Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 53 of 138
« First < 343515253 545563103 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
chand 07:40 AM 02-08-2011
I think its time to call it a career. Sounds like LaFontaine all over again. :-)
E.J. 07:50 AM 02-08-2011
Ugh....... Avs need to get on a little roll.....

GO AVS!
icehog3 01:01 PM 02-08-2011
Hawks look like they might join the 'Canes in a club they don't wanna join.
Ahbroody 02:08 PM 02-08-2011
Well Tom I would take that over the Sharks being the Blues of years past. Make it to party but never bags the prize
icehog3 03:42 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Well Tom I would take that over the Sharks being the Blues of years past. Make it to party but never bags the prize
I hear you, Mike, nice to have one in the bank....but I never would have even thought we would be this inconsistent even with the changes....
Ahbroody 03:54 PM 02-08-2011
I saw some stat about your pk going from top 5 to one of the worst in the league. There were some other not so flattering stats also.
icehog3 04:11 PM 02-08-2011
I saw some stat about your pk going from top 5 to one of the worst in the league. There were some other not so flattering stats also.
Yup...might have been offset to some degree by the fact they were #1 in the PP a week and a half ago, but that has gone belly-up too.
Ahbroody 07:39 PM 02-08-2011
Logan has set the record for a rookie scoring game winning goals on the road with 8 surpassing larmers 1982 record of 7. He has 24 goals on the season. Seems a lock for rookie of the year if he keeps going.

Today on the post game players discussed how during the 6 game losing streak they got lazy and selfish. Sharks move into fourth and are red hot nipping at the Stars heels with a chance to take over the pacific tomorrow.

Niemi with back to back shutouts. :-) :-)
icehog3 07:54 PM 02-08-2011
Logan has set the record for a rookie scoring game winning goals on the road with 8 surpassing larmers 1982 record of 7. He has 24 goals on the season. Seems a lock for rookie of the year if he keeps going.

Today on the post game players discussed how during the 6 game losing streak they got lazy and selfish. Sharks move into fourth and are red hot nipping at the Stars heels with a chance to take over the pacific tomorrow.

Niemi with back to back shutouts. :-) :-)
Steve Larmer is my favorite player....F**k Logan Couture.

:-) :-)
Ahbroody 11:49 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would be shocked if the 'Nucks moved Bieksa for Setuguchi (sp?).
Looks like it may have been ballard not Bieksa they were discussing in trade for Seto. Tonight on NHL network they discussed the Canucks were in possible trade talks on Ballard just prior to his injury monday.
Ahbroody 12:08 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Other than the horrible officiating, which I think is getting worse and worse, Sean Avery is the single worst thing that the NHL has going against it.

He is a cheap dirty player, not in the good way like Tie Domi was.

He is a coward, I can't tell how many times he makes someone *think* they are going to fight and he tries to skate away like he did nothing wrong.

Watch how he handles himself in this video, cheap shots to start a fight, then he just turtles and pretends he isn't fighting until he thinks he has an advantage and then actually pulls a take-down on the ice. No one does that. Except him. The day he retires will be one of the best days the NHL has seen in years.

Yea, I hate dirty cowards. And he is the worst.
As you are a Pens fan I was wondering about your view on Cooke. Honestly Avery is a dirty POS but I think Cooke is the biggest POS in the league. Cooke runs around the ice hurting people. On Saturday Cooke stuck the Leg out on Ovi. Tonight he drills Tyutin from behind. Possibly ended Savards carrer now. This video by Grapes shows Cookes history. The guy is Dirty then Avery and I think the league will be a better safer place when hes gone. He is one of the reasons the headshot rule was changed. Yeah he is a huge POSHHHHHHHHH!T As much as I dont like Avery I think I would take him over Cooke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2n...eature=related
This was last year and he has had some questionable hits since then and some attempts to injure.
chand 05:10 AM 02-09-2011

I Haven't heard that name in ages. :-) WTH was with that 3rd period collapse by the Lightning last night? F' Drew Stafford too.
Eleven 09:09 AM 02-09-2011
As you are a Pens fan I was wondering about your view on Cooke. Honestly Avery is a dirty POS but I think Cooke is the biggest POS in the league. Cooke runs around the ice hurting people. On Saturday Cooke stuck the Leg out on Ovi. Tonight he drills Tyutin from behind. Possibly ended Savards carrer now. This video by Grapes shows Cookes history. The guy is Dirty then Avery and I think the league will be a better safer place when hes gone. He is one of the reasons the headshot rule was changed. Yeah he is a huge POSHHHHHHHHH!T As much as I dont like Avery I think I would take him over Cooke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2n...eature=related
This was last year and he has had some questionable hits since then and some attempts to injure.
I got no problem calling out Matt Cooke for his dirty hits. Those last 2 you mentioned were weak though by comparison to some of Cookes previous infractions. He now has a rep, just like Avery where he can be baited into a call. Ovechkin had his knee out just as much as Cooke, (don't wanna get started on how dirty Ovechkin is) and Tyutin actually saw Cooke coming and turned his back.

A 'dirty' player gets what's coming to him. Cooke gets his azz handed to him time and time again for what he does, Avery cries and runs to the bench. That was the point I was making about Avery, what a coward he was.
357 09:54 AM 02-09-2011
I thought the definition of "Blues of years past" was face the Wings in the post season, get :-), repeat next year.

:-)
Ahbroody 10:09 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I got no problem calling out Matt Cooke for his dirty hits. Those last 2 you mentioned were weak though by comparison to some of Cookes previous infractions. He now has a rep, just like Avery where he can be baited into a call. Ovechkin had his knee out just as much as Cooke, (don't wanna get started on how dirty Ovechkin is) and Tyutin actually saw Cooke coming and turned his back.

A 'dirty' player gets what's coming to him. Cooke gets his azz handed to him time and time again for what he does, Avery cries and runs to the bench. That was the point I was making about Avery, what a coward he was.
I know tyutin knew he was comming, but all Cooke saw was numbers and if you watch the hit he could have glided in and tied him up. He instead goes in full speed, leaves his feet and launches him into the wall. Its just typical of him and why he is so hated. Given he has injured a lot of players with knee on knee hits many of them stars he clearly has no conscience to continue to try.

While I agree Avery is dirty and runs and hides Cooke is so much worse because he is out their trying to end peoples carrers. He has destroyed a lot of players knees. Constantly dlgoes after peoples heads and appears to now have ended a carrer prematurely and been one of the primary reasons a rule was created to protect players from his tactics. Avery is not as dangerous and in my opinion evil as Cooke. Avery pulls bitc& moves and punks guys.
Case in point who in the hell would deliberately kick at a players neck? This guy needs to go and is in my opinion more of a detriment to the league then Avery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEZm...e_gdata_player
357 10:16 AM 02-09-2011
WOW Mike. That is nuts. Intentional blindside headshots and knee to knee hits are terrible. Trying to kick a guy in the throat with the blade of your skate is friggen psychotic.
Ahbroody 10:20 AM 02-09-2011

Dont hate the playa. My wife thinks he looks like a rat. Kids got skills though and could be a star.

Originally Posted by chand:
I Haven't heard that name in ages. :-) WTH was with that 3rd period collapse by the Lightning last night? F' Drew Stafford too.
Pops is an Old Fart! His favorite players started playing before many of us were born.
Sawyer 10:56 AM 02-09-2011
I know it has been posted before, but since that prick Cooke is being talked about again for doing something dirty, I thought everyone should see this knockout by Evander Kane again.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/94177
Ahbroody 01:20 PM 02-09-2011
You should like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5K4m...0D96224CED613A.

The last replay at 52 seconds shows just how big it was.
icehog3 02:24 PM 02-09-2011
Cooke gets 4 games...too bad it ain't 40....
Page 53 of 138
« First < 343515253 545563103 > Last »
Up