Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 456 78 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Black Band Project
Sr Mike 06:44 AM 09-16-2009
Anyone else get this e-mail? They spammed me rather than answer my questions

Originally Posted by :
Camacho Cigars Chosen For Official Emmy Awards Celebrity Lounge

Los Angeles, Calif., September 15, 2009 - Camacho Cigars has been chosen as the official cigar for the HBO Luxury Lounge®, in honor of The 61st Primetime Emmy Awards. The HBO Luxury Lounge®, produced by Mediaplacement Entertainment Incorporated, in conjunction with HBO, will be held at the Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills from Friday, September 18 through Sunday, September 20.

Camacho Cigars will be presenting their ultra-premium Camacho 10th Anniversary Robusto cigars to talent and executives from top HBO shows during the three-day celebrity gifting event.

CLICK HERE to read the full release
info@camachocigars.com • Camacho Cigars

T.G 07:52 AM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
Anyone else get this e-mail? They spammed me rather than answer my questions
yes.
Fumes 10:05 PM 09-17-2009
The skits were content free but well produced. So far no cigars though. I'm not about to bother them for free cigars, but it doesn't reflect well on their marketing not to follow through. It hasn't inspired me to buy any Camachos lately. :-)
Oxman 06:32 PM 09-18-2009
I'm totally bummed by the Camacho Slack Band Project™ myself. It turns out that I really like the Camacho Connecticut and the Triple Maduro. I've had them in the 11/18 vitola and consider them awesome smokes. I'm conflicted, because the consumer rebel in me screams out to never again buy anything made by Camacho. On the other hand, I've personally seen how a marketing department can totally SCREW a manufacturing/production department.

So, I won't be boycotting, but I'll take every possible opportunity to spread the word about how they screwed the pooch on this one.
punch54 10:01 PM 09-18-2009
not yet
Tenor CS 03:02 AM 09-19-2009
Originally Posted by Oxman:
I'm totally bummed by the Camacho Slack Band Project™ myself.
I also don't appreciate getting spammed with emails from Camacho telling me about their constant whoring out of their product, and how they're the official cigar of the emmy party or any of that nonsense. I don't care.
itsme_timd 10:36 AM 09-19-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
I also don't appreciate getting spammed with emails from Camacho telling me about their constant whoring out of their product, and how they're the official cigar of the emmy party or any of that nonsense. I don't care.
Just a note guys... The emails aren't spam cause we signed up for them when we signed up for "The Project".... but at the bottom of every email should be an option to unsubscribe. :-)
Sr Mike 09:13 PM 09-19-2009
Originally Posted by itsme_timd:
Just a note guys... The emails aren't spam cause we signed up for them when we signed up for "The Project".... but at the bottom of every email should be an option to unsubscribe. :-)
You're right.
Garbandz 10:26 AM 09-22-2009
Here is your chance to get your cigars from the Black Band Project. I just had a lengthy conversation with Dylan at Camacho. It may interest you to learn that they had 13,000 responses and have sent out 12,700 packets of cigars,a healthy percentage. There are a few folks who perhaps did not receive their smokes,and those of you who actually did participate can email Dylan@Camachocigars.com to help them get your cigars to you. Dylan explained that the mailing process was stringent,and that some addresses were kicked out for errors,so you have another chance for fulfillment if you simply email him. He has the list and can check your address,and he will see to it that you get your smokes.
When you do get your package,you should post a note that you have gotten it,Camacho deserves that much.
Concerning the emails we are getting,if you no longer wish to be kept in the information loop,you can opt out,and you will not get the updates any more. I enjoy the chance to learn what's going on in the industry,so I will stay on the list.
I want to thank Dylan and Camacho for their efforts and the excellent cigars they sent me.I respect the effort and the company for it.....Garbandz
T.G 10:55 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
Here is your chance to get your cigars from the Black Band Project. I just had a lengthy conversation with Dylan at Camacho. It may interest you to learn that they had 13,000 responses and have sent out 12,700 packets of cigars,a healthy percentage. There are a few folks who perhaps did not receive their smokes,and those of you who actually did participate can email Dylan@Camachocigars.com to help them get your cigars to you. Dylan explained that the mailing process was stringent,and that some addresses were kicked out for errors,so you have another chance for fulfillment if you simply email him. He has the list and can check your address,and he will see to it that you get your smokes.
That's bullsh!t.

Whenever I enter an address for something like this I use the exact results as provided by the USPS website, which, last time I checked, is the only legal addressing system for this country.

Plus, only 300 addresses didn't go though? Yeah, right. And if it really was only 300 people, that would take a human about one, maybe two days to correct those addresses, but they didn't bother.

If only they had some way of contacting those people, like say, via email maybe...

Way to go Camacho marketing department. First you screw up, then you don't give a crap, now you lie to cover it up.
ade06 10:56 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
That's bullsh!t.

Whenever I enter an address for something like this I use the exact results as provided by the USPS website, which, last time I checked, is the only legal addressing system used in this country.

Plus, only 300 addresses didn't go though? Yeah, right.

If only they had some way of contacting those people, like say, via email maybe...
I guess I was one of the 300. Sparta... :-)
T.G 11:05 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I guess I was one of the 300. Sparta... :-)
This... is... CIGARTA!
St. Lou Stu 11:17 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
When you do get your package,you should post a note that you have gotten it,Camacho deserves that much.
Not to ruffle feathers, but the bold above is TOTAL BS.

They have our email addresses... WE are the ones who at least deserve a simple email stating something to the regards of invalid address (which mine is not, I can guarantee) or whatever excuse they wish to offer.

Out of all of the forums out there, public and private, communication is key and the lack of it is the downfall of many. :-)
At least they could communicate.

[/rant]
Wraiith 08:26 PM 09-22-2009
I received mine about 2-3 months ago, but it was before I really got into cigars, so I gave them to Slavac. I don't know how many he has smoked, but I know he has at least had one and he said that it was very average and not exciting. This could also be due to the fact that they may have gotten a bit dried out in the cardboard/paper box transit....

I'll be interested to see what he thinks of the others whenever he gets around to smoking them (it may be a LONG time considering he has bought and been given MANY very nice cigars that have more appeal!!!)

If you're interested about them, let me know, but I don't expect much...
ade06 08:33 PM 09-22-2009
Since I never recieved the smokes from the black band project, I followed up with the marketing folks at Camacho today. They promptly responded to my e-mail acknowledging mistakes on their part and promised to send "Room101" cigars as a token of their appreciation. I'll update upon reciept...
itsme_timd 08:35 PM 09-22-2009
Since I never recieved the smokes from the black band project, I followed up with the marketing folks at Camacho today. They promptly responded to my e-mail acknowledging mistakes on their part and promised to send "Room101" cigars as a token of their appreciation. I'll update upon reciept...
Hmmm, maybe I'll claim I didn't get mine and see if I can score some of the Room 101 cigars. :-)
St. Lou Stu 09:09 PM 09-22-2009
Ditto.
I guess my soft side gave them another chance, but communication sure woulda been nice.
I mean, if they know of the problems, they should know who was screwed.
poriggity 09:20 PM 09-22-2009
Personally, I don't really care that I didn't get my free cigars. I'm not concerned about it, and the camacho connecticut is still a good cigar. That being said, this doesn't bode well for Camacho to not make good on the smokes, regardless of their "shipping address issues"
Scott
T.G 09:24 PM 09-22-2009
I've got a question for those who did recieve the cigars - how were they shipped? USPS or private carrier (UPS/FedEX/etc)?
Wraiith 08:56 AM 09-23-2009
Mine were sent in a paper box inside a flimsy cardboard box via USPS. Nothing fancy and just put into my mailbox.
Page 6 of 10
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up