Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
General Discussion>Blackberry Storm
barbourjay 01:18 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Haven't heard good things yet :-)
my free one will be here tomorrow along with our first shipment. i can probably do a good price but let me play with it first so that you guys don't waste your $.
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:19 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Spect:
Ouch, that review gutted it.
Ouch is right... damn... they ripped it apart. I think future patches will fix most of the problems that they are talking about so I'm not too worried about that... and overall I think this phone should still be fun to use... might have to swing by a Verizon store tomorrow and play with one...
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:19 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
my free one will be here tomorrow along with our first shipment. i can probably do a good price but let me play with it first so that you guys don't waste your $.
Awesome... I am still pretty sure I want one, but it would be nice to know how good the phone is or isn't...:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:09 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Awesome... I am still pretty sure I want one, but it would be nice to know how good the phone is or isn't...:-)
Wonder how it compares to the I-Phone? Hook 'Em, Bro! My Alma Mater!:-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 08:53 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Wonder how it compares to the I-Phone? Hook 'Em, Bro! My Alma Mater!:-)
Nice... I am jealous... I wish I could have gone to UT but it just wasn't in the cards. If I ever do my grad work I will go there or die trying!! :-)

as for comparison to the iphone I think there is a few reviews hitting the net now...
[Reply]
Spect 11:53 PM 11-20-2008
Another review:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-storm-review/
[Reply]
longknocker 04:17 AM 11-21-2008
Another review:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-storm-review/
Very Good Review! Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
Spect 09:11 AM 11-21-2008
The VZW website is hammered. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:46 AM 11-21-2008
Both very good reviews....I'm not a crackberry addict, kinda a casual user so it's still somewhat appealing to me. I'll have to check it out in the store. We've got to go and upgrade mrsreindeer today anyway.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 11:30 AM 11-21-2008
Hey barbourjay - If I do end up pickin' up a Storm through you, can I transfer all my data I currently have on my Treo 700p over?
[Reply]
barbourjay 11:36 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Hey barbourjay - If I do end up pickin' up a Storm through you, can I transfer all my data I currently have on my Treo 700p over?
if you have it synced with outlook it shouldn't be a problem.
[Reply]
dunng 11:37 AM 11-21-2008
I think I'm passing... I use it all day long for work and after reading a few reviews, it does not seem to be the right fit yet. :-)
[Reply]
Spect 02:51 PM 11-21-2008
There is a list of reviews on this site: http://crackberry.com/verizon-blackb...review-roundup

From reading only my perception is the software is crapola. Add a few patches and things might be substantially better.

Any impressions yet Jeremy?
[Reply]
longknocker 03:57 PM 11-21-2008
There is a list of reviews on this site: http://crackberry.com/verizon-blackb...review-roundup

From reading only my perception is the software is crapola. Add a few patches and things might be substantially better.

Just saw my friend's brand new I-phone! This seems like the way to go! Great reception and Wi-Fi that the Storm doesn't have!
[Reply]
Spect 04:11 PM 11-21-2008
Just saw my friend's brand new I-phone! This seems like the way to go! Great reception and Wi-Fi that the Storm doesn't have!

Too bad it's only on AT&T, I want a solid network.
[Reply]
barbourjay 04:30 PM 11-21-2008

it's taking them forever to activate my dealer line on it. they said monday because of all the stupid orders waiting in que. we get the shaft and you guys get it done instantly.

i've had the chance to play with a few, it's a really neat media player. i think i will miss the speed typing of my pearl though. we shall see.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:37 PM 11-21-2008
Too bad it's only on AT&T, I want a solid network.
Interesting. My friend was in Miami, using his Blackberry Pearl on verizon network and had 4 dropped calls! He switched immediately to AT&T with his new I-Phone and had no further problems.
[Reply]
zmancbr 05:01 PM 11-21-2008
Interesting. My friend was in Miami, using his Blackberry Pearl on verizon network and had 4 dropped calls! He switched immediately to AT&T with his new I-Phone and had no further problems.
I am betting that it is that crappy gay pearl and not Verizon... I am not saying it couldn't have happened on Verizon's network... but I am saying that the pearl is the biggest piece of ever loving crap!!! I have one and I get dropped calls constantly in areas with Tmobile that I shouldn't be getting dropped...
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:16 AM 11-22-2008
Got a chance to play with it in stores yesterday. Was kind of slow in the reactions and changing to the different modes. I think it can be a good device, I feel like they def rushed it out
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:25 AM 11-22-2008
I think it all depends on you location. I have had a Pearl for over a year now on the Verizon network and have had no problems at all.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up