Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
General Discussion>Yahoo Baseball 2013- #53892
mkarnold1 10:45 AM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by jledou:
He's doing better than I am ...
I know he's doing well, he beat me the first week. I have seen first time fantasy players do well many times. I was just talking about the fact that he has agreed to trade a top 5 talent for a couple of mid-range offensive guys and a pitcher that is owned in less than 1/3 of all leagues. The fact that he is dropping a guy that just came off the DL and is owned by 97% or leagues. Just seems like a noob move to me.
[Reply]
jledou 12:01 PM 04-29-2013
Maybe or he might know something we don't? I would agree this trade does look like a bad move and something I would not make although heaven knows I could use all the help I can get with my band of misfits.

In the end time will tell whether this was a good move or not.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:43 PM 04-29-2013
I see where everyone is coming from on this matter however I don't vote on trades. I feel that it is the responsibility of the owner to accept or deny the trade. If he likes the trade and makes it, great. He is still getting 3 players for one. Even if they aren't cream of the crop.

Also, Mark, where do I send the cigars for troops since you just eeked out that win against me?
[Reply]
hotreds 01:02 PM 04-29-2013
The trade veto was a provision to prevent lopsided deals towards the end of the season when it seemed obvious one person was trying to help another win. People get pissed when nobody is willing to trade and now a trade is vetoed. Go figure.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 03:34 PM 04-29-2013
Like I said before, you were perfectly fine in this Hugh. Whenever I do a trade I always throw something out that is in my favor and expect it to get rejected and a counter offer sent back until a fair trade is hammered out. The only trade I would think of voting against would be one that could potentially damage league integrity. If everyone else is okay with this, then I am as well. Time forget about this and concentrate on getting my team out of the cellar and back on track!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:16 PM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Also, Mark, where do I send the cigars for troops since you just eeked out that win against me?
:-):-)
Either Shilala or Hotreds handle the smokes for the troops. I usually send a box full at the beginning of the season to cover my bets (and then some) but you may want to just keep track and send in the box at the end of the season, assuming you make more bets.
[Reply]
shilala 04:18 PM 04-29-2013
I'm gonna go try to make me a deal. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:41 PM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
:-):-)
Either Shilala or Hotreds handle the smokes for the troops. I usually send a box full at the beginning of the season to cover my bets (and then some) but you may want to just keep track and send in the box at the end of the season, assuming you make more bets.
Okay. I will keep track and send a box at the end....Thanks.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:49 PM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm gonna go try to make me a deal. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:29 PM 04-29-2013
:-). I normally do not vote on trades till the end of the season if it is truly unfair. As for this trade, due to Trouts slow start I really don't think the trade was too unfair. The worst part I thought were the drops.

If both agreed, this early in season it should have gone through.
[Reply]
dman4505 09:51 PM 04-29-2013
Just to set the record straight:

I'm not a noob at this I've been playing for quite a few years on Yahoo and ESPN I've finished first in a few leagues and also finished dead last in a few. So as the saying goes "This ain't my first rodeo"
I thought the offer was fair so I accepted it, believe me if I thought i was getting screwed in the deal it would have been rejected.
As to those that vetoed it that's your option and I don't take it personal.

Don
[Reply]
mkarnold1 06:30 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by dman4505:
Just to set the record straight:

I'm not a noob at this I've been playing for quite a few years on Yahoo and ESPN I've finished first in a few leagues and also finished dead last in a few. So as the saying goes "This ain't my first rodeo"
I thought the offer was fair so I accepted it, believe me if I thought i was getting screwed in the deal it would have been rejected.
As to those that vetoed it that's your option and I don't take it personal.

Don
I apologize for the incorrect assumption, Don. The trade you have with Hugh is much more even with Wieters involved.
[Reply]
dman4505 07:13 AM 04-30-2013
Apology accepted
No one attacked me on a personal level, so all is good.

Don
[Reply]
jledou 09:37 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by dman4505:
No one attacked me on a personal level, so all is good.

Now being a Cubs fan ... that's another story :-)
[Reply]
dman4505 11:44 AM 04-30-2013
I know
What can I say I'm a glutton for punishment and dissappointment
At least the Blackhawks are doing well

Don
[Reply]
blugill 08:07 PM 05-02-2013
And the Bulls....
[Reply]
mkarnold1 12:38 AM 09-16-2013
Hey Shilala, how about a troop 5er on this week's playoff matchup? Maybe an extra 5 if one of us puts double digits (10 or more categories) on the other?
[Reply]
hotreds 08:48 AM 09-16-2013
Argh!
[Reply]
jledou 09:27 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Argh!
Yep, 3 starting pitchers yesterday 3 no decisions :-) ... that was my week in a nut shell...
[Reply]
blugill 04:12 PM 09-16-2013
Wow, I thought I'd lose in the first round.
Actually I didn't think I'd make the playoffs until the end of the season when I started to win a little bit.
Hot Reds dominated the regular season as well as Mahtofire.
Shilala was strong all the way and did well, JLedou was awesome all the way!
The Mashers, Burglars, Torpedos, and the rest all did really well this year. Just remember it's for the troops and that's something we can all get behind!
Congratulations to everyone!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
Up