« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Sports>Who's ready for the World Cup?
GreekGodX 07:56 AM 06-18-2010
No Greek girls? :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:58 AM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
A cute Dutch supporter

Did I ever mention to you Ferdinan that I like the Dutch:-)

[Reply]
md4958 08:03 AM 06-18-2010
GO USA!!!

[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:27 AM 06-18-2010
Watching now at 'work'.
I must say, that goal was nice.
Juked the defender out of his socks.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:01 AM 06-18-2010
Brazil has my favorite team (and women). No one opens up the field like they do and every player is a star. So are many of the fans!

[Reply]
Pistol 10:03 AM 06-18-2010
The US got absolutely jobbed by the refs
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:04 AM 06-18-2010
Excellent game this morning. The US was robbed of that third goal, there was no offsides. When are they instituting replay? Damn refs.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:11 AM 06-18-2010
Why pick a ref from Mali for such an important game? That's like picking an ump from Mali for the World Serious! This guy was horrible, and he certainly didn't waste any time to end the game! Hopefully he is done for the duration.
[Reply]
md4958 10:41 AM 06-18-2010
[Reply]
tomc3084 10:44 AM 06-18-2010
I cannot believe that call that dumbass ref made!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:30 AM 06-18-2010
more girls
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:40 AM 06-18-2010
Just saw the highlights, what a disgrace indeed. Dempsey should have been sent off after the elbow in the first minute, and the last goal should have counted. You win some, you lose some.
[Reply]
kazzaca 11:44 AM 06-18-2010
All part of the World Cup fun! Good plays, lots of drama, and terrible officiating!!!!
[Reply]
kazzaca 12:01 PM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Why pick a ref from Mali for such an important game? That's like picking an ump from Mali for the World Serious! This guy was horrible, and he certainly didn't waste any time to end the game! Hopefully he is done for the duration.
Actually from a soccer perspective USA v Slovenia is not really a big match. Neither team are expected to make it too far in the tournament.

I agree that he did suck though...the question is how he qualified to ref ANY game at the World Cup.
[Reply]
tomc3084 01:02 PM 06-18-2010
Did you guys see that face plant Dempsey took at the end, that was mean looking
[Reply]
md4958 01:47 PM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by kazzaca:
Actually from a soccer perspective USA v Slovenia is not really a big match. Neither team are expected to make it too far in the tournament.

I agree that he did suck though...the question is how he qualified to ref ANY game at the World Cup.
unless youre a USA or Slovenia fan!

This ref apparently was more than qualified... he just blew some calls. I heard he had ref'd the African World of Nations Cup, and some other high profile matches.

The ref in this morning Germany game was brutal... he was dishing out yellow cards like they were post it notes.
[Reply]
md4958 01:55 PM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
No Greek girls? :-)
Christos, this is the only one I could find that didnt have hairy armpits :-):-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:54 PM 06-18-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Christos, this is the only one I could find that didnt have hairy armpits :-):-):-)
Is that Effie?
[Reply]
kazzaca 10:38 AM 06-19-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
would this Argentinian guy be her brother?

It's Maradona! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:22 AM 06-19-2010
Nah, if it was Maradona, he would have a cigar in his mouth too

and this is a funny story (january 2009) about Maradona and his cigar

Originally Posted by :
His love of gigantic Cuban cigars is almost as well-documented as his legendary footballing prowess.

But football icon Diego Maradona's smoking habit has been blamed for triggering the fire alarm at a luxury hotel in Manchester that forced 200 guests to be evacuated.

Among the well-heeled guests left shivering outside the Radisson Edwardian hotel in sub-zero temperatures early on Sunday morning was the entire Chelsea team, who were there to play Manchester Utd later that day.

Maradona, the current Argentina coach and one of the world's greatest ever players, had been staying on the 14th floor of the hotel.

Today mystery surrounded the alarm which forced Chelsea stars John Terry, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard to stand for 40 minutes in the freezing temperatures.

An eyewitness told The Sun: "I saw most of Chelsea outside shivering. It wasn't the best preparation for a vital game."

Officially a spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire Service said that the alarm had been due to a fault with the system.

But a fireman at the scene told The Sun that the alarm had been activated because Maradona, 48, and his entourage had been smoking cigars in their rooms.

Today, the hotel's manager, Steven Miles, also denied that the football star had caused the alarm.

Radisson Edwardian

The luxury Radisson Edwardian hotel in Manchester where Chelsea players were evacuated following a fire alarm on Saturday

After their early morning wake-up call Chelsea went on to be beaten 3-0 by Manchester Utd at Old Trafford later that day.

Maradona was in town to cast his eye over Manchester United player Carlos Tevez, but the 24-year-old striker did not take part in the game.

Believed by some to be the greatest footballer to ever play the game - better even than Pele - Diego Maradona has led a rather eventful life.

The star of the Argentina team that won the 1986 World Cup Maradona gained notoriety for his 'Hand of God' goal against England when he punched the ball into the net.

In an interview afterwards he said the goal had been a result of 'a little bit of the head of Maradona and a little bit the hand of God.'

He was suspended from football for 15 months in 1991 after failing a doping test for cocaine in Italy and was sent home from the 1994 World Cup in disgrace for taking steroids.

After retiring from football Maradona ballooned in size and only survived due to a stomach-stapling operation in 2005.

An icon in Argentina he now has his own TV chat show and was a controversial choice to be the national team's new manager earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0rJwATzHa

[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up