Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 56 of 104
« First < 646545556 575866 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 08:58 AM 05-04-2009
I like the Club Level, great view of the whole surface....between the bowl and the balcony.

Looks like I am SOL though, my computer will not link to Ticketmaster thanks to my virus. Brokers will get my money if the Hawks make Round 3. :-)
Ahbroody 10:06 AM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Tom is gonna get Panger's seat between the benches!
As long as Avery isnt around he should be safe. :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looks like I am SOL though, my computer will not link to Ticketmaster thanks to my virus. Brokers will get my money if the Hawks make Round 3. :-)
Told you to stop visiting those sites they have viruses. Okay last one I promise.
jamesb3 03:58 PM 05-04-2009
Just got ticket's to game 5 at The Joe. Gonna be another great time!:-)
loki 05:29 PM 05-04-2009
that was not a trip at all
ahc4353 05:35 PM 05-04-2009
Nope. Got the puck first. Bad call.
loki 05:42 PM 05-04-2009
Nope. Got the puck first. Bad call.
least we agree on that

i'm not a fan of our power play right now
SmokeyJoe 07:52 PM 05-04-2009
Ovechkin is a beast... not looking forward to seeing him if we can get past the Bruins. :-)

Both Alexander the Great and Sid the Kid had hat tricks - Caps won 4-3.
jamesb3 08:01 PM 05-04-2009
I'm hoping Sid the sniveler is golfing soon!
icehog3 09:51 PM 05-04-2009
Sid and Ovechkin both had the hat tricks, but Alex's goals were amazing....that kid can play. :-)
Ahbroody 10:10 PM 05-04-2009
hoping for a replay on one of the neworks tonight. being westcoast makes some of these games hard to watch.
loki 05:04 AM 05-05-2009
but Alex's goals were amazing....that kid can play. :-)
and dive.

the pens still need to start playing better. very disappointed in the quality of play
jamesb3 06:46 AM 05-05-2009
Game 3 tonight in Anaheim! Hopefully the Wings can get out with a victory. Gotta get to Hiller more with traffic around the net. Don't want to fall behind to a scrappy Ducks team.
ahc4353 07:19 AM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
and dive.

the pens still need to start playing better. very disappointed in the quality of play
Have to agree on that one. The boys and I thought he should of been called on that last one for sure. :-)
loki 07:24 AM 05-05-2009
Have to agree on that one. The boys and I thought he should of been called on that last one for sure. :-)
the one at center ice with 1:40 left in the second? yeah that was just horrible...looked like drunken icecapades to me.

everyone note I am not blaming the refs or calls or anything else for the pens loss, for some reason we can't put enough pucks in the net. It would be great if they could put a solid 60 mins in with the next 4 game
icehog3 07:45 AM 05-05-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
and dive.

I missed the dive by Ovechkin, but I hate that kind of hockey.....just play the freakin' game.

The tripping call in the 3rd against Malkin was bad too, Steckel looked like he was flipped like an omelette....I wish all the teams would move away from that nonsense.
ahc4353 08:04 AM 05-05-2009
I missed the dive by Ovechkin, but I hate that kind of hockey.....just play the freakin' game.

The tripping call in the 3rd against Malkin was bad too, Steckel looked like he was flipped like an omelette....I wish all the teams would move away from that nonsense.

:-)

It's not what the founding fathers would have liked at all.
loki 08:19 AM 05-05-2009

the tripping call in the first period was bullshit also...i think it was against stall. He dove, got the puck first then it went from there.
jamesb3 10:33 AM 05-05-2009
One thing for sure about the Red Wings/Ducks series is the refs have been letting them play for the most part. Only had the one whistle in the three overtimes, one tripping call that had to be made and that was it. Win or lose that is all you can hope for.
ahc4353 02:35 PM 05-05-2009
And my hate for Crosby the Crybaby grows!

I cut this out. Full link HERE!

WASHINGTON (AP) -Alex Ovechkin's first playoff hat trick was cause for celebration, worthy of so many red caps that Sidney Crosby wanted fans to be told to stop throwing them.

Minutes later, Crosby notched his first postseason hat trick, a consolation prize in a loss. Less than a half-dozen pieces of headgear made it to the ice.

Ovechkin nailed a one-timer from the left circle that beat Marc-Andre Fleury on a power play with 7:07 left, then skated between the circles before unleashing a slap shot that sailed past Fleury's glove with 4:38 remaining for his third goal of the game and seventh of the postseason. After the first wave of hats came a second wave, prompting Crosby to speak to the referee about the long delay.

''People kept throwing hats,'' Crosby said. ''And I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop.''

Crosby gave the Penguins leads of 1-0 and 2-1. His third goal came on a power play in the final minute after Fleury was pulled for an extra attacker, giving Crosby an NHL-leading eight in the playoffs...........

What a F**king brat. NHL's poster boy is nothing more than a huge spoiled crybaby!
romwarrior 02:49 PM 05-05-2009
Yeah, that's a bit silly. I don't mind Crosby myself, but that's pretty bad. If it favors anyone, which I doubt it really does, it would favor the Pens because it stops Washington's momentum. It's a free timeout to regroup.
Page 56 of 104
« First < 646545556 575866 > Last »
Up