Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 53 of 54
« First < 343515253 54 >
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Sauer Grapes 05:58 PM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by goalie204:
well, i have 4.1 jailbroken and have the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Today i spent 15 bux on a pre-paid sim from At&t, cut it to micro-sim size, popped it in, and it didn't work.

I don't know if i cut it improperly or if my phone isn't "really" unlocked, and i don't know how to tell.

I am currently in america using my canadian phone which is why i was trying this.
I did this as well and a micro sim in dubai gave me a sim card error. I don't know if it was due to the fact the sim wasn't activated, or that my phone wasn't actually unlocked, but it convinced me not to pay the $50 there for a sim card and risk it.

I've heard that the straight talk prepaid plans at walmart work on AT&T towers and that even without an unlock their sims should work in iphones. At only $45 for unlimited per month, it's actually making me consider breaking my contract with AT&T.
[Reply]
Chingas 03:35 AM 03-27-2011
Erick, those are the two we were speaking of earlier. The jailbreak site and greenpois0n. I've used them both with my older 3G and iPhone 4. Good stuff.

Looks like late last nite Greenpois0n 4.3 was released. This, in theory will hive you a fully Jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPad/2, All Untethered.

Rumor is that it's been confirmed by over 400 successful attempts.

My computer at home has broken. I'll need to fix that before I move forward. If I decided to roll with a laptop then I may be JBing tonight. I'll post my results for anyone interested.
[Reply]
MiamiE 06:09 AM 03-27-2011
Please do!
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:32 AM 03-27-2011
Well I did the unlock just now using Ultrasn0w. I have a question though, is it ok if I left my ATT sim card in the phone while I was doing this or should I have removed it?
[Reply]
Chingas 05:06 PM 04-06-2011
Ok. So it's official and tested. Monday morning the Dev Team released an updated version of RedSn0w and Pwnage Tools.

The untethered JB works on all 4.3.1 iDevices EXCEPT the iPad2.

I committed early Monday morning. Had a lot of random issues but all is well now. The JB is solid.

You can't find a guide and all the necessary download links on The Dev Teams blog.

Hope this helps Brothers.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:57 PM 04-06-2011
i updated to 4.3 while preserving my old baseband in hopes that one day there will be an unlock for the one i have. Jailbroke it, and good to go. Restored everything with pkgbackup, restore, and sync, and its exactly as it was before, just with 4.3.1 :-)

However, you gents are incorrect, if you updated to 4.3.1 using itunes, and apples stock firmware, and then jailbroke, your phone is jailbroken, but it is not unlocked. The only supported baseband for iphone 4 for a carrier unlock is 1.5.9, and if you updated from apples site, you don't have that anymore. So yes you are jailbroken, but no, you are not carrier unlocked. (unless you bought an unlocked iphone directly from apple in like hong kong, canada, or europe or something)

you can read ultrasn0w's info "only supports iphone 4 baseband 1.5.9" - unless you are using an older iphone with one of the other bbs listed
[Reply]
goalie204 07:19 AM 04-07-2011
by the way, get the tweak "fakeclockup" from the repo cydia.pushfix.info

you'll thank me :-) - google it if you wanna see the demo
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 08:15 AM 04-07-2011
I'll be upgrading to 4.3.1 with redsn0w tonight, instructions look a little different from greenpois0n, but very do-able
[Reply]
goalie204 08:18 AM 04-07-2011
it's easy, if you need any help post here and if im on we can get in chat or something :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 08:20 AM 04-07-2011
Thanks Myles!
[Reply]
goalie204 08:44 AM 04-07-2011
np Brian, i subscribed to the thread so if you post i'll get an email :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:14 PM 04-07-2011
Well, I am officially on my 4th iPhone 4.
First one was not Apple's fault as I took it for a saltwater swim.

Number two had a bad mic for the video. They immediately replaced it. No questions asked.

Number three just went south on me. Home key was not responsive at times for the past few days.

Apple haters will laugh and ridicule this product.
I say it shows the great support that with any issues, nearly a year after its release and purchase, I keep getting new phones after nothing more than a call, a restore and a trip to the local Apple store, which is something that to me is like a kid in a candy store.

My view is chit happens. When it does, is there someone there to help you clean it up. Apple is there for me for sure. Man I want to grow up to be like Steve.:-)

On with the lovers.
On with the haters.
[Reply]
Chingas 05:29 PM 04-07-2011
Myles, you are correct about the unlock, tho I never mentioned it, I suppose I should have. I was just trying to get the JB out to the peeps that were waiting for untethered on 4.3 or 4.3.1.

I'll take a look at fakelockup. Never heard of that one before. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 05:36 PM 04-07-2011
Ok. Got it. Things are much faster. Thank you!:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 05:37 PM 04-07-2011
it's all good :-) and its fake clock up (one word) as in fake overclocking, but it really works.
[Reply]
Chingas 05:40 PM 04-07-2011
it's all good :-) and its fake clock up (one word) as in fake overclocking, but it really works.
Yeah. I typed it wrong!:-)

Found it tho. Pretty sweet. What else you got up your sleeve these days?
[Reply]
goalie204 06:12 PM 04-07-2011
hmm...oh. get Barrel! It's epic. I added a repo tho cuz i aint paying for it. Heres a video preview of it incase you don't like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfzgL-YYDw
[Reply]
Chingas 06:16 PM 04-07-2011
Got barrel already. Love it.

Got gravity. That was cool.

Got the infinite dock thing. That's cool.

Got the swipe anywhere to unlock. Awesome.

It's hard to remember actually.
[Reply]
goalie204 06:18 PM 04-07-2011
my infinidock doesn't work in 4.3. I had to get 5 icon dock in the mean time. You got 4.3?
[Reply]
Chingas 06:21 PM 04-07-2011
my infinidock doesn't work in 4.3. I had to get 5 icon dock in the mean time. You got 4.3?
Got something way better. I think its called scrolling dock. I have 8 icons on there. 4 and a scroll to 4 more. Scroll left and my iPod controls and one more scroll for volume. Intense!
[Reply]
Page 53 of 54
« First < 343515253 54 >
Up