Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: How does you Significant Other view your cigar hobby?
She loves it! 39 19.80%
She hates it! 40 20.30%
Somewhere in the middle. 118 59.90%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars and your Significant Other
357 12:14 PM 07-31-2012
My wife smokes cigarettes but dislikes cigar smoke. :-) Go figure. She's not a huge fan of the smell after a herf but after one or two, not such a big deal. I find it funny how many cigarette smokers I know who dispise cigar smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 12:24 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
Those are probably the best types of stories so far in this thread.

Maybe one day I'll find a woman who will purchase me a box of cigars. And a case of beer. And some single malt.
They are out there!!! I have one of them.:-)
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 12:43 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
They are out there!!! I have one of them.:-)
i have one too:-)
[Reply]
kuzi16 12:43 PM 07-31-2012
my wife supports the hobby in strange ways.

- she hates the smell
- she will smoke one with me now and again
- she hates the multitude of humidors
- she hates the money i spend
- she likes that it relaxes me
- she will go to the cigar shop with me now and again
- she will never buy me anything related to cigars
- she went to Nicaragua with me to tour factories.
- she never wants to talk about cigars.

so does she support me?
yes

and no.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 01:14 PM 07-31-2012
Where is the part of the pull that says He Hates It or He Loves It?

When I find a significant other I will add to the poll!! :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:58 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
:-)

I assumed (and it's QUITE an assumption) men that have SO's that smoke cigars would either be indifferent or very pleased. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:48 PM 07-31-2012
The whole thing's overrated. :-) :-)
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 10:50 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by kuzi16:
my wife supports the hobby in strange ways.

- she hates the smell
- she will smoke one with me now and again
- she hates the multitude of humidors
- she hates the money i spend
- she likes that it relaxes me
- she will go to the cigar shop with me now and again
- she will never buy me anything related to cigars
- she went to Nicaragua with me to tour factories.
- she never wants to talk about cigars.

so does she support me?
yes

and no.
she loves you enough to try and understand what cigar smoking means to you.. she knows you like cigars so she goes with you to the shop..trying to make you happy.. but she doesn't want to contribute to it as in purchasing any.. she went to nicaragua because that would make you happy.. it is confusing..but at least she doesn't say stop!! no more smoking...
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 10:51 AM 08-01-2012

i added my poll..i just changed it that the significant other for me is a man...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:49 AM 08-01-2012
Well let me explain a little better. My wife doesn't hate cigars, she hates the smell afterwards, she hates the health concerns that tobacco is known for, she hates the money that is sucked up by the lifestyle (It's not a hobby), she doesn't understand how I can meet somebody online and become friends, she thinks a 20 count humidor is plenty big... but she does understand how inportant cigars are to me and she sees how it relaxes me and she is understanding due to these things.
She is a great wife, I wouldn't trade her for the world (Not even for all of Dballs cigars).
[Reply]
363 11:54 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Well let me explain a little better. My wife doesn't hate cigars, she hates the smell afterwards, she hates the health concerns that tobacco is known for, she hates the money that is sucked up by the lifestyle (It's not a hobby), she doesn't understand how I can meet somebody online and become friends, she thinks a 20 count humidor is plenty big... but she does understand how inportant cigars are to me and she sees how it relaxes me and she is understanding due to these things.
She is a great wife, I wouldn't trade her for the world (Not even for all of Dballs cigars).
I agree, my wife is pretty much the same. She is happy that I have met people (online & off) and I have something to focus on. She gets mad at money spent but she deals :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 01:10 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
:-)

I assumed (and it's QUITE an assumption) men that have SO's that smoke cigars would either be indifferent or very pleased. :-)
It is all good. I did date a guy briefly that didn't think women shouldn't smoke cigars. Hence the briefly.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
The whole thing's overrated. :-) :-)
Only in your eyes!!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:11 PM 08-01-2012
Only in your eyes!!
Right, I am the only guy on Earth who thinks so. Put that to a test. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:14 PM 08-01-2012
I did date a guy briefly that didn't think women shouldn't smoke cigars. Hence the briefly.
Huh?
[Reply]
massphatness 01:20 PM 08-01-2012
Grace bought me my first cabinet humidor then was shocked(!) when it filled up. :-)

I wouldn't say she loves the hobby, but she's tremendously supportive of my "guy time". It doesn't hurt that Moe plies her with cannolis.

Very occasionally she'll sit on the deck with me smoking one her flavored cigars. I don't think she actually likes the cigar as much as she enjoys the bonding over a shared moment.

And she's the bestest herf hostess I could ask for. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:27 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Grace bought me my first cabinet humidor then was shocked(!) when it filled up. :-)
It's truly amazing how this works. They give you a nudge down the slope and then are surprised to see you heading down head first and hitting every damn rock and boulder along the way. :-)
[Reply]
chand 01:34 PM 08-01-2012
It would be nice if she would get to the "She hates it!" level. I could at least work with that.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:40 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by massphatness:
And she's the bestest herf hostess I could ask for. :-)
I'll second that emotion. :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 02:04 PM 08-01-2012
My wife tolerates my cigar smoking. She's pretty much middle-of-the-road when it comes to cigars. She niether loves them nor hates them.
[Reply]
tsolomon 06:12 AM 08-04-2012
My wife enjoys smoking cigars, so it's all good here.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
Up