Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>I am a cigar aficianado!
Gargoyle 07:34 PM 02-10-2009
I picked up some good tips there!
[Reply]
groogs 07:36 PM 02-10-2009
I don't feel sorry, I don't care whose dad he is. That video sucked out loud.:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:37 PM 02-10-2009
As much of a train wreck as that so called "instructional video" was, I watched it again today just because I needed a laugh so if nothing else its a good thing to watch when you need a pick me up laugh.
[Reply]
Prefy 07:40 PM 02-10-2009
Hey I don't feel bad it was an entertaining video of an older gentleman trying to keep busy. It may not be keeping true to its original intention but they said it was more of a for fun thing so as long as those involved had fun then that's really what matters.
[Reply]
ReggieFSULaw 09:51 PM 02-10-2009
WOW. So many things wrong with that video. He's obviously been around long enough to know better. I don't know what was worse, the horrible cut or the use of a Bic. That cigar deserved better than that.
[Reply]
Thrak 06:20 AM 02-11-2009
the comments crack me up

"so i inhale oxygen, and let the cigar smoke go into my mouth, but dont let the smoke go down my thoat. than i exhale and the smoke goes out of my mouth and i inhale oxygen and put the cigar in my mouth and let the smoke go into my mouth and over and over again? "

lol !!!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:56 AM 02-11-2009
I hope to make it another 32 years enjoying life and smoking cigars the way I like.:-)
Even if I have to cut with a knife and light with a bic. Instructional, the video is not, but serious it is not either.
Give the guy a break. 81 years old! :-)
Still, when he said "there are three kinds of cigars" I thought he was going to show the three that he had on the table there.:-)
[Reply]
darb85 10:55 AM 02-11-2009
LOL. wow. Can I vote him as best cigar guy ever? Man I was doing alot of things wrong! so glad I watched.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:18 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Still, when he said "there are three kinds of cigars" I thought he was going to show the three that he had on the table there.:-)
I was thinking the same thing! What's with the other two cigars and the pocket knife???

Maybe the grant paid for the other two cigars and the pocket knife... Just a thought!!!:-)

Still fishing for a grant!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:29 PM 02-11-2009
I left my Palio at home and just had to open a cigar with my knife. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:41 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I left my Palio at home and just had to open a cigar with my knife. :-)
Corkscrew or blade???

You are an aficionado!!!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:49 PM 02-11-2009
File.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 02:58 PM 02-11-2009
He should join a cigar forum so he can be an expert...
[Reply]
TheRiddick 04:17 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
He should join a cigar forum so he can be an expert...
Hmmm... Quite a few did already?
[Reply]
Pyrokin 07:17 PM 02-11-2009
That was worth a chuckle, I love how much he clips off.
[Reply]
groogs 07:26 PM 02-11-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I was thinking the same thing! What's with the other two cigars and the pocket knife???

Maybe the grant paid for the other two cigars and the pocket knife... Just a thought!!!:-)

Still fishing for a grant!!!

Well put away your pole, I am not buying you any cigars.:-):-)
[Reply]
acruce 07:36 PM 02-11-2009
He sure picked a windy day to teach us to smoke cigars!:-)
[Reply]
jm0307 10:33 AM 02-13-2009
I found the initial posting of his video quite amusing, due to the video's quaint nature, but having read the five pages of this thread and the scorn heaped upon this man, I cannot but feel for him. Give the guy a break!

He did not claim to be a world renowned expert, but merely an aficionado, which means that cigars arouse his affection. (aficionado: from the Spanish aficionar: to arouse affection).

Furthermore, his peculiar technique has probably served him well for many years. It works for him. I have only sympathy for his affection and passion and think disdain for his odd technique is uncharitable. Surely, proper technique contributes to the enjoyment of cigars, but affection and passion still rank higher in my estimation than technique. Although one may not learn 'proper' cigar technique or etiquette from his video, he has shared his passion for cigars with 40320 viewers, which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. In doing so he has done more for our beloved passion than many of us. Our wonderful pastime needs all the promotion it can get.

[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:52 AM 02-13-2009
Like I said, I'd herf with the guy. He is a BOTL.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:25 PM 02-13-2009
No comment
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up