Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Entertainment>Dexter Season 5 - DISCUSSION THREAD
Darrell 03:48 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Agreed, to me it's gotta happen. Deb shot that dude and didn't care much at all, I think she might embrace what Dexter does. That would make for a very interesting sixth season.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Remember when she asked Dexter if he knew what kind of person would kill the guys who hurt those girls? and she said that she would do that.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:17 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:

Remember when she asked Dexter if he knew what kind of person would kill the guys who hurt those girls? and she said that she would do that.
Yeah I think sooner or later it only makes sense they team up. Even if she just feeds him targets. Or asks "favors" of making people disappear.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:07 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:

Originally Posted by Bill86:
Yeah I think sooner or later it only makes sense they team up. Even if she just feeds him targets. Or asks "favors" of making people disappear.
Somebody spilled the beans in last year's discussion thread and said that Deb and Dex team up and she helps him with his kills in the novels. But I hear the novels are a lot different than the tv series.
[Reply]
hscmit 06:13 PM 11-29-2010
the tv show split from the books before the end of the first season

the first half of the first season follows very close to the plot of the book but by the end is slightly different. From that point the stories go in completely different directions
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 09:23 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
That is the perfect reason for her to find out at the end of the last episode this year. That way next year can start right from that and it won't start slow like this season did.
Didn't even realize this thread existed until now :-)

Couldn't agree more! I still remember the HOLY CHIT factor at the end of Season 4 and I think at this point that would be the best way to end this season. Although I never saw that coming at the end of Season 4, so maybe the writers have something else in store for us.

I'd be bummed if this show wasn't picked up for another season. I get Showtime every year just for Dexter. Probably my favorite show of all time.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:01 PM 12-05-2010
There we go Libby is dead and Chase has Lumen. This is going to be a fantastic finale next week!

Quinn looks like he is going to stay off the table this season after all. Kind of disappointed. Or maybe he'll find the blood on his shoe and figure dexter out.

Very awesome season.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 11:06 PM 12-05-2010
It's a great season. Did you notice in the preview for the Finale they showed Deb pointing a gun at Dexter and said "don't friggin move"?
I'm thinking that they made it into a cut screen and that she's not actually pointing the gun at him, but I could be wrong. But seriously, they just signed for a new season so....
[Reply]
Bill86 11:09 PM 12-05-2010
I don't watch previews, pretty much for that reason. That it could actually be something different than what you see. But this season is fantastic, for me Dexter always delivers.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:22 AM 12-06-2010
great setup for the final episode
[Reply]
tx_tuff 08:48 AM 12-06-2010
Well I was wrong, I figured Quinn would end up killing Libby. What do they say, close but no cigar LOL. Quinn is going to know for sure that Dexter killed Libby since of course he was the one he was watching, but the Quinn Dexter saga will not end this season. I watched in the slow mo the preview with Deb pointing the gun at Dexter, the back grounds look similar and so does the shirt Dexter is wearing and the shirt of the arm/had dropping the knife. But come on that doesn't mean anything. Either way looks like it will be a good last show.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:18 PM 12-06-2010
It's not over for Quinn yet.
I hate episodes where Dexter is sloppy, but this one was necessary to set up the finale. Maybe it will get pinned on Quinn?
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:06 AM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
It's not over for Quinn yet.
I hate episodes where Dexter is sloppy, but this one was necessary to set up the finale. Maybe it will get pinned on Quinn?
I could see that. Quinn kind of reminds me of Doakes or whatever his name was that Dexter pins the bay harbor butcher on. Only difference is Quinn was smart enough to back off
[Reply]
Starscream 10:51 AM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
I could see that. Quinn kind of reminds me of Doakes or whatever his name was that Dexter pins the bay harbor butcher on. Only difference is Quinn was smart enough to back off
I never liked Quinn until this season. If he gets offed or accused of the murder, I'll be a bit saddened.
[Reply]
JDTexan 12:37 PM 12-07-2010
Great episode, can't wait for the finale.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:56 PM 12-07-2010
Quinn did have blood on his shoe and they showed it being swabbed in the preview, but Quinn knows to much just to take the fall unless he "disappears". Either way can't wait till Sunday.

On a side note started listening to the first Dexter book last night.
[Reply]
rebelknight 05:15 PM 12-07-2010
How are the books? I don't have a lot of time to free read being a student but I still read about 10-15 books every year and I've been interested in starting to read the Dexter novels
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 07:17 PM 12-07-2010
Can't wait for Sunday!
[Reply]
Bill86 08:14 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
Can't wait for Sunday!
I hear ya Bill, I'm going to call it now best finale of the year.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:25 PM 12-07-2010
How are the books? I don't have a lot of time to free read being a student but I still read about 10-15 books every year and I've been interested in starting to read the Dexter novels
I liked the first two and the new (5th) one. The third and fourth were not as good, in my opinion.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:12 PM 12-09-2010
Just started listening to the first, only to chapter 6. It is different but a lot of same charters. So far so good.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up