Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 21
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Fans
Wanger 07:03 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by gargoyle:
i wonder if anyone will be dressed like jenn sterger. :-)
lmao!!!!!
[Reply]
kugie 06:15 AM 11-01-2010
Good game yesterday:-)
I thought that they played a good game and really showed that they are getting it together and starting to gel.:-)

I love the fact that Farve had to be carted off the field for 8 Stitches.

Not happy he got carted off. But he makes it sound like it was a Joe Theisman type injury.

6-1 best in the NFL
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:23 AM 11-01-2010
Defense getting better every game. I like what I am seeing from the Pats. For sure they are contenders for the AFC.

Jets showed their flaws, especially from a coaching/play perspective. Why they ran that last play instead of field goal is beyond me...
[Reply]
kugie 06:33 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Defense getting better every game. I like what I am seeing from the Pats. For sure they are contenders for the AFC.

Jets showed their flaws, especially from a coaching/play perspective. Why they ran that last play instead of field goal is beyond me...
Defense is getting better. Still getting beat on the side lines and some bad penalties. But they are tightening up.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:36 AM 11-01-2010
Why would that surprise you? He's the Drama Queen to end all drama queens in the NFL. LOL

Was yet again disappointed in my team yesterday, but I will not jump ship. #1) Chilly was outcoached (AGAIN). But then, even a jr. high coach could do that, let alone Belichick. #2) The defense has definitely taken a step backwards from the previous seasons, especially last year. They outgained them, and won the time of possession battle. Takes a special team to lose games when they do that. LOL Fire Chilly!!!!! (Should have been done a couple years ago, though).
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:40 AM 11-01-2010
Pats sitting on top with the best record in the NFL:-)
Yes sill a long way to go, but don't it feel good to piss off all the haters :-)
Farves press conference was pathetic :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:55 AM 11-01-2010
Great win vs Farve, Moss, Peterson and the rest of the Vikings.
Some thoughts:

Once again Belicheck out coached the opposition. Yes, I'm a Kool-Aid drinker.
Imagine what our running game would be like with a healthy Fred Taylor - I'm not disparaging either Green-Ellis or Woodhead, but give lots of Kudos to the offensive line. Great job by the big boys up front.
While passing out Kudos, the defensive line wasn't too bad on the goal line stance at the end of the half either. That stuff was great to see.
Wes Welker was the only starting receiver that Brady had yesterday who started last year (Tate was still recuperating) and now the Pats are atop the league. I wonder if the guy in the horseshoe hat could do that?
The defense is getting better every game. I still wish they would blitz more, but what do I know - Bill likes them playing soft.
Remember when the draft experts criticized Bill for drafting McCourty - how did you like that pick/steal he had, (2nd in 2 weeks).

I really like this team. They do not have the most talent in the league. They make mistakes and can be very frustrating at times, BUT-they play hard, they play with emotion, they never give up and they learn from their mistakes. Fun team to watch.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 11:40 AM 11-01-2010
What was up with the Moss post-game interview? :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 12:46 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Great win vs Farve, Moss, Peterson and the rest of the Vikings.
Some thoughts:

Once again Belicheck out coached the opposition. Yes, I'm a Kool-Aid drinker.
Imagine what our running game would be like with a healthy Fred Taylor - I'm not disparaging either Green-Ellis or Woodhead, but give lots of Kudos to the offensive line. Great job by the big boys up front.
While passing out Kudos, the defensive line wasn't too bad on the goal line stance at the end of the half either. That stuff was great to see.
Wes Welker was the only starting receiver that Brady had yesterday who started last year (Tate was still recuperating) and now the Pats are atop the league. I wonder if the guy in the horseshoe hat could do that?
The defense is getting better every game. I still wish they would blitz more, but what do I know - Bill likes them playing soft.
Remember when the draft experts criticized Bill for drafting McCourty - how did you like that pick/steal he had, (2nd in 2 weeks).

I really like this team. They do not have the most talent in the league. They make mistakes and can be very frustrating at times, BUT-they play hard, they play with emotion, they never give up and they learn from their mistakes. Fun team to watch.
True, but come on Brad Childress?

I don't think Bill really strained himself.

Does Minny not even bother with a guy in the booth?

Even Marvin Lewis wouldn't make that challenge call on the should-have-been-intercepted Brandon Tate catch in the first half.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 01:14 PM 11-01-2010
Moss loves the Pats so much, you think he will be asked back?
Vikes just waved him :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 01:19 PM 11-01-2010
Why do I think he is going to end up in Indy?
[Reply]
Wanger 01:27 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
True, but come on Brad Childress?

I don't think Bill really strained himself.

Does Minny not even bother with a guy in the booth?

Even Marvin Lewis wouldn't make that challenge call on the should-have-been-intercepted Brandon Tate catch in the first half.
Chilly couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. He gets outcoached EVERY game. Bill could have outcoached him with his eyes closed.

As for that goal-line stand, Chilly is known for bonehead calls like that...Run AWAY from your Pro-Bowl LG and LT...SMART move there, Major Dad. I am SO sick of him! Have not thought highly of him ever since I watched the idiocy that was his first season in MN. Last year they made it as far as they did despite him, not because of him!

Our (MN) D-line is not what it's supposed to be. I think that they read too much of their own hype, but it's possible that Father Time has caught up with Pat Williams, and that's affecting everything else. Of course, the missed tackles didn't help, either.

UGH!!!
[Reply]
Gargoyle 01:58 PM 11-01-2010
Pretty good deal... the Pats got a 3rd round pick and Moss played for the Vikings for 4 games. I wonder how many Vikings fans ran out and picked up the new "84" jerseys. The Moss shorts are now deeply discounted at 2 locations. :-)

It should be interesting to see where he lands. I wonder if the Jerry Jones makes a move... he's desparate! Plus he can realize his dream of landing Moss.
[Reply]
shilala 02:05 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
Pretty good deal... the Pats got a 3rd round pick and Moss played for the Vikings for 4 games. I wonder how many Vikings fans ran out and picked up the new "84" jerseys. The Moss shorts are now deeply discounted at 2 locations. :-)

It should be interesting to see where he lands. I wonder if the Jerry Jones makes a move... he's desparate! Plus he can realize his dream of landing Moss.
Iirc, the pats now have 2 first round, two second round, and two third round picks. They set themselves up because this was a "rebuilding year".
They're an amazing organization. It'll almost be a shame to see the Steelers step on them. :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:09 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Moss loves the Pats so much, you think he will be asked back?
Vikes just waived him :-)
I'm thinking Dallas... Jerry Jones is desperate
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:50 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
...SMART move there, Major Dad.
UGH!!!
ImageImage

I've never seen them in the same room! That literally had me lol'ing.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:03 PM 11-01-2010
Only way Moss will be back in Foxboro is if he buys a ticket.
Belichick got rid of all the bad apples and has taken back the locker room.
It's the Pats way or the highway:-)
[Reply]
chachee52 03:51 PM 11-01-2010
Wow, I understand that Moss had a couple of bad press conferences but to completely drop a guy because of it?
I can see Dallas, or even the Jets getting him.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:04 AM 11-02-2010
If Moss lands on the Jets or Saints, watch out. I believe just about anything at this point; Moss could be back in New England. Financially, he could tender a less expensive contract as he already owns a home here that is not an easy house to sell.

If all the other teams have a shot at him before New England, someone is going to take him. Moss sells tickets and jersey's, not to mention can score when the right system is in place.

This fiasco has really made Moss "grow up".
[Reply]
Bunker 07:44 AM 11-02-2010
I think Moss will only go to a team with a top 5 quarterback and a chance of winning in the playoffs.

So no Dallas.......... and no Jets :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up