it because I am still new to the cigar world... But so far its my favorite out of the ones that I have tried...

I don't have anything too spectacular but I am sure I will find some more like this one...

RON
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:51 PM 04-06-2010
So I had my first Nica Libre this weekend and I didn't really enjoy it. :-) I really wanted to, and I think it might be more my fault then the cigar itself. This thing had more spice than I was expecting and that is the one flavor profile I really don't enjoy.

Too bad, because after reading this thread I wanted to love them!

There are plenty other fish in the sea!
[Reply]
pitbulljimmy 02:35 PM 04-06-2010
Really? Everyone thinks so highly of these? Momma always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.... so with regards to the 5 Nica Libra Torpedoes I've smoked in the last year, well... That's all I gotta say about that.
[Reply]
htown 05:56 AM 04-10-2010
Finally got my box of El Principes from the Devil Site. If I can find another box for $28 I'll jump all over it too.
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:39 AM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by htown:
Finally got my box of El Principes from the Devil Site. If I can find another box for $28 I'll jump all over it too.
Lucky dog! On a different note I tried another size of the NC and it had some simularities but was NOT nearly as good. I'm gonna try the other principe I got in the sampler and see how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up