Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 75
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
Sports>NHL 2013 Thread
icehog3 01:44 AM 05-09-2013
Originally Posted by King James:
Drove 5 hours to St. Paul last night to watch the Hawks then 5 hrs back to milwaukee right after. Was a long damn day, but well worth it.
Thanks for getting us a win, Jim! I will be at the UC tomorrow night trying to see them close it out. :-)

Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Tom I kind of agree, but I just cant. I cant root for the Wings. I dont like all the interfence and soft picks they get away with. That combined with their snipers and goalie just rather see them gone. the refs are no5 calling the soft picks and interference like they did in payoffs past

So tired of the as$ hat fans constantly throwing octopus on the ice in other peoples buildings is just bush. Only fans in the league who somehow feel its acceptable. We all know the history. People wonder why so many cant stand their fans.
Understood, Mike, you just can't root for a team you hate....it would be like me rooting for the Casucks against anyone. I would root for a team of Hitlers over Vancouver.

I think the Hawks would have an easier time with the Wings, a less physical team than SJ. Niemi is playing great, as are Couture, Galiardi (sp?), even Torres. It will come down to getting behind the SJ defense and putting a lot of rubber on Niemi, and trying to "outspeed" a speedy SJ offense. Should be a good, tough series, much tougher for the Hawks than in 2010....sure wish we had Big Byfuglein back. :-)
AdamJoshua 11:50 AM 05-09-2013
Tom I kind of agree, but I just cant. I cant root for the Wings. I dont like all the interfence and soft picks they get away with. That combined with their snipers and goalie just rather see them gone. the refs are no5 calling the soft picks and interference like they did in payoffs past
Dude the soft pick is becoming part of hockey it seems, the canucks run them CONSTANTLY and they aren't even that soft, when the cansmucks are on a PP they are running the pick and there's a decent amount of contact going on, not one call.
E.J. 06:28 PM 05-09-2013
Vokoun is playing well.... Pens are responding.
icehog3 11:51 PM 05-09-2013
Congrats to Craig Anderson and the Senators for moving along (handily) to Round 2.

Great night at the U.C. too....12 to go.

mahtofire14 12:15 AM 05-10-2013
Fun season for the Wild but I have never seen a team so much in need of a scorer. We have to have set the record for scoring chances without scoring. Still glad to make the playoffs and excited to see all the good, you g talent we have waiting for next year.
icehog3 12:19 AM 05-10-2013
Congrats to the Wild for a good season, they just ran into a buzzsaw, Pete.
mahtofire14 02:04 AM 05-10-2013
Won't argue that.

Now win the damn cup so we can at least lose to the champs!
chaase321 04:37 AM 05-10-2013
Vokounnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Damn...maybe now we found a goalie that could be good in the post season as well! :-)

Told ya not to count us out Tom! Oh, and best of luck in the second round brother :-)
icehog3 10:40 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Won't argue that.

Now win the damn cup so we can at least lose to the champs!
:-) :-)

Originally Posted by chaase321:
Vokounnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Damn...maybe now we found a goalie that could be good in the post season as well! :-)

Told ya not to count us out Tom! Oh, and best of luck in the second round brother :-)
I wasn't serious when I said the Isles would win, Cole, Pens have so much fire-power. Vokoun looks like he might be the answer. Still impressed with the fight the Islanders have put up, though.
AdamJoshua 01:14 PM 05-10-2013
Islanders are def not laying down and dying, like I hope the leafs do tonight :-)
Ahbroody 01:23 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Islanders are def not laying down and dying, like I hope the leafs do tonight :-)
I agree Isles will fight tonight I think the leafs will also.

Congrats to the Hog and the Hawks on a very dominant showing.
icehog3 01:27 PM 05-10-2013
I agree Isles will fight tonight I think the leafs will also.

Congrats to the Hog and the Hawks on a very dominant showing.
Looking like it will probably be Hawks-Sharks semi-finals, Mike. :-)
Ahbroody 03:25 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Looking like it will probably be Hawks-Sharks semi-finals, Mike. :-)
Meh had to end for Sharks sooner or later like every year. As I have said before if they have to go out I dont mind it being to a team I also like. The boy is allready trash talking a little. Nothing like a 7yr old talking trash
AdamJoshua 05:57 PM 05-10-2013
43 years ago today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIlfV-XtBg

E.J. 06:47 PM 05-10-2013
Datsyuk has butter hands....
kugie 09:46 PM 05-10-2013
Crap performance by the Bs tonight.
The leafs played their game
but if the bruins played in the first or second for even 5 min
Like they did in the last 10 of the 3rd

This series is done
:-)
icehog3 12:03 AM 05-11-2013
My two least favorite teams are both golfing tomorrow. :-)
drjammer 07:21 AM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
43 years ago today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIlfV-XtBg

Awesome picture :-)
Partagaspete 02:48 PM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Vokoun is playing well.... Pens are responding.
vokoun was pretty good. We need something better than Nabby backed up by poulin. we need insert name here ---> Backed up by Nabby next year.
Whether the Isles win or lose this series I am, after the last twenty yeaow rs so happy with 1. how we performed this season and 2. how stocked our prospect pool is (hell some of our best players aren't even up in the bigs yet) 3. the future of this franchise.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!!!
icehog3 12:57 AM 05-12-2013
Great season by the Islanders, they should come back even stronger next year.

If the Pens goaltending and defense don't improve, I think the Sens will beat them.
Page 50 of 75
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
Up