Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 58 of 104
« First < 848565758 596068 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
MedicCook 11:48 PM 05-05-2009
The Wings also looked like crap the first period.
ahc4353 07:32 AM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
You guys are pretty rough on the kid!

:-)
Hard on him? No, I have a hard-on for him.

Ever since the brat took the "C" it showed what he's made of. He should of said, thank you very much Mr. Lemieux but I can't accept it, I haven't earned it, many other men in this room deserve it.

Actually now that I think about it I fault his parents as well. If he were raised right a sentence similar to the one above would have come out of his mouth. And, if it didn't, when he called the old man to tell him he was given the C, he should have been told to go respectfully give it back.

He accepted the responsibilities when he took that C and all the money. The fans that were throwing there $20 hats on the ice deserve his respect as they are the ones that provide his millions.

He needs to sit down and have a large portion of humble pie. And someone should go punch his dad right in the kisser.

Good thing it's not Monday or I really would have told you how I feel. :-)

Al wonders off to find his blood pressure meds..........
357 08:57 AM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Pz they had 2 PPs in the 3rd. They had more then enough shots. One early whistle. Easy to blame the ref. The fact is that happens all the time in games. Sometimes its good for you sometimes its not.

The story of the game and the series is hiller. He has slammed the door.
As hard as it is for me to cheer for the ducks being a sharks fan, I am a sharks fan and thus hate the wings. I am glad the wings are now getting a solid dose of why the sharks only won 2 playoff games. If the Ducks take game 4 the wings are DONE!!!!!!!!!! It will be a replay of the Sharks Ducks.

Easy to blame a ref instead of realizing the Goalie stood on his head and the Ducks D was greater then the mighty Wings offense.
See my problem is that if the ref doesn't blow the whistle and an illegal goal goes in (like one that's covered and gets chipped in anyway) it will be reviewed and overturned. When the ref blows the whistle because he can't see the puck, only due to the fact he's 15-20ft out of position, the play is dead. Now even though the goal was legit, it is disallowed and can't be reviewed. This could easily swing the series, not only the one game.

Through 30 minutes it seemed the Duck's D was winning. However, in the last two periods the Wings outshot the Ducks 35-9, 17-6 and 18-3 respectively. Granted not all were quality scoring chances, but I think the Wings more than held their own for at least half the game. The Wings just need to put a full 60 minutes together.
Ahbroody 10:48 AM 05-06-2009
Fans like you make me laugh. The game is 60 minutes long. You are blaming the loss on the ref? Now you are possibly blaming them loosing the series on one early whistle. That is such a homer statement. Some times the whistles help sometimes they dont. They rarely determine the winner of a game or a series. You seem to have forgotten that the players are the ones who determine that. Blaming the ref is the crutch of the looser. They have been doing it for ever. Hell got to blame someone right. Easier to blame the ref then analyze the game understand what occurs in a game and realize the team had ample opportunity to win and loose the game.

The PPs were 7-6 advantage detroit, the shots on goal were 46-24 advantage det. Det got two late PPs in the third and did not convert. Detroit carried the play for much of the game. Hiller was better then them. Thats why they lost. If the Goal is allowed it is not a winning goal only a tie. They still end up in overtime. You know what happened in game 2.

The fact is the Hiller is carrying the Ducks. The shots Det is getting on Hiller the ducks are diving and scraping to get the rebounds out to the point or out of the zone. It is actually pretty nice to watch from a fan of the game perspective. He stopped 45 shots on net and pulled some saves out his arse. Was this the only early whistle in this or any other series? No. It took 60 minutes for Det to loose the game, much longer in game 2. You going to blame the refs for the overtime loss in game 2 also?

Sorry no hugs and kisses here.
ahc4353 10:52 AM 05-06-2009
This site just moved into the #2 position of my all time favorites!

Click ME
357 11:25 AM 05-06-2009
Fans like you make me laugh. The game is 60 minutes long. You are blaming the loss on the ref? Now you are possibly blaming them loosing the series on one early whistle. That is such a homer statement. Some times the whistles help sometimes they dont. They rarely determine the winner of a game or a series. You seem to have forgotten that the players are the ones who determine that. Blaming the ref is the crutch of the looser. They have been doing it for ever. Hell got to blame someone right. Easier to blame the ref then analyze the game understand what occurs in a game and realize the team had ample opportunity to win and loose the game.

The PPs were 7-6 advantage detroit, the shots on goal were 46-24 advantage det. Det got two late PPs in the third and did not convert. Detroit carried the play for much of the game. Hiller was better then them. Thats why they lost. If the Goal is allowed it is not a winning goal only a tie. They still end up in overtime. You know what happened in game 2.

The fact is the Hiller is carrying the Ducks. The shots Det is getting on Hiller the ducks are diving and scraping to get the rebounds out to the point or out of the zone. It is actually pretty nice to watch from a fan of the game perspective. He stopped 45 shots on net and pulled some saves out his arse. Was this the only early whistle in this or any other series? No. It took 60 minutes for Det to loose the game, much longer in game 2. You going to blame the refs for the overtime loss in game 2 also?

Sorry no hugs and kisses here.
So what if Hiller has it covered, Hossa chips at it, puck goes in, ref is in the same position except with a slow whistle, then the Wings go on to win in OT? You're going to tell me neither you nor the Ducks would complain? And you're telling me that it wouldn't change the series?

Come down from the hockey high horse a little. I enjoyed the game. The Wings weren't the aggressor all the way through. Had they been, they probably would have won anyway. Still that's not the point. Had the call been controversial it would have been one thing. This call could not be argued to be correct except by a blind person. There's no debate the the ref blew the call with 1:04 left and it cost them the game. "If the Wings did this or that" doesn't matter. We all know if they played the aggressor for 60 min they probably would have won. My complaint was that the ref made multiple mistakes. First, he was out of position. Second, even in bad position he blew the play dead; knowing that if he was mistaken (about where the puck was) that replay couldn't overrule his whistle. Had he let the play go, even in my reversed scenario, replay could have been used to make sure the right call was made.

Anyway, no hard feeling. Just fans talking hockey.

Mike
ahc4353 11:33 AM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
See my problem is that if the ref doesn't blow the whistle and an illegal goal goes in (like one that's covered and gets chipped in anyway) it will be reviewed and overturned. When the ref blows the whistle because he can't see the puck, only due to the fact he's 15-20ft out of position, the play is dead. Now even though the goal was legit, it is disallowed and can't be reviewed. ...................................
No matter who's playing this is a great point.

The other thing they should do is have the whistle be the "trigger". This whole ref intent to blow the whistle leaves so much gray area. Play to the whistle I say.
Ahbroody 02:37 PM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
So what if Hiller has it covered, Hossa chips at it, puck goes in, ref is in the same position except with a slow whistle, then the Wings go on to win in OT? You're going to tell me neither you nor the Ducks would complain? And you're telling me that it wouldn't change the series?

Come down from the hockey high horse a little. I enjoyed the game. The Wings weren't the aggressor all the way through. Had they been, they probably would have won anyway. Still that's not the point. Had the call been controversial it would have been one thing. This call could not be argued to be correct except by a blind person. There's no debate the the ref blew the call with 1:04 left and it cost them the game. "If the Wings did this or that" doesn't matter. We all know if they played the aggressor for 60 min they probably would have won. My complaint was that the ref made multiple mistakes. First, he was out of position. Second, even in bad position he blew the play dead; knowing that if he was mistaken (about where the puck was) that replay couldn't overrule his whistle. Had he let the play go, even in my reversed scenario, replay could have been used to make sure the right call was made.

Anyway, no hard feeling. Just fans talking hockey.

Mike

High horse? how about you stop :-)rutch: on one whistle in a 60 minute game, where the goalie stood on his head. How about you give Hiller the credit he deserves. It was a great game. As Al pointed out it demonstrated the current issue with intent to blow the whistle and the blowing of the whistle. You know who has a legit complaint? Its not like you are buffalo vs the Stars with Brett Hull in the crease. Its one game. In a seven game series. The series is 2-1 and you are already blamming the refs for loosing the series. If Det is the better team they will take game 4 and the series.

As for would I complain if it was reversed? No. I dont like either team. I just dislike the wings more. Its a lesser of two evils for me.

You want to complain about the refing?
The ref was behind the net. Arm chair this one for me. Where would you have stood as the ref? You cantgo to the front, you cant be just behind untill the puck comes to the front of the net as he would be in the play. As soon as the play moves from the back the ref moves as quickly as he can to the rear of the net.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5FHOLWM_k

How come your not complaining about the refs not calling the elbow to the head by holmstrom on Wisniewski? Niedermyer took a hooking penalty just after that elbow. Possibly related. The Wings scorred on that PP. Amazing how looking at a game from one side you can miss something like this. A non call on the elbow to the head, a subsequent hook within seconds. The PP gets the Wings first and only goal. I will give you the blown goal if you give me back the PP which should have not occurred do to a missed call. :-) Looks like the Refs blew one in your favor their. Will just ignore that one though.

Its the game man, teams get breaks for and against them all game. OO and I agree no hard feelings at all. I am laughing cause I love shaking Wings fans trees.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmx2pIuRucg
Ahbroody 03:40 PM 05-06-2009
on a more intresting note. just listening to the nhl on xm. has jim balsili( blackberry guy) gone too far this time. the coyotes bankruptcy filling timed with his offer to buy conditioned on moving the team. if you were a coyotes fan would u go to a game next year if the deal goes through knowing it will be the coyotes last season in phx?
Bruins Fan 05:55 PM 05-06-2009
Up and down action Lucic makes it 1-0.
jamesb3 06:43 PM 05-06-2009
High horse? how about you stop :-)rutch: on one whistle in a 60 minute game, where the goalie stood on his head. How about you give Hiller the credit he deserves. It was a great game. As Al pointed out it demonstrated the current issue with intent to blow the whistle and the blowing of the whistle. You know who has a legit complaint? Its not like you are buffalo vs the Stars with Brett Hull in the crease. Its one game. In a seven game series. The series is 2-1 and you are already blamming the refs for loosing the series. If Det is the better team they will take game 4 and the series.

As for would I complain if it was reversed? No. I dont like either team. I just dislike the wings more. Its a lesser of two evils for me.

You want to complain about the refing?
The ref was behind the net. Arm chair this one for me. Where would you have stood as the ref? You cantgo to the front, you cant be just behind untill the puck comes to the front of the net as he would be in the play. As soon as the play moves from the back the ref moves as quickly as he can to the rear of the net.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5FHOLWM_k

How come your not complaining about the refs not calling the elbow to the head by holmstrom on Wisniewski? Niedermyer took a hooking penalty just after that elbow. Possibly related. The Wings scorred on that PP. Amazing how looking at a game from one side you can miss something like this. A non call on the elbow to the head, a subsequent hook within seconds. The PP gets the Wings first and only goal. I will give you the blown goal if you give me back the PP which should have not occurred do to a missed call. :-) Looks like the Refs blew one in your favor their. Will just ignore that one though.

Its the game man, teams get breaks for and against them all game. OO and I agree no hard feelings at all. I am laughing cause I love shaking Wings fans trees.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmx2pIuRucg
Seems to me that if this had happened to the Sharks your view just might be different.

That aside, you are correct that one call a series does not make. Detroit has to score plain and simple. You can outplay someone all day and still lose. Whistle's go back and forth. The only thing that counts is the final score.

I'm just hoping that this gets the Wings to play a full game like they have at the ends of games 2 & 3. If they do that odds on they will still win the series. But that remains to be seen.

That's my :-) anyway.
Bruins Fan 07:06 PM 05-06-2009
Damn, the B's are breaking down giving up two goals in a minute nine :-)
jamesb3 08:20 PM 05-06-2009
'Canes win 3-2 in OT
Bruins Fan 08:22 PM 05-06-2009
B's played a bad game turning over the puck to many times coming out of there own zone.
ahc4353 08:24 PM 05-06-2009
Congrats to Joe and Kevin!
Ahbroody 09:07 PM 05-06-2009
yeah congrats Joe. Damn looks like I just might be forking out some sticks to some Canes fans.

Its nice to see a non traditional market doing so well and packing in the fans.
SmokeyJoe 11:18 PM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
'Canes win 3-2 in OT
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Congrats to Joe and Kevin!
yeah congrats Joe. Damn looks like I just might be forking out some sticks to some Canes fans.

Its nice to see a non traditional market doing so well and packing in the fans.
Looks like I have missed a pretty active thread here, tonight! :-)

I am exhausted...had the good fortune of being at the RBC Center tonight for the Hurricanes OT win over the Bruins. Boston had some real strong moments, but did not seem to match the intensity of the 'Canes. Carolina put several more pucks on net... (41 to 23) and even the goals the Bruins scored were "effort" goals that I don't fault Cam Ward for - he played well.

Kudos to Thomas... he had to deal with a ton of shots and made some incredible saves - one behind him that was true robbery. He is the real deal.

I really like how Carolina is playing right now. I expected more from the Bruins tonight after getting shut-out at home. Cam Ward has been incredibly focused and our centers played very strong tonight. Staal played exceptionally well, I thought, and Brind'Amour had his best game of the post-season in my eyes.

Great series! If Carolina can get a win at home Friday night it would really put Boston on their heals. I'm just grateful that the Hurricanes are aquitting themselves better than Montreal did. I like our chances.

Thanks for the well-wishes, my friends. Boston is a super talented team and I expect they will step it up on Friday - but Carolina isn't going to give it to them by any means.

Go 'Canes!!! :-)
icehog3 11:56 PM 05-06-2009
Congrats Joe! :-)
bugmenot 12:04 AM 05-07-2009
Missed all the action due to midterms, but sounds like a lot happened in that time period.

What happened in the Hawks game, did they just play flat?
icehog3 07:46 AM 05-07-2009
Totally flay, Tony, they looked like they were skating in mud.
Page 58 of 104
« First < 848565758 596068 > Last »
Up