Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 53 of 82
« First < 343515253 545563 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 11:57 PM 03-28-2012
Bruins Fan 02:40 AM 03-29-2012
The fans at the T D Garden love Phil, you always hear the Thank You Kessel Chant when the Leafs come to town :-)
drjammer 06:38 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Flames and Avs are toast. Looks like the Sharks, Stars, Kings and Yotes are in for a crazy couple weeks.
Yea and I thought the Avs might have had a chance of making it in :-)
Wanger 07:44 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilg60:
don't forget it's also leaf day

lmao!!!
Ahbroody 10:18 AM 03-30-2012
Flames and Avs are toast. Looks like the Sharks, Stars, Kings and Yotes are in for a crazy couple weeks.
Dont go giving the Sharks more credit then they deserve. Looking like theybare not going to make it. Marleau 2 goals in the last 18 games if you need him. The team has scorred one goal in 2 games. Times like this is when you expect your vets to make a difference not be a non factor.
icehog3 01:29 PM 03-30-2012
Watched them last night when I got home from the Hawks game, Mike. Very disappointing.
Mr B 03:26 PM 03-30-2012
Freaking Sharks!!! Coture has been on a pretty good schnide too. He has been getting the crap beat out of him since the All Stars. Welcome to the Big Boys.
357 04:11 PM 03-30-2012
My wife Kim surprised me with Wings tickets for my birthday today. On my way to see the Wings/Preds fight for home ice right now. Howard first start since 3/18 I think. Hope he's not rusty.
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 05:03 PM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by 357:
My wife Kim surprised me with Wings tickets for my birthday today. On my way to see the Wings/Preds fight for home ice right now. Howard first start since 3/18 I think. Hope he's not rusty.
Posted via Mobile Device
They could just split up the series, and give the Hawks 4th place. :-)

:-)
Bigwaved 07:47 PM 03-30-2012
I gotta say, my Blueshirts are just playing some solid, good, old fashion hockey this season. It is refreshing to see.
Ahbroody 02:40 PM 03-31-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Freaking Sharks!!! Coture has been on a pretty good schnide too. He has been getting the crap beat out of him since the All Stars. Welcome to the Big Boys.
Well when you have Marleau stopping to pick up his glove instead of back checking which ended in a goal and not scoring you pretty much can focus on Pavs and Logan. Marleau has turned into such a useless player this year. I am amazed hes +2. The guy has been a ghost. Hes not the only one, but the worse. JR maybe was right. Clowe the other night post game said everyone knows what their job is. Some people arent doing their job.
Partagaspete 05:04 PM 03-31-2012
With the Loss today the Isles are officially eliminated from the post season dance. I am sad but optimistic with the core group pf guys we have. I just hope Snow dosn't Fvck it up. He has done well so far in my book.

So Baseball season is starting hmmm...
icehog3 11:06 AM 04-01-2012
Heading down to the United Center for the Hawks last regular season home game versus the Wild. Let's Go Hawks!

Ahbroody 11:26 AM 04-01-2012
Have fun.

Sharks had a nice win yesterday. Fairly chippy game with some fights. Ott ejected. They play again Tuesday and expect a very nasty game.
icehog3 12:02 PM 04-01-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Have fun.

Sharks had a nice win yesterday. Fairly chippy game with some fights. Ott ejected. They play again Tuesday and expect a very nasty game.
Potentially the loser books tee times. Huge game, can't wait!
mithrilG60 12:55 PM 04-01-2012
Christ, I can't keep up with the Pacific Division. As it stands right now Vancouver gets San Jose in a repeat of last year's Conference Final but god only knows what's going to happen there. I think the NHL's system of seeding the Division leaders no lower than 3rd regardless of their point totally is completely idiotic.

Either way, Vancouver is now 1st in the West and tied on points with the Rangers for first overall. Our last 3 games (Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton) are, on paper anyways, much easier than either the Blues (Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas) or the Rangers (Boston, Philly, Pitsburgh, Washington) so there's a good chance that we'll repeat last year with both 1st in the West and President's Trophy.

If only the Canucks would find their offense again instead of relying on the goaltending to bail them out. It works ok when both your goalies are at a level that places them as the #1 on basically any team in the league but it's just not sustainable. God it's going to suck losing Schneider in the off-season. It's going to suck even more seeing him in Maple Leaf blue, especially for him going from one of the top teams in the league to a team that really doesn't even deserve to be in the NHL based on it's caliber of play over the last decade :-)
Ahbroody 01:19 PM 04-01-2012
Whoooooo baby what a game pens and philly
mithrilG60 01:53 PM 04-01-2012
Can't believe I actually have to root for Boston today...
icehog3 02:12 PM 04-01-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
I think the NHL's system of seeding the Division leaders no lower than 3rd regardless of their point totally is completely idiotic.

(
Agreed....would sure like the NHLPA go along with the 4 division format that was proposed earlier this year.

Off to the Hawks game soon.
mithrilG60 03:34 PM 04-01-2012
Agreed....would sure like the NHLPA go along with the 4 division format that was proposed earlier this year.
That'd be a good step, I still prefer the idea of extending the regular season slightly so you play every team in the league 3 times a year and the top 16 teams in the league make the playoffs regardless of conference. That eliminates scenario's like Vancouver's where a large part of the reason they're ranked as high as they are is because they're in a pathetically weak division and it means that you don't have the yearly BS of the 14th, 15th or 16th ranked teams (based on points) not making the playoffs because they're in the stronger conference.
Page 53 of 82
« First < 343515253 545563 > Last »
Up