Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 54 of 138
« First < 444525354 555664104 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Eleven 04:02 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Cooke gets 4 games...too bad it ain't 40....
See the difference is Cooke dishes it out, AND takes it. Avery would never fight Kane, he would get to the bench as fast as he can, or hide behind a Ref.

Dustin Brown doesn't have a rep as a dirty player but he totally elbowed Cooke in the face. Is he any better than Cooke? Kings fans love DB, and Pens fans love Cooke.

No one likes Avery.

:-)
Bruins Fan 06:40 PM 02-09-2011
The Garden in rocking tonight,:-) goals, fights, no room in the penalty box standing room only.
Even the goalies got into it :-)
stevefrench 07:26 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The Garden in rocking tonight,:-) goals, fights, no room in the penalty box standing room only.
What a game! Eight goals in the 2nd period.:-)
Bruins Fan 07:54 PM 02-09-2011
What a brawl with 40 seconds left, the frogs took a beating tonight:-)
jesseboston81 07:59 PM 02-09-2011
Just managed to turn it on in time to catch that--great fight!!
GHC_Hambone 08:15 PM 02-09-2011
Man am I glad I had some Boston players on my fantasy team!

Lucic: 2G 1A +4 16PIM and a shorty
Horton: 1G 4A +5 6 PIM

Sounded like an awesome game, too bad no Center Ice for me this year.
Ahbroody 08:24 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
See the difference is Cooke dishes it out, AND takes it. Avery would never fight Kane, he would get to the bench as fast as he can, or hide behind a Ref.

Dustin Brown doesn't have a rep as a dirty player but he totally elbowed Cooke in the face. Is he any better than Cooke? Kings fans love DB, and Pens fans love Cooke.

No one likes Avery.

:-)
As Don Cherry pointed out Cooke only goes after non fighters and stars. Dont give me that he takes it stuff. He doesnt go after tough guys because hes scared. He is the guy in the league with the rep for trying to constantly hurt other teams star players. He earned that rep over his carrer. The guy goes after peoples knees and gives blind head shots. DB took him on head up, but he did get an elbow up yeah. Was he settling a past score? Very possible given how many seasons he has cut short with his crap. To compare Dustin Brown to Matt Cooke the biggest cheapshot artist is just silly.

I brought it up because you have this huge issue with Avery for being a punk and want him gone. No one will argue Avery is a punk. Yet Cooke who has deliberately injured many players is not as bad? Or Brown is as bad? Not a chance and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks Avery or Brown come close.

As Tom said I would be happy with 40. I dont think his style of play benefits the league in anyway. He hurts the league when he injures good players with his cheapshots.
Ahbroody 08:28 PM 02-09-2011
I hope I can catch a replay of the boston game tonight after work. Looks like they came out hard.

Sharks win again taking down. Gunning for that third spot. Hoping the Stars hit a rough patch.
Eleven 10:29 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I brought it up because you have this huge issue with Avery for being a punk and want him gone. No one will argue Avery is a punk. Yet Cooke who has deliberately injured many players is not as bad? Or Brown is as bad? Not a chance and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks Avery or Brown come close.

As Tom said I would be happy with 40. I dont think his style of play benefits the league in anyway. He hurts the league when he injures good players with his cheapshots.

I didn't bring up Avery, you did. I just responded to your post regarding Avery. I also didn't bring up Cooke, you did.

Brown did the exact same thing that many 'dirty' players do. He just did it to Cooke so it wasn't 'as bad' in the eyes of the NHL and the fans. I know Avery isn't going anywhere, and neither is Cooke.

If the Rangers were your favorite team you would love Avery when he plays hockey and hate him when he does the silly stuff. Same with Cooke.

(EDIT) I sure hope you recorded that Boston game. That was about the craziest thing I have seen this year...great game!
Ahbroody 12:56 AM 02-10-2011
I did bring up Avery and never said I didnt. I did becasue hes an asshat. I just found your rant on Avery interesting given to me Cooke is the worst in the league. I dont think many would find concearn in seeing Cookes knee injured given how many guys knees hes trashed. Edit( heads hes hunted, guys hes hurt boarding etc) So you got me there. I cant say if I would or would not like Avery. Pests are tough to hate when they are your pest. We got Nichol who is a pest, but not on Averys level and no where near a Cooke. I can say I dont like Cooke and would not like him if he as a Shark. I cannot be a fan of a guy who trys to hurt people. Your son plays and my son just started. I cant appreciate anyone who plays like Cooke and fear my son or anyones son running into a kid like that on the ice. Its just bad for the game.

I didnt record it and I am pissed good night the youtube clips are beauty. I am hoping it gets replayed as it sounds like an instant classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiCdntbwO5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0Uhf9LI70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251___mEwZA
Ahbroody 01:07 AM 02-10-2011
Watching a replay of Stars Yotes
Man Dallas is a sad right now. How your team can be in third overall and have that poor of an attendance is just crap. So many empty seats. maybe if the team was bad, but thats horrible fan support.
mariogolbee 01:07 AM 02-10-2011
Mike, you're still up?
chand 05:08 AM 02-10-2011
That was a bunch of goals last night. How did Thomas and Price have the energy to face off?
Eleven 06:43 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
How your team can be in third overall and have that poor of an attendance is just crap. So many empty seats. maybe if the team was bad, but thats horrible fan support.
Look at a Red Wings game. I swear they keep the camera angle purposely away from the stands because if it's not a playoff game that place is half empty.

Atlanta and Florida are worse, but of course the teams are worse :-)
Bruins Fan 06:46 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by chand:
That was a bunch of goals last night. How did Thomas and Price have the energy to face off?
Wasn't much of a fight they both had smiles on their faces after:-)
jmsremax 07:16 AM 02-10-2011
Wasn't much of a fight they both had smiles on their faces after:-)
Exactly...even Carey said he wasn't looking to fight. Thomas just wanted to drink the cool aid and ended up looking stupid. Nevertheless, what a great game!
chand 07:49 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Exactly...even Carey said he wasn't looking to fight. Thomas just wanted to drink the cool aid and ended up looking stupid. Nevertheless, what a great game!
Sometimes its contagious. I felt like I was watching a CC/DU game. :-)
Bruins Fan 09:55 AM 02-10-2011
Campbell is going to become a fan favorite, he's not scared to get into it, man did he pummel Pyatt.
Subban is the guy I want to see get a good beating,he's a cheap shot artist with no balls:-)
icehog3 10:09 AM 02-10-2011
Pyatt is not a fighter, we'll see what happens when Campbell picks a fighter. :-)

The 5 on 5 brawl was the best one I've seen all season, looks like the Bruins took 4 out of 5 of them. Thomas should stay on his own end though. :-)
GreekGodX 01:10 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Look at a Red Wings game. I swear they keep the camera angle purposely away from the stands because if it's not a playoff game that place is half empty.

Atlanta and Florida are worse, but of course the teams are worse :-)
I was at the Wings game Monday and there was barely any empty seats. I just checked the attendance for the last 3 home games and they all were sellouts. Granted ticket sales and who shows up at the game is not the same but I think that is what all teams face. From my experience it is difficult to get tickets to games especially against rivals/original 6 teams/Divisional opponents. Wings also lead the NHL in away attendance. http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
Page 54 of 138
« First < 444525354 555664104 > Last »
Up