Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Sports>Official College Football Thread
cle_smoker 08:23 PM 08-12-2009
Well I gotta throw in a "Hotty Toddy" for my Rebs. I just hope they are more substance than hype. They don't deal well with high expectations. But we shall see.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:59 PM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by cle_smoker:
Well I gotta throw in a "Hotty Toddy" for my Rebs. I just hope they are more substance than hype. They don't deal well with high expectations. But we shall see.
I wish Snead the best, good luck to you guys
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:39 PM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
Actually I was just commenting on the general hypocrasy of those who damn the t-shirt fan.

I imagine a good portion of us on here who cheer for/ bleed the colors of our team did not attend the given university
:-)

I bleed burnt orange, but didn't get a chance to attend UT (out-of-state tuition would have bitten me in the ass more than the damn in-state did :-)). However, I have visited Austin a ton and love driving to the UT campus just to take a look around. One day I will have to go to a football game in that sweet stadium.:-)

Until then, I am workin on getting horns tickets when they play the University of Wyoming. The horns are gonna steam roll the cowboys by 40+ points... and I wanna be there to say I told you so to some of the people I work with. :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 10:07 PM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
Go Irish!!!:-)
Can't wait for 9/26!

ND v. Purdue is always an interesting game for my family, as we have alum from both schools in the family. And to top if off this year it's going to be a night game!
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 11:18 AM 08-13-2009
I'm seeing the Irish in Pittsburgh 11/14, my birthday!

P.S.- I hope Purdue does well without Joe Tiller, I don't know much about the new coach they hired.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:01 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
Actually I was just commenting on the general hypocrasy of those who damn the t-shirt fan.

I imagine a good portion of us on here who cheer for/ bleed the colors of our team did not attend the given university
No doubt, but that ain't me. I am not a Tar Heel fan. I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred, and when I die I'm a Tar Heel dead.

Hey, that has a nice ring to it - somebody oughta make a song outta that. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:21 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
No doubt, but that ain't me. I am not a Tar Heel fan. I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred, and when I die I'm a Tar Heel dead.

Hey, that has a nice ring to it - somebody oughta make a song outta that. :-)
That would be a sweet fight song :-):-)
[Reply]
Mark C 06:49 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
Season Tickets yet again for UVA. 14 years running. maybe they will make it worth the money this season. :-)
Doubtful. Shoulda bought cigars instead :-)
[Reply]
Made in Dade 09:38 AM 08-14-2009
About time I threw my colors up.

The Canes will surprise many people this year.
Attached: respect.jpg (44.8 KB) 
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:03 PM 08-17-2009
How did this thread fall so low? Boomer Sooner!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 02:52 AM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by Made in Dade:
About time I threw my colors up.

The Canes will surprise many people this year.
Mike, you know I agree with you on this one, but for the sake of arguement allow me to elaborate... This is what you put on your field:

These girls aren't even cheerleaders, and they are way hotter:

Thus:
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:25 AM 08-18-2009
:-) :-) I dont care who you are that is funny right there!
[Reply]
Made in Dade 08:15 AM 08-18-2009
Doug as far as the girls are concerned. There is no comparison Miami vs. trailorhassee. A no brainer. As far as my Canes
Attached: si2.jpg (26.9 KB) 
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:02 PM 08-18-2009
Doug as far as the girls are concerned. There is no comparison Miami vs. trailorhassee. A no brainer. As far as my Canes
I guess they did follow the advice of that SI issues...I haven't hear **** about their football program in years!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 12:10 PM 08-18-2009
That's only cause you haven't been talking to mikey that's all he talks about.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Made in Dade 12:58 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I guess they did follow the advice of that SI issues...I haven't hear **** about their football program in years!
I can not disagree with you. We have fallen off the last five years because Larry Coker could not Coach and recruit. That is bout to change. We dont accept mediocrity. Every program goes thru down years. Did Oklahoma football exist in the 90's? Look at florida before Meyer got there, they were average(Miami spanked them three times btw). Miami will be back. We are the U!!!

Can't wait for our match up with you guys On Oct. 3. We got our tickets on Friday. If your coming down for the game lets have a smoke and I will show you around Miami.

As far as Boston College :-):-):-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 03:36 PM 08-18-2009
I can not disagree with you. We have fallen off the last five years because Larry Coker could not Coach and recruit. That is bout to change. We dont accept mediocrity. Every program goes thru down years. Did Oklahoma football exist in the 90's? Look at florida before Meyer got there, they were average(Miami spanked them three times btw). Miami will be back. We are the U!!!

Can't wait for our match up with you guys On Oct. 3. We got our tickets on Friday. If your coming down for the game lets have a smoke and I will show you around Miami.

As far as Boston College :-):-):-)

I would love to make it down to Miami for the game. I went to the last one in Norman and it was a great game...for us. I think this one will be a bit more competitive though. Unfortunately I will be deployed in Guam during that part of the season.

On a side note I dont think you can compare OU and Miami football. Miami has had the best of OU but the programs are incomparable. OU has been solid through since the 40s with small droughts, Miami has been solid since the 80s also with droughts.

Either way though, Miami is a good program and it should be a decent game. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 03:07 PM 08-19-2009
GO GATORS!!!

[Reply]
Made in Dade 07:14 PM 08-19-2009
Go Gators
Attached: gator_fans_2007.jpg (39.5 KB) 
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:24 PM 08-20-2009
Go Gators
in the same vein: