Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 352
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
floydpink 07:12 PM 12-30-2008
I picked up a Kel Tec 9mm today and will try to get pics up later.

I bought it as my carry weapon as it is ultra light compared to my Taurus 357mag which is about 1.5 pounds and not fun in the hot weather.

My only complaint is that the slide seems a little hard to work, unless I am getting whimpy.

It's basically the image below,

It was recommended as the best carry weapon.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/medi...ard_chrome.jpg
funnymantrip 08:04 PM 12-30-2008
[quote=floydpink;142136]I picked up a Kel Tec 9mm today and will try to get pics up later.

I bought it as my carry weapon as it is ultra light compared to my Taurus 357mag which is about 1.5 pounds and not fun in the hot weather.

My only complaint is that the slide seems a little hard to work, unless I am getting whimpy.

Your not getting wimpy that seems normal for every kel tec I have ever touched. Can't wait to hear your range report. Enjoy
elderboy02 08:12 PM 12-30-2008
That Kel-Tec P11 is nice. I used to carry it before I switched to a S&W 442 revolver. I just sold the P11 to my brother the other day. Be sure to take it to the range and break it in. :-)
floydpink 08:27 PM 12-30-2008
Are you saying it gets easier to slide after it breaks in?

I'm almost tempted to chamber one as I'm not sure if I'd have the strength to handle it in the middle of the night if necessary.

I traded in my 357 and they let me fire off all my last rounds before trading it in.

Compared to that beast, the Kel Tec was as smooth as silk. The 357 actually tore my skin between my thumb and index finger from the recoil. Forgot my fingerless gloves.

Weirdest experience at the range. A British couple was firing next lane and the guy decided to shoot my target I guess. He shot cross lane and hit the clip on my cable holding the target and knocket it off. They left after that thank God.

Do you guys chamber one while carrying? I never did with my revolver.
Ace$nyper 08:38 PM 12-30-2008
If a gun is blued can you not just re blue it and do something else?
floydpink 08:41 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
If a gun is blued can you not just re blue it and do something else?
sorry, you lost me. I'm not concerned with the rust.
Ace$nyper 08:43 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by floydpink:
sorry, you lost me. I'm not concerned with the rust.
Sorry, I was hi-jacking lol.

But on your post: I always have one in the chamber, but I have a de-cocker.

I'm wondering about doing something other then bluing to my back up gun it's got a little rust started. I rather do something nicer if I could.
j-easy 08:49 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
Sorry, I was hi-jacking lol.

But on your post: I always have one in the chamber, but I have a de-cocker.

I'm wondering about doing something other then bluing to my back up gun it's got a little rust started. I rather do something nicer if I could.
theres a million different paint type products that i have seen people use. ill see if i can find some more info
j-easy 09:07 PM 12-30-2008
ok its been a little while since ive looked into this so bear with me,
if you want to use paint there is alumahyde and krylon paint i have seen people do some crazy camo paintjobs on ARs with this stuff

i like the look of parkerizing personally, and its more durable than any kind of paint
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerize
you can buy little kits of the chemicals and do it yourself, i have no idea how difficult it is or how much it costs

hopefully that can get your started
Ace$nyper 09:08 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by j-easy:
ok its been a little while since ive looked into this so bear with me,
if you want to use paint there is alumahyde and krylon paint i have seen people do some crazy camo paintjobs on ARs with this stuff

i like the look of parkerizing personally, and its more durable than any kind of paint
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerize
you can buy little kits of the chemicals and do it yourself, i have no idea how difficult it is or how much it costs

hopefully that can get your started
Thanks much!!!
j-easy 09:12 PM 12-30-2008
Beretta M9 and Walther P22
Ruger 10/22 w/ cheap 50 dollar scope
Romanian WASR 10/63
From top to bottom, all WWII vintage
German K98 Mauser
Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30
Japanese Ariska Rifle (Missing Parts:-))

if anyone has any questions/comments let me know, i love talking about guns :-)
elderboy02 09:52 PM 12-30-2008
Do you guys chamber one while carrying?
Yes. Always have one chambered when carrying. Waiting for SHTF and then chambering a round is like putting on a seatbelt after the Peterbilt has already crossed the yellow line. There is so much adrenaline flowing through you when SHTF that your motor skills degrade. PLEASE, be sure to chamber a round. Also, there is a possibility that you might not be able to use both arms in a bad situation. If you have a good holster, you don't have to worry about an accidental discharge. Remember, keep the gun always pointed in a safe direction :-)

I never did with my revolver.
I don't understand this. Do you mean that there were no rounds in the revolver at all?
floydpink 07:46 AM 12-31-2008
Good analogy about the seatbelt and being ready Elderboy.

I guess I meant that, with a revolver, it seems a little harder to shoot than with the light trigger of the Kel Tec.

I wear an in the pants holster due to the fact that I am normally in shorts, so a misfire will make me a miss.
elderboy02 07:50 AM 12-31-2008
Good analogy about the seatbelt and being ready Elderboy.

I guess I meant that, with a revolver, it seems a little harder to shoot than with the light trigger of the Kel Tec.

I wear an in the pants holster due to the fact that I am normally in shorts, so a misfire will make me a miss.
No problem sir! :-) I wish I could wear shorts right now. I hate winter.
weak_link 08:53 AM 12-31-2008
Merry Christmas to me. :-) Safe is filling up nicely.

Sig Hamerlli Trailside .22

68TriShield 09:57 AM 12-31-2008
Plenty more where these came from...
elderboy02 11:32 AM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Plenty more where these came from...
Nice pics Mr. TriShield!
GhostRyder 11:38 AM 12-31-2008

Merry Christmas to me.

Don't mind the Rogue or the CAO Americas. This is my first handgun. G19.
elderboy02 11:40 AM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:

Merry Christmas to me.

Don't mind the Rogue or the CAO Americas. This is my first handgun. G19.
Nice! Are you going to be CCW'ing it? If so, get a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips :-)
ahc4353 11:46 AM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Here's some of the handguns:

Every time I see this pic it moves. A lot. :-)
Page 6 of 352
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Up