Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
General Discussion>Crushed.
Wolfgang 02:40 PM 07-10-2010
Dam straight! I havent had so much fun in years. the pressure is dissipating as I float to the surface after letting go of the anchor.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:24 PM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Dam straight! I havent had so much fun in years. the pressure is dissipating as I float to the surface after letting go of the anchor.
Great to hear! I hope things continue to look up for you. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:16 PM 09-13-2010
How are things going, bro?
[Reply]
Chingas 09:35 PM 09-13-2010
Great question Joe!

How is our good friend Mark doing?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:47 AM 09-14-2010
Im fantastic. Back in school and now overloaded with homework and weekly quizzes. As for the love life. Lindsey the origional lady ended up seeking me back out. Things arent the same but I feel they have evolved into a more stable relationship. I have also made many new good friends already here at USF which really surprised me being that we are only a month into classes. I also just moved and live a mile away from Tampa Humidor one of the major smokeries in Tampa.
[Reply]
OLS 07:58 AM 09-14-2010
Wait wait wait...I need to go back and read the other pages, but you went BACK to the one
that dumped you?
Or the woman you had BEFORE the one that dumped you?
Never ever go back to a woman that dumps you. That's rule 6. Once they make a call
like that, they can never be trusted again, and it will be another stake to the chest at
some later date. I am sure I am not reading this right, so forgive me, but no sirree, never
give a dumper a second chance. Watch some movies where the woman realizes she
made a mistake and tries to slither back into the life of the protagonist. Makes my
skin crawl. Especially the ones that cheat, then try to hold onto the money man after
they get caught cheating.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:05 AM 09-14-2010
I see where you are coming from but for now in this situation that doesn't apply.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:05 AM 09-14-2010
Im fantastic. Back in school and now overloaded with homework and weekly quizzes. As for the love life. Lindsey the origional lady ended up seeking me back out. Things arent the same but I feel they have evolved into a more stable relationship. I have also made many new good friends already here at USF which really surprised me being that we are only a month into classes. I also just moved and live a mile away from Tampa Humidor one of the major smokeries in Tampa.
Glad things are looking up, BEAST! Be safe, and enjoy school!
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:14 PM 08-07-2011
Hey guys. Took a year but you were right. Happy she's gone sad it took so long lol
[Reply]
pnoon 10:15 PM 08-07-2011
Hey guys. Took a year but you were right. Happy she's gone sad it took so long lol
:-)
When one door closes, another one opens.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:16 PM 08-07-2011
Yes But its hard to remove the mark from where it hit her on the way out. /sadpanda
[Reply]
KidRock 10:42 PM 08-07-2011
[quote=kenstogie;905596]I recently broke up with a steady of a couple years and in my ripe old age of 39 ended it before it got to the yelling stage, I would like to think were still friends and we still talk every once in a while.

Don't be sad that it ended but happy that it happened.

I am sure there was some good that came of it after all you were with her for a while so there must've been some love there. 22 is kind of young (at least is was for me) and there still some stuff to be learned. In fact at 39 there's still stuff to be learned.

That is some stellar stuff there. Thats some solid advice!
[Reply]
bruceolee 10:02 AM 08-08-2011
In my experience, you never truly get over it and at the risk of sounding like a springsteen song you learn to carry it with you. eventually, like many rough moments in life you get used to the pain and eventually forget it to a point. The hurt never goes away for good and anyone that says it does is in denial. thats just my opinion and in my experience it's the truth
[Reply]
Stephen 11:27 AM 08-08-2011
Well, My dog just died at the age of 15. That should keep my mind off things.
You and your girlfriend broke up AND your dog died? You're a living, breathing country song...
[Reply]
Stephen 11:37 AM 08-08-2011
It took awhile for you to learn the lesson, but in the end, recycling rarely works out.
[Reply]
Kneo 01:06 PM 08-08-2011
I dated a girl from the time I was 14 to the time I was 24. Ten years and she meant the world to me. At the time I would have given anything to be with her forever and at times I think about her and think about how things could have been.

I took the breakup really hard back then, stopped eating and sleeping. I wasn't fun to be around and was just plain miserable. But as time went on I started to get over it and went on with my life. A part of me will always miss her, but I look at my life now and realize how much better I have it.

I have a great wife and two beautiful daughters who mean the world to me. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

In the end it will all work out how it is supposed to be.

In the words of Garth Brooks "Thank God For Unanswered Prayers"
[Reply]
E.J. 01:43 PM 08-08-2011
Looks like things worked out for the best, minus your dog.

Have to admit, only scanned pages one, two and 5....so not sure this has been mentioned.

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone in a current relationship at this age or that was in one at that age that continues to this day, good for both sets of individuals.....

BUT, IMO....at your age you should be sniffing more strange tail than a mutt at the worlds largest dog park...ESPECIALLY if you are going to school, which may be the most target rich environment any 18-24 year old male will ever set foot on. It is just one man’s opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:35 PM 08-08-2011
Having your heart broken is really hurts. Having said that I gotta tell you that it's gotta happen before you find the best partner. I found pictures of the love of my life naked in a hotel room. I had not taken them. Ouch. I spent a couple years being a sad sack, then realized that I'm so much better off without her.

Listen to the brother's advice. You'll be fine. (Be sure to keep your eyes open!) I found my bride at a keg party playing quarters for a grad school going away party. 20 years later life is great. She can't cook, but I can spend all I want on cigars.:-)

If I hadn't kept my eyes open I may not have spotted her. You will never know when you may find the one. I wish you the best of luck and don't do anything serious until you're 25 or older. That's the best advice I ever got.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 04:22 PM 08-08-2011
Thank you all. Keep in mind this thread is over a year old now. It sucked a year ago we got back together and just recently parted ways again. At the moment Im out and about doing all the things i couldnt with the ball and chain. Life is good.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 04:32 PM 08-08-2011
Thank you all. Keep in mind this thread is over a year old now. It sucked a year ago we got back together and just recently parted ways again. At the moment Im out and about doing all the things i couldnt with the ball and chain. Life is good.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up