Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 104
« First < 40484950 515260100 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
SmokeyJoe 08:19 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Congrats Joe. Hell of a finish. Just shows its not over till its over.
Thanks, Al. My house is still rockin'! :-) :-)
Mr.Maduro 08:31 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:

Hey Mr. Maduro where did you get that devils sig bar?

----------------
Now playing: Justin Moore - Small Town USA
via FoxyTunes
Do you still want to know :-)

Actually, I don't remember. I think I just googled free sports sig bars....or something like that. Oh well...Football is just around the corner.

Go Skins!!
loki 08:31 PM 04-28-2009
good games tonight, too bad neither went how i wanted
SmokeyJoe 09:13 PM 04-28-2009
Hurricanes get the Bruins next... Boston has looked pretty tough. 'Canes have their work cut out for them. :-)
Ahbroody 10:48 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Its like watching the Titanic sink. I just cant believe it

nope that was the sharks last night, but everyone saw that comming.
King James 10:52 PM 04-28-2009
can't believe the Caps came back from being down 3-1 and won the series
icehog3 11:30 PM 04-28-2009
How about old man Fedorov, he almost looked 19 again in that 3rd period....good for him. I gotta say, as much as I like to slam him, Avery played a helluva game too, very strong along the boards with the puck.

Holy Moley in NJ.....crazy ending there, too! Congrats Joe, quite a finish from your guys!
taltos 02:52 AM 04-29-2009
Congrats on the Canes Joe, really did not want the Bruins playing them, preferred the Rangers. Should be a great series though. The Canes will play with heart and intensity which were two things the Montreal team lacked. Al, sorry, I really wanted to see the Rangers play the Bruins as it is always better when a New York team is eliminated by a Boston team.
Ahbroody 03:25 AM 04-29-2009
I hate to say it Joe but there is almost zero chance the canes beat the bruins. Thats right I am calling it now. Bruins in 6, I would say 5 but the layoff of from the JV series agains the Habs will leave them a little rusty.

Congrats to the Canes, but yikes.
357 05:37 AM 04-29-2009
I was actually trying to catch one of the games last night but I have basic cable and couldn't find either one on. I watch a ton of Wing's games, but not too many others. However, given there were two game sevens, I was really wanting to flip back and forth. I guess I need to upgrade for next year.
SmokeyJoe 06:55 AM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I hate to say it Joe but there is almost zero chance the canes beat the bruins. Thats right I am calling it now. Bruins in 6, I would say 5 but the layoff of from the JV series agains the Habs will leave them a little rusty.

You may be right, my friend... but I will tell you this - Carolina will not be star struck and lay down for Boston. And if the Bruins make the mistake of looking past the Hurricanes, the boys from the sunny south never quit and never give up.

As the "Nature Boy," Ric Flair used to say, "you gotta beat the man to be the man." :-)
BarneyBandMan 06:59 AM 04-29-2009
What a game, what a game, what a game, what a mighty good game :-)

Hoowee..gauntlet thrown...and accepted by this Caniac. :-) I'll let Joe speak for himself.:-)

I've got to admit, though...Bruins are really tough this year, especially the way they manhandled the Habs. But our guys are playing with a ton of heart. And though Brodeur is one of the absolute best ever, Ward was up to the challenge. What a great series!

I think splitting up the Stall-Cole-Ruutu line was a great move by Mo. There---I said it---great move by Mo. LaRose and Whitney are a great match with Stall. It will be interesting to see how the lines shake out come Friday.
SmokeyJoe 10:03 AM 04-29-2009
As I am waiting for a fiver from one of the great Devil's fans here due to our friendly wager on that incredible first-round series...

I am willing to do the same with a Bruins fan. I will be happy to put my bundled and rolled leaves where my mouth is with the first Boston Bruins fan that PMs me and wants to put five cigars on it (not dog rockets, but they don't have to be super premiums either).

Looking forward to a good series... hoping Carolina can surpass Montreal's meager efforts and... who knows? There is a reason they play the games, you know? Ask the Sharks! :-)
Ahbroody 11:25 AM 04-29-2009
If you are looking for a bet Barney just bring it.
I could stand to part with 5 sticks. I could definetly benefit from an EASY fiver. :-)
yourchoice 11:36 AM 04-29-2009
Crazy games last night. I can't believe Brodeur let up two soft goals in one game (IMO, they were soft). Some intriguing 2nd round matchups. The Ovechkin/Crosby angle will be overplayed, as it probably deserves to be.
ahc4353 11:38 AM 04-29-2009
I posted your post in the Masshole banter thread Joe to see if I could get you a bet. he looks of it they are all talk up in bean town.

:-)

(But at least they are still playing) :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 12:29 PM 04-29-2009
Well I just shaved off my playoff bead :-)

Next year!
68TriShield 12:31 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
can't believe the Caps came back from being down 3-1 and won the series
Believe it!

Federov with three of Sir Stanley' cups under his belt saved us.Not to mention Coach Boudreau putting the kid Varlamov in goal.
jamesb3 12:36 PM 04-29-2009
Some really great hockey so far. Should only get better with some great 2nd round matchups!

Damn I love hockey!:-)
icehog3 02:31 PM 04-29-2009
I hate to say it Joe but there is almost zero chance the canes beat the bruins.
Yeah, they should just skip the games and give the series to the Bs. :-)

That's why they play the games, boys.....lots of upsets every year. Hopefully for the Bruins, they aren't underestimating the 'Canes they way that you are. :-) :-)
Page 50 of 104
« First < 40484950 515260100 > Last »
Up