Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 56 of 129
« First < 646545556 575866106 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
SilverFox 02:52 PM 09-24-2010
Still at it pretty hard.

Managing Calories and working my ass off.

Monday was Chest and back (I do a bit of different shoulder stuff almost every workout day as they are secondaries to most other exercises)
50 minutes of Cardio plus the 90sec in between each set. Been keeping my avg HR up around 140 for the 2hr duration of both workouts.

I started some protein supplements (ISO Whey) as well as I will be moving to a heavier weight phase in a week and a bit

Tuesday was off day

Wednesday was bi's and tri's and shoulders and also another 50 minutes of cardio. My power seems to be going up and I raised most of my weights again today.
50 minutes of Cardio plus the 90sec in between each set. Been keeping my avg HR up around 140 for the 2hr duration of both workouts.

Thursday was Chest and back again
50 minutes of Cardio plus the 90sec in between each set. avg 139 2hr duration of both workouts. Maxed at 171BPM Image

Friday is off day so I hit a couple of the P90X programs...............KenpoX cardio for an hour and AB Ripper X after than which is about 20min Maintained a 135avg HR and topped out at 164 and lost about 2 gallons of sweat Image

Also been struggling moving plates back and forth so decided to go get some more Iron.............I suppose that is a good thing that I had to buy more iron for working out. Picked up another 140lbs worth of plates.............going to need it next week when I change up my program.

While my weight is up over my alltime low I think I must still be moving off of fat as I have now moved from a 36inch waist to a 34............(was a 44 last December).
[Reply]
Ahbroody 03:02 PM 09-24-2010
Nice Fox. Been slacking on lifting as been doing a lot of cardio instead. Hoping to hit the weights again on Saturday.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 07:20 AM 09-28-2010
Morning Andy and all,

Quite a workout Fox.

This morning I did a weigh-in and have dropped an additional 3 lbs - from 269 to 261 now in 2 weeks.

It has mostly been on eating smarter - with the knee havent been able to do too much however start with some swimming ASAP.

Good luck to all - dont give up!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 10:38 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Still at it pretty hard.

Managing Calories and working my ass off.

Monday was Chest and back (I do a bit of different shoulder stuff almost every workout day as they are secondaries to most other exercises)

I started some protein supplements (ISO Whey) as well as I will be moving to a heavier weight phase in a week and a bit

Tuesday was off day

Wednesday was bi's and tri's and shoulders and also another 50 minutes of cardio. My power seems to be going up and I raised most of my weights again today.

Thursday was Chest and back again
50 minutes of Cardio plus the 90sec in between each set. avg 139 2hr duration of both workouts. Maxed at 171BPM Image

Friday is off day so I hit a couple of the P90X programs...............KenpoX cardio for an hour and AB Ripper X after than which is about 20min Maintained a 135avg HR and topped out at 164 and lost about 2 gallons of sweat Image

Also been struggling moving plates back and forth so decided to go get some more Iron.............I suppose that is a good thing that I had to buy more iron for working out. Picked up another 140lbs worth of plates.............going to need it next week when I change up my program.

While my weight is up over my alltime low I think I must still be moving off of fat as I have now moved from a 36inch waist to a 34............(was a 44 last December).
He's Hardcore! He's Hardcore!:-) Keep it up, Shawn!
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Morning Andy and all,

Quite a workout Fox.

This morning I did a weigh-in and have dropped an additional 3 lbs - from 269 to 261 now in 2 weeks.

It has mostly been on eating smarter - with the knee havent been able to do too much however start with some swimming ASAP.

Good luck to all - dont give up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice, Travis!:-) My official weigh in is tomorrow and I hope to match that 261 or better (weighed in at 261 today too, but it's not an official weigh in). Over did a few weekend meals b/c of the anniversary, but I'm still in a safe range for the week.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:51 AM 09-28-2010
Nice all. Keep at it.
I am not expecting good results this week. I fell off the truck thurs to sunday and gained a few back. Been good past 2 days, but just hoping to get back tk last weeks weight. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:14 PM 09-28-2010
Reds win the NL Central! I'm getting drunk! So much for my 261 tomorrow!:-)
[Reply]
smelvis 11:50 PM 09-28-2010
I don't keep much crap at home and when at home I eat half portions, when out with friends I eat what I like, I have lost 35 lbs in the last few months.

An example is when I build a sandwich I eat half. if I go out I generally bring back a dogie bag for me. LOL I still order Pizza for weekend I just stop at two pieces well sometimes three but I think it all boils down to portion sizes and I am not small I was around 275/280 but also tall and naturally a big guy.when I started.

Dave
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:42 AM 09-29-2010
Very cool dave. Keep at it.

As for me yup up a pound. Friggin fail. :-).
[Reply]
shilala 02:21 PM 09-29-2010
I've cut way back on my hog intake as i'd planned. That's going real well. I've been praying on that unnatural overdoing it thing, and it's taken care of itself.
I'm drinking very little coffee and tons of water. No soda, diet soda, nothing. An occasional V8 cause I love that stuff.
We got Vocelli's pizza at the hotel last night and I ate more than I wanted. Today, so far so good.
It's so easy to develop bad eating habits and so hard to develop (and stick with) good ones. I haven't been on the scale for awhile, I'll check that in a few days.
This is the first day I've been getting around good cause of my new meds, the exercise will take off the pounds really fast.
I'm excited about getting back to where I was. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:59 PM 09-29-2010
Weigh-in today was 262. That's only a drop of one pound but it's better than nothing. After the weekend camping and fishing trip, I figured I over did it, but still managed to drop a pound. That's 15lbs total this time around.

Dave, Mike, and Scott, stay with it and it will come. I hope I get to 35 pretty soon. Glad to hear you're getting around better, Scott.
[Reply]
hammondc 04:03 PM 09-30-2010
Just started Phase II of Insanity this week. Holy ****. Phase I was tough. Phase II it truly insane.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:14 PM 09-30-2010
What is this Insanity you speak of, Chip?
[Reply]
hammondc 04:17 PM 09-30-2010
Made by the P90X people (Beachbody), but it relies on pure, very heavy cardio and resistance training using your body weight.

It Hurts
[Reply]
Starscream 05:04 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Made by the P90X people (Beachbody), but it relies on pure, very heavy cardio and resistance training using your body weight.

It Hurts
I'm interested. Link? How much?
[Reply]
hammondc 05:54 PM 09-30-2010
I bought my set for $50 on craigslist-- Still sealed in the original brown box. Trainers, gym owners etc get the reallllly cheap as Beachbody is trying to get it to be a mainstream program like TaeBo etc. I think it is like $120 from Beachbody.
Be forewarned, this workout will push you very very very hard. I have been a runner for years and started this over the summer as a break from running (i was doing about 30 miles a week) since it is hot as hell here. This workout will break you and build you back up. It is fantastic though. I say go for it.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:51 AM 10-05-2010
Weigh-in is tomorrow. At one point this week, I was down 4lbs. At another point I was up 2. I gotta quit getting on the scale every day and worrying myself. The only one that truly counts is my official weekly weigh-in.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:32 AM 10-06-2010
258!!!
Below the 260 mark and lost 4lbs this week!
It was a good week!
[Reply]
LooseCard 07:06 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Weigh-in is tomorrow. At one point this week, I was down 4lbs. At another point I was up 2. I gotta quit getting on the scale every day and worrying myself. The only one that truly counts is my official weekly weigh-in.
I discovered the same thing. Now I won't even climb on a scale until weigh-in. It seems I am always lighter the day before...

So, I missed checking in last week as I was slightly depressed with my weigh-in. It was only a loss of .2 for the week.

But I guess I made up a little for it this week.
Dropped 2.2 for the week, bringing my average back up to 1.75 / week. Image
[Reply]
Starscream 10:35 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by LooseCard:
I discovered the same thing. Now I won't even climb on a scale until weigh-in. It seems I am always lighter the day before...

So, I missed checking in last week as I was slightly depressed with my weigh-in. It was only a loss of .2 for the week.

But I guess I made up a little for it this week.
Dropped 2.2 for the week, bringing my average back up to 1.75 / week. Image
Good news, Dan!:-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 12:22 PM 10-13-2010
I knew this wasn't a good week...
Haven't been whatching myself as well this week, and it showed.

ZERO loss.

But the good news... zero gain! :-)

And I've set my next goal. Time to hunker down and get to it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, for the rest of the story....

The belt was getting tight, and I knew I was the biggest I'd ever been. I even had to 'up' the pant size.
Turned out, I was 416.2 by a doctor's scale. OUCH! Image

I've reached my first goal, getting below 'the hundred mark.' This equates to 4% loss so far.

My next goal? As the old saying goes; go big, or go home.
I've set my eyes on 10%, and want it by the Holidays. :-)

It's time for another visit to the regular Doc, to discuss Celebrex - and start walking more.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 129
« First < 646545556 575866106 > Last »
Up