Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 51 of 75
« First < 41495051 525361 > Last »
Sports>NHL 2013 Thread
chaase321 09:13 AM 05-12-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Great season by the Islanders, they should come back even stronger next year.

If the Pens goaltending and defense don't improve, I think the Sens will beat them.
Pens goaltending and defense improves by one simple thing....if Malkin stops turning the puck over in their zone!

Honestly, I think the islanders played us a lot tougher than Ottawa will. Isles have a great young team that is quick and physical, I think they will be in the top 5 of the East next year.
icehog3 10:54 AM 05-12-2013
Originally Posted by chaase321:
Pens goaltending and defense improves by one simple thing....if Malkin stops turning the puck over in their zone!

Honestly, I think the islanders played us a lot tougher than Ottawa will. Isles have a great young team that is quick and physical, I think they will be in the top 5 of the East next year.
Ottawa has what the Isles do not....Craig Anderson. I guess we will just have to see.
E.J. 01:22 PM 05-12-2013
Happy with Sakic now running the show in Colorado.....now his 1st big decision, who's going to be coaching them....

Are the Caps and/or Bruins going to close out today? Excited for the game 7......
icehog3 01:27 PM 05-12-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Happy with Sakic now running the show in Colorado.....now his 1st big decision, who's going to be coaching them....

Are the Caps and/or Bruins going to close out today? Excited for the game 7......
Hoping yes for the Caps and no for the Bruins, though I expect it to go the exact opposite. :-)
AdamJoshua 08:05 PM 05-12-2013
WTFRIG 5 minutes left in the 3rd and NBC cuts to some previously recorded studio crap and now they are doing a preview for ducks game 7... no "we are cutting away" nothing it went black and that was that. wow
Ahbroody 09:58 PM 05-12-2013
Wings playing well. Someone tell Howard that head snap flop looked horrible though. Soccer player style. Not looking good for Ducks
icehog3 11:31 PM 05-12-2013
Looks like the Hawks will need to wait for the Western Finals to play the Sharks, Mike. Looking forwqard to that series which I fully expect to happen.
Bruins Fan 03:50 AM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
WTFRIG 5 minutes left in the 3rd and NBC cuts to some previously recorded studio crap and now they are doing a preview for ducks game 7... no "we are cutting away" nothing it went black and that was that. wow
That was for medical reasons...to keep our blood pressure down.
Bruins are playing softer then **** and look
to be getting ready for vacation.:-)
FUEL 06:00 AM 05-13-2013
Leafs!! Will be a hell of a game tonight!
Bruins Fan 06:03 AM 05-13-2013
Funny doings....Leafs sleeping in Boston. Bruins still sitting on the tarmac in Toronto with plane trouble :-)
FUEL 06:07 AM 05-13-2013
Oh no kidding hahaha! To be fair not giving u super sh!t as I've been a life long Leafs fan but also really like Boston so either one moving on is a good thing! Just want the Pens knocked out ASAP.

Western conference its going to be a shocker if the Blackhawks don't make it to the cup.

I was in LA for the cup at game 3 and 4 last year. Was amazin!
rebelknight 08:23 AM 05-13-2013
Glad Detroit pulled it out. Sharks Kings should be a fun serious. Just hope the Sharks don't get to banged up before getting to Chicago. I expect it to be pretty physical. Predicting Sharks in 6
E.J. 08:48 AM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
My first round picks -

West –
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS vs. MINNESOTA WILD - 'Hawks
ANAHEIM DUCKS vs. DETROIT RED WINGS - Wings
VANCOUVER CANUCKS vs. SAN JOSE SHARKS - Canucks
ST. LOUIS BLUES vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS - Blues

East –
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS vs. NEW YORK ISLANDERS - Pens
MONTREAL CANADIENS vs. OTTAWA SENATORS - Habs
WASHINGTON CAPITALS vs. NEW YORK RANGERS - Caps
BOSTON BRUINS vs. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - Leafs
Batting .500 with 2 series TBD... Ouch.... GO Leafs/Caps!!! 5-3 doesn't look TERRIBLE.... Not great, but not terrible....
Ahbroody 09:41 AM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
My version not accounting for any suspect officiating which is always a possibility

West –
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS vs. MINNESOTA WILD - 'Hawks
ANAHEIM DUCKS vs. DETROIT RED WINGS - Ducks
VANCOUVER CANUCKS vs. SAN JOSE SHARKS - Sharks
ST. LOUIS BLUES vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS - Kings
East –
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS vs. NEW YORK ISLANDERS - Pens
MONTREAL CANADIENS vs. OTTAWA SENATORS - Habs
WASHINGTON CAPITALS vs. NEW YORK RANGERS - Caps
BOSTON BRUINS vs. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - Bruins

Screw you EJ!

I think Sharks Canucks could go either way I have to go with Nemo and my boys.
While the Blues Elliot is hot, but LA went 3-0 against the Blues this year and Quick is playing well enough that with LAs skill and grit I cant pick the Blues.

You want to bet on the Wings Ducks series?
Glad you didnt bet me the Wings series. I appear to be beating you.

As for tonight. I am really not sure about my Bs pick now.
357 02:42 PM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looks like the Hawks will need to wait for the Western Finals to play the Sharks, Mike. Looking forwqard to that series which I fully expect to happen.
Apparently so does the Hawks brass. They posted Conference Finals tickets up for sale first thing this morning. Strangely none for sale on the Wing's website. I couldn't call one out if both were doing it. :-)

I look forward to the series and not having to stay up till 1:30 AM to watch the end of each game. Thank the Lord we're moving east next year, although I will miss the frequent matchups against Chicago.

Honestly I thought the Wings were a coinflip to beat the Ducks. I think the Hawks will win this series I just hope the Wings can make it tough on them.

BTW, Mike I have been off CA for a bit but I knew you wouldn't pick the Wings to win a playoff series, even against the Ducks.
icehog3 04:42 PM 05-13-2013
Mike, the Hawks do this every year. The first two rounds before the playoffs start, then the 3rd round before the 2nd round starts, and the SCF before the Conference Finals start....so it's no slight to the Wings, just a way for the Wirtz family to make some interest with the fans' money if they don't advance.

I don't think it will be an easy series by any means, I just think the Hawks match better with the Wings than the Sharks...plus no coast to coast travel this round is a plus.
AdamJoshua 05:02 PM 05-13-2013
No Rask love in boston ... the lynch mobs are already out.
AdamJoshua 05:28 PM 05-13-2013
Once again rask makes a stop and then is totally out of the play and gives up an easy goal, same story all year.
FUEL 05:30 PM 05-13-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Once again rask makes a stop and then is totally out of the play and gives up an easy goal, same story all year.
And God bless him for it :-)
AdamJoshua 05:45 PM 05-13-2013
IT really is amazing to watch him make a save and end up sprawled out on the ice 8 feet from the puck and leaving the entire net open...and he just freaking lays there.

I think BruinsFan on here is the only guy in the entire New England area that likes Rask. :-)
Page 51 of 75
« First < 41495051 525361 > Last »
Up