Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 104
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 12:23 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Yeah it was. Gonna be a tough series all year. :-)
The Datsyuk goal was unbelivable! :-)

Marian Gaborik was placed on injured reserve because of an unspecified lower-body injury...the guy is fragile. :-)
Gophernut 09:25 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Marian Gaborik was placed on injured reserve because of an unspecified lower-body injury...the guy is fragile. :-)
He sure is. The Wild are playing well without him though. Other than the last three minutes of the Sabres game on Thursday.:-)
icehog3 10:34 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
He sure is. The Wild are playing well without him though. Other than the last three minutes of the Sabres game on Thursday.:-)
Yup...the Hawks played 2 good periods against the Wings last night....'taint enuf. :-)
icehog3 03:47 PM 10-27-2008
From ESPN.com:

Originally Posted by :
Marian Gaborik's agent, Ron Salcer, has gone to great lengths in recent days, including talking to ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun, to dispel what he says are misconceptions about how much money his client is looking for and/or been offered by the Minnesota Wild.

Fair enough. But who cares?

The issue isn't whether Gaborik is looking for $9 million or $10 million annually over six or seven or eight years; the bottom line is, he isn't worth a fraction of that. He's not worth it to the Wild, and unless another GM takes leave of his senses (hey, it happens more than one might imagine), no one will come close to giving Gaborik that kind of money.

Although immensely talented, Gaborik is injury-prone and has a history of disappearing come playoff time. Witness his spectacular fade last spring when he tallied just one assist in six games of the Wild's first-round loss to the Colorado Avalanche. In this salary-cap world, few teams can afford to pay a franchise player to perform at less than a franchise-player level, and they certainly can't afford to do that over seven or eight years.

As attractive as Gaborik's skills might be, his inability to lead the Minnesota Wild anywhere close to contention will be a giant red flag to every other team in the NHL. Or it should be. The good news for Minnesota GM Doug Risebrough is that his team has yet to lose in regulation while playing mostly without Gaborik, who is hurt again. That means there's little external pressure to move Gaborik in the near future. The bad news: At some point, Risebrough may end up having to dump the gimpy Slovak forward for far less than one might have imagined. Gaborik can become an unrestricted free agent in July.

Prefy 04:00 PM 10-27-2008
From ESPN.com:
My guess is the leafs trade a 1st rounder and a blue chip prospect for him and then sign him for 63 million over 8 years in the offseason.:-):-):-)
Gophernut 04:05 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Prefy:
My guess is the leafs trade a 1st rounder and a blue chip prospect for him and then sign him for 63 million over 8 years in the offseason.:-):-):-)
His injuries are hockey related though, so I don't know if he would fit in on the Blues. Of course I would take Erik Johnson for him even up right now!:-)
Prefy 07:32 PM 11-01-2008
WOW! the Habs pull off a crazy win tonight. Down 4-1 going into the third they come back with 4 consecutive goals for a 5-4 victory.
ahc4353 08:48 PM 11-01-2008
How the hell do you give up 5 goals in less than 5 minutes?

WTF! ?
Prefy 08:58 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

WTF! ?
Especially when its the Leafs!:-):-)
loki 09:10 PM 11-01-2008
wow 6-3 9 people scored a goal in the pens game today...ya not one player got more then one goal
gpugliese 11:20 PM 11-01-2008
Had on-the-glass seats at the Bruins/Stars game tonight, and got to watch the final scrum (with Avery and Lucic getting kicked out) develop right in front of us. Was cool to see ourselves on the nightly highlights... I'm in the blue jacket next to the guy in the white B's jersey, and got a decent amount of face time :-)
taltos 05:24 AM 11-02-2008
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
Had on-the-glass seats at the Bruins/Stars game tonight, and got to watch the final scrum (with Avery and Lucic getting kicked out) develop right in front of us. Was cool to see ourselves on the nightly highlights... I'm in the blue jacket next to the guy in the white B's jersey, and got a decent amount of face time :-)
I watched the replay of the game. Looks like the Bruins might be a team to contend with this year.:-)
stevefrench 05:30 AM 11-02-2008
Originally Posted by Prefy:
WOW! the Habs pull off a crazy win tonight. Down 4-1 going into the third they come back with 4 consecutive goals for a 5-4 victory.
Great win!:-)
stevefrench 05:37 AM 11-02-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

WTF! ?
I bet Valiquette was thinking shutout with less than 8 minutes in the game. It looked like the Rangers tried to protect their lead and skated around like six goalies. Never works.
icehog3 11:19 AM 11-03-2008
Watched the Wings - Canucks game from Vancouver last night.

Before the games second face-off, the PA system was playing Kiss' "Detroit Rock City". I thought that was a rather odd choice. :-)
Gophernut 03:12 PM 11-03-2008
Watched the Wings - Canucks game from Vancouver last night.

Before the games second face-off, the PA system was playing Kiss' "Detroit Rock City". I thought that was a rather odd choice. :-)
Be like them playing New York, New York at the Xcel when the Wild play the Rangers.:-) It is a curious choice of music.
icehog3 11:18 AM 11-04-2008
Quick note to (Smokey)Joe.....been meaning to post this since 3 games ago, but it is even more meaningful now.

Andrew Ladd has played 5 solid games in a row after being moved to the 3rd line, and I think he is solid in a roster spot at this point, 2 goals and 3 points last night, named the game's #1 Star. I am really impressed with the way he has stepped up....thought you would like to know. :-)
stevefrench 08:16 PM 11-04-2008
It looks like Brodeur will be out for awhile. He's supposed to have surgery on thursday and will be sidelined until at least February after tearing a distal biceps in his left elbow last weekend. Ouch.
Tough break, Tom.
icehog3 11:36 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by stevefrench:
It looks like Brodeur will be out for awhile. He's supposed to have surgery on thursday and will be sidelined until at least February after tearing a distal biceps in his left elbow last weekend. Ouch.
Tough break, Tom.
That happens....tougher break for the Devils than for me though. :-)
SmokeyJoe 12:29 AM 11-05-2008
Quick note to (Smokey)Joe.....been meaning to post this since 3 games ago, but it is even more meaningful now.

Andrew Ladd has played 5 solid games in a row after being moved to the 3rd line, and I think he is solid in a roster spot at this point, 2 goals and 3 points last night, named the game's #1 Star. I am really impressed with the way he has stepped up....thought you would like to know. :-)
Thanks, Tom! Nice to get the close-up observation from a fan.
Hope he keeps up the effort. He has the ability... and seems like a good guy.

I was sorry to hear about Martin Brodeur - he is a legend. Hope he can come back from this.

Glad my Hurricanes were able to hang on, after yacking up the lead and going into overtime. Toronto showed some grit. Interesting season so far. :-)
Page 5 of 104
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
Up