Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
General Discussion>Rolex Owners?..
Blueface 09:45 AM 04-01-2010
Tell you guys what, whether the OP has one or not, thread has evolved into something that frankly taught me a bit about my watch.
For that alone, was well worth it for me.

If he has it or not, won't enrich or diminish any of our lives. He is the one that will eventually be called out on it or live with that lie, if it is one. What I will add is I find interesting, only now after all this stuff is being said, that $8 beads were a stretch on finances but half of a Rolex Daytona is not. Why someone would get their kicks from a fabricated story, don't know but I am no longer that age either and can't remember much today, let alone yesterday.:-)
One thing I was taught in my business is if someone is lying, let them talk enough. In time, nothing adds up and prior discussions are confused as lies cannot be readily recalled as the truth can.

However, again, means nothing to me as much as the resulting discussions have meant and added value.
[Reply]
colinb913 09:49 AM 04-01-2010
i had been saving for this specific watch for years now. whilst my cigar fund is limited.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blueface 09:53 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
i had been saving for this specific watch for years now. whilst my cigar fund is limited.
Posted via Mobile Device
Doesn't phase me one way or another to be frank.
As I mentioned, doesn't impact the one on my wrist in any way.

However, some folks have called you out on this now and frankly, having now witnessed this response via mobile device, what they have raised is valid in terms of a photo.
Take a quick photo of your wrist and post it. I would be neat to see how it looks on your wrist.:-)

After that, man would you have made them eat their words.
Just :-) from a semi wise old man.
[Reply]
colinb913 09:55 AM 04-01-2010
I will post pictures as soon as I get home (330 central), as I dont know how to upload straight from my phone.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tripp 10:10 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Doesn't phase me one way or another to be frank.
As I mentioned, doesn't impact the one on my wrist in any way.

However, some folks have called you out on this now and frankly, having now witnessed this response via mobile device, what they have raised is valid in terms of a photo.
Take a quick photo of your wrist and post it. I would be neat to see how it looks on your wrist.:-)

After that, man would you have made them eat their words.
Just :-) from a semi wise old man.
I for one demand a picture, regardless of quality, which includes the following:

Your face
The watch
Todays newspaper
Proof of age(ie; State ID, Birth Certificate)
and Proof of purchase(Notarized, of course)

J/k.

What he said... If your lying, it's not my problem, so I don't care.

If not, make haste with the picture of that beautiful man-bracelet, so those of us that can't afford one can ogle it.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:33 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Whether he's lying or not Rolex's are sweet and I would love to own one.
No doubt. More than a Rolex though, I want a Breitling.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:37 AM 04-01-2010
Nope- mine takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

[Reply]
Darrell 10:50 AM 04-01-2010
In case you guys don't believe me that I have a $200 Seiko Black Monster. :-) :-) :-)

:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 10:56 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
In case you guys don't believe me that I have a $200 Seiko Black Monster. :-) :-) :-)

Looks Good, Brother!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:00 AM 04-01-2010
Mag 50:-)
[Reply]
fbillings14 11:11 AM 04-01-2010
I got a sea dweller for my 21 birthday, but sacrificed it for school. wish i had it back they don't even make it any more. relapsed it with some monstrosity.
[Reply]
floydpink 11:26 AM 04-01-2010
I work with a rather large fellow whose arms are bigger than my whole body.

He was a walk on DB for the Florida Gators and never made it to the NFL.

He is down on his finances and can barely make rent.

On his wrist is a two tone Rolex that I would guess would cost more than 10k in a store.

A couple guys were teasing him about his "fake Rolex" and I stayed out in fear of a punch in the face as well as the fact that I couldn't give a rat's ass if it was fake or not as mine is real.

These are the same group of guys who told me "real men don't have Shih Tzus" when I brought one for my little girl who was devestaed at Christmas when our Border Collie died.

They're also the last salesmen out on rotation because they spend so much time figuring out who is a real man and can't sell ****.

The conversation became awkward when he explained his father was a Marine who died and left it for him and he would rather sleep in the street than sell it.

You just never know, and if Colin is making up stories to be so much cooler online, he's the one that has to look at himself in the mirror every day.

If he's telling the truth, more power to him.

For the sake of drama, I'll check back later to see if he posted a pic and I probably have an extra digital camera laying around if he is down on his finances.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:31 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:

On his wrist is a two tone Rolex that I would guess would cost more than 10k in a store.

A couple guys were teasing him about his "fake Rolex" and I stayed out in fear of a punch in the face as well as the fact that I couldn't give a rat's ass if it was fake or not as mine is real.

These are the same group of guys who told me "real men don't have Shih Tzus" when I brought one for my little girl who was devestaed at Christmas when our Border Collie died.

They're also the last salesmen out on rotation because they spend so much time figuring out who is a real man and can't sell ****.

The conversation became awkward when he explained his father was a Marine who died and left it for him and he would rather sleep in the street than sell it.

You just never know, and if Colin is making up stories to be so much cooler online, he's the one that has to look at himself in the mirror every day.

For the sake of drama, I'll check back later to see if he posted a pic and I probably have an extra digital camera laying around if he is down on his finances.
Good Points, Pete!:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:56 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:

Pete,
No doubt.
As I said earlier, people do things for various reasons.
Different strokes for different folks.

I use to deliver pizza in Newark in my late teens/early 20's.
I would be in all the projects in the area dropping off pizzas on the corners as would not go into the buildings.
However, each and every time I showed up in the projects, there were freaking Caddy's everywhere. New ones no less.
These were very poor people that lived in conditions I would die if I ever experienced that.
Meantime, here I am, living in a very nice town, with nice furniture and stuff, driving a Toyota Corolla.
They chose to spend their last penny on Caddy's and live in run down projects with little or beat up furniture while I chose to spend my money on a nice home and drive a Toyota Corolla.

Different strokes, for different folks. Whatever makes you happy.
[Reply]
T.G 12:01 PM 04-01-2010
In case you guys don't believe me that I have a $200 Seiko Black Monster. :-)

How do we know that is your wrist and your watch? You could have gotten that photo off of the internets. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 12:03 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
How do we know that is your wrist and your watch? You could have gotten that photo off of the internets. :-)

You found ME out, I'm a fraud.
[Reply]
longknocker 12:06 PM 04-01-2010

You found ME out, I'm a fraud.
Got That Right, Bro; You're Not Even "Mean"!:-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 12:07 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Looks Good, Brother!
Cheap Photoshop trick.
That is not even real.:-)
[Reply]
Christoff 12:08 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by Tripp:
Same model! The bracelet was nice and stiff when I first got it, but it's pretty rickety these days.
Same here. I have had mine for a little over five years and the bracelet is pretty loose. I have thought about taking it to a jeweler to see if they can do anything about it; I imagine not though. Still love the thing.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:11 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:

Hmmm... You may be right, the watch is showing EST time while Darrell supposedly lives on the West Coast?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up