Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 14
« First < 345 67 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?
galaga 11:24 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Cremosa Cubana, hands down. :-)

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

For those of you who weren't on CS back in 2005, Dave had a contest to see which cigar was worse, a Cremosa or a Tamboril. This was my entry after trying both cigars:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
:-) No question although my Tamboril was worse than the Cremosa but I don't want to even look at either one again. The Gurkha Legend in the pppp was really horrible at SH IV too.

Those three stick out as the worst.

No Dave loved 'em....Can't remember which one he liked best though. (Ignore the red look on his face, he's just using the outdoor facilities....:-))
Attached: galaga69io.jpg (89.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:31 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
No, not really.

Now, if it were Liquid-Plumr, that's something I could get behind.
Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:40 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*. :-)
Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:49 AM 08-16-2010
Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...
Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 11:58 AM 08-16-2010
Maroma.....gave the box away
[Reply]
T.G 12:08 PM 08-16-2010
Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.
*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:16 PM 08-16-2010
*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.
I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:28 PM 08-16-2010
Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.
[Reply]
T.G 12:30 PM 08-16-2010
I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.
Heh. I've done that before too.

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:36 PM 08-16-2010
Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:37 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.
Equus is Latin for "horse" so...
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:41 PM 08-16-2010

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.
[Reply]
T.G 02:36 PM 08-16-2010
Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.
Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:47 PM 08-16-2010
1. Acid Kuba Kuba
2. Bucanero red label
[Reply]
longknocker 03:53 PM 08-16-2010

Wow!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner For That Feat, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
acarr 03:55 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.
Blasphemy! I have to say a Gurkha Legend is the worst.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:55 PM 08-16-2010
Anything from CFO
[Reply]
Subvet642 05:34 PM 08-16-2010
Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?
What went wrong was they were delivered. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 05:36 PM 08-16-2010
*puts on flame suit*

I am sure i will get a lot of $hit for this post. But I don't like anything from DPG.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:46 PM 08-16-2010
Thompson's Iguana. A Candela (and very very green candela at that) wrapped cigar. Kind of tasted like a burning iguana.

I don't remember why I bought these. Must have been Thompson's spiffy catalog, plus I thought green cigars looked cool.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up