Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
All Cigar Discussion>Junk customer service at cheap humidors
Chris. 05:06 PM 12-22-2009
I've never ordered from them before. I've been tempted by the imperfects, but there is no way of knowing what is imperfect about them, so I avoided it. I think I bought my cedar trays from them though. 2 out of 4 were glued poorly together, but that's not an issue really. Otherwise they were fine. They answered my emails and questions about the problem promptly as well. It sounds to me like they made good efforts to satisfy a customer.
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 03:07 PM 12-30-2009
This has got to be one of the most bizarre, funny, and entertaining threads I'ev had the distinct pleasure to read. Man o' man. I spit my coffee out on my beautiful dual 29 inch monitors. Thats gunna suck to clean off.

So this is how I see it. We sent an item, it didn't get there in perfect condition. So, as a retailer, and a man of integrity, not to mention devilishly handsom this is what we offered. 1) pick the item up and offer a full refund, 2) pick the item up and send a replacement, or 3) you keep the item and we give you a discount. I think either of those options is pretty fair. However to be called out on those options as being not sufficient doesnt seem fair to me. It isn't like I had somebody in the warehouse jump on the thing before it was sent. It also traveled like 1500 miles, so ya know, poo happens. We were trying to help without the customer incurring any costs. Now, as for the duties thing, and reducing the price on the invoice and "falsifying documents" so the customer pays less, well, you know, I don't want people to have to pay more than they want for customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc, but I also can't jeapordize my company or the 10 people who work for me so somebody can save $40, so matter how much I like them. That isn't to say that sometimes things might "slip" through the cracks :-)

Anways, this thread has taken its own turn, twist and path. I hope I cleared some things up. But as always, feel free to gimme a shout anytime at my personal email addy dave at cheaphumidors.com

Healthy and Happy New Year to you all
[Reply]
floydpink 03:53 PM 12-30-2009
I've bought 2 humidors from Cheaphumidors and found them to be first rate.

Pvff on the other hand, did me like a cheap whore.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:03 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:

Pvff on the other hand, did me like a cheap whore.
Pete,
Sounds to me like it boils down to money.
If Pvff had paid you well, thereby raising your "whore" status, to say perhaps a $5,000 an hour one, sounds like you would have been fine.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
weak_link 05:27 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by CheapHumidors:
This has got to be one of the most bizarre, funny, and entertaining threads I'ev had the distinct pleasure to read. Man o' man. I spit my coffee out on my beautiful dual 29 inch monitors. Thats gunna suck to clean off.

So this is how I see it. We sent an item, it didn't get there in perfect condition. So, as a retailer, and a man of integrity, not to mention devilishly handsom this is what we offered. 1) pick the item up and offer a full refund, 2) pick the item up and send a replacement, or 3) you keep the item and we give you a discount. I think either of those options is pretty fair. However to be called out on those options as being not sufficient doesnt seem fair to me. It isn't like I had somebody in the warehouse jump on the thing before it was sent. It also traveled like 1500 miles, so ya know, poo happens. We were trying to help without the customer incurring any costs. Now, as for the duties thing, and reducing the price on the invoice and "falsifying documents" so the customer pays less, well, you know, I don't want people to have to pay more than they want for customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc, but I also can't jeapordize my company or the 10 people who work for me so somebody can save $40, so matter how much I like them. That isn't to say that sometimes things might "slip" through the cracks :-)

Anways, this thread has taken its own turn, twist and path. I hope I cleared some things up. But as always, feel free to gimme a shout anytime at my personal email addy dave at cheaphumidors.com

Hard for me to find anything wrong with that kind of customer service.

ps// my butt itches. BAD.
[Reply]
floydpink 05:30 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Pete,
Sounds to me like it boils down to money.
If Pvff had paid you well, thereby raising your "whore" status, to say perhaps a $5,000 an hour one, sounds like you would have been fine.:-):-):-)
Have you seen the whores on pvff doing interviews at Havana Humidor? Obviously they ain't paying their whores much.

Not sure if 5 grand would bring me back to my whoring days, but I might be tempted to go back to Rio for a week on "business".
[Reply]
joeobx 05:54 PM 12-30-2009
When I was looking for my new humidor I did a lot of searching and there were a couple of sites that were cheaper, but after calling and speaking to Dave himself I was sold......nuff said:-)
[Reply]
Chris. 07:15 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by CheapHumidors:

You can't ask for better customer service. It's the OP's fault for ordering the thing when he had such a close "deadline" to meet.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:32 PM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by weak_link:
ps// my butt itches. BAD.
You will be hearing from my copyright attorney.

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 08:27 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You will be hearing from my copyright attorney.

:-) :-) :-)
You're like the Paris Hilton of the Asylum! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:03 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
Looks like I will have to fight Tom for that title as I have the picture to prove it.:-):-):-)

[Reply]
Resipsa 10:24 AM 12-31-2009
Looks like I will have to fight Tom for that title as I have the picture to prove it.:-):-):-)

I think I'm Blind.

You'll be hearing from my personal injury attorney...
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
That would make you Nicole Richie? :-) :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:46 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That would make you Nicole Richie? :-) :-)
If the shoe fits....:-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 11:11 AM 12-31-2009
Happy New Year!!!

Where did I put my tinfoil hat?
[Reply]
bobarian 11:33 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I think I'm Blind.

You'll be hearing from my personal injury attorney...
That's got to be one of the spookiest chop's I have seen! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:47 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
That's got to be one of the spookiest chop's I have seen! :-)
I was having a bad hair day.:-)
[Reply]
WyoBob 09:54 PM 12-31-2009

Man ------ not even with four bags:-)

WyoBob
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:07 AM 01-01-2010
i'm a fan of cheaphumidors.com

i'm not a fan of pvff.com

still trying to figure out what the OP means by **itch and *****ed... :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up