Page 5 of 16
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
General Discussion>iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards
Mugen910 01:06 PM 04-08-2010
Mytouch - Not Bad
G1 - I love having a real keyboard
HTC HD2 - no exp
Samsung Behold 2 - no exp
Motorola Cliq - Very heavy and OS hasn't update.
AD720 01:14 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Just went to T-Mobile, my phone choices are:

Mytouch
G1
HTC HD2
Samsung Behold 2
Motorola Cliq

Are there the expert opinions on these?
I'm not an expert on T-Mobile phones but I know the g-1 has been around for a while. It's bulky compared to the iPhone as well. I have hear good things about the MyTouch 3g (it runs Android).
CigarNut 01:30 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
So is anyone else following the iPhone 4.0 sneak peak? ...
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/l...est&refresh=60 ...
Do they have an ETA?
mosesbotbol 01:33 PM 04-08-2010

Mytouch
G1
HTC HD2
Samsung Behold 2
Motorola Cliq

This list is based on the one feature I just love on the iPhone - Visual Voicemail. I could never go back to dialing my queue.
Mugen910 01:36 PM 04-08-2010
What is the diff with iPhone Visual VM and Google Voice?
marge796 01:43 PM 04-08-2010
This question may have already been answered and I missed it so here I go. I'll be home in May and I want to drop my sprint phone and get an iphone. Will the new iphone 4.0 be out by the end of May?

Thanks,

Chris.....
shilala 01:46 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
This question may have already been answered and I missed it so here I go. I'll be home in May and I want to drop my sprint phone and get an iphone. Will the new iphone 4.0 be out by the end of May?

Thanks,

Chris.....
Not till summer, Chris. That probably means late September.
AD720 01:47 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Not till summer, Chris. That probably means late September.

:-) Or X-Mass.
shilala 01:48 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
:-) Or X-Mass.
lol. Yup. There's that, too. :-)
marge796 01:49 PM 04-08-2010
Thanks guys, I might just hold off until the end of the year to upgrade my sprint phone.

:-)

Chris.....
mosesbotbol 02:41 PM 04-08-2010
June has been the tradition for new phone released from June. Does not mean it is written in stone...
AD720 02:45 PM 04-08-2010
Moses is the Behold 2 an option?

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33775406.html

Seems nice. My last phone was a Samsung and, like I said, the hardware was excellent.
mithrilG60 03:04 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Do they have an ETA?
They are quoting a release date of "summer" for iPhone OS 4.0. Note that this is just the operating system they're talking about, there has been no announcement for the iPhone model that will replace the 3Gs yet. If Apple's patter hold's true, that will likely happen in June.
The Poet 03:17 PM 04-08-2010
My total Apple experience is limited to surfing a little on a friend's MacBook, and I have never owned any cellphone of any type. But I noticed the "Thumbs Down" rating this thread got, so looked to see the reason. For the life of me, I can't find one - unless Steve Jobs is a CA member.

All I'll say is, when an outsider like myself compares specs and price of Apple against other products, one wonders who would pay twice as much for half the product. That would make it four times better, and I find that hard to believe.

Oh, BTW, my Apple friend mentioned above now owns a PC laptop.
Kreth 03:23 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
But I noticed the "Thumbs Down" rating this thread got, so looked to see the reason. For the life of me, I can't find one - unless Steve Jobs is a CA member.
The Apple faithful are probably not happy that anyone would dare question the glory that is the iPhone. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
LasciviousXXX 03:25 PM 04-08-2010
Hey hey now!!!! Are you implying that Iphone isn't worthy of such glory???? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I love my Iphone :-)
wolfandwhisky 03:37 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
The Apple faithful are probably not happy that anyone would dare question the glory that is the iPhone. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

You're just not cool if you own a Thinkpad/PC, Android, Blackberry, or Zune.
King James 03:39 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't see very many, if any, "fanboy" statements in this thread, just people explaining why they do like the iphone.

I sometimes think the PC or Palm fans are more guilty of the fanboyisms then they let on :-)

In fact there really isn't any bashing going on from iphone users against other products, only from that side against apple
spectrrr 03:50 PM 04-08-2010

Mytouch
G1
HTC HD2
Samsung Behold 2
Motorola Cliq

awwww.. shucks, I was just about to jump in the fray with a whole hearted endorsement of the moto droid. :-)
mosesbotbol 03:51 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Hey hey now!!!! Are you implying that Iphone isn't worthy of such glory???? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I love my Iphone :-)
In general, I enjoyed my iPhone except for a few things. The self learning dictionary is horrible. Spell a word wrong and it remembers it, there's no way to get rid of it unless you wipe out the whole phone. Real clever idea from Apple. If T-Mobile gets the iPhone with full functions (Visual Voicemail), I would consider the next one that comes out this summer.

The iPhone was the first of a phone I had been waiting forever for; touchscreen with a nice UI. For that, it was worth it, but just like Personal Computer from IBM, it wasn't the end, just the beginning. How many are using IBM desktops now? Not that they are bad, they are not.
Page 5 of 16
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up