Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 13
« First < 345 67 > Last »
General Discussion>Let's see those '09 gardens
HK3- 08:48 PM 06-23-2009
Very nice garden Lance! :-) Never done artichokes before so I'm really looking forward to learning this process and seeing how yours grow.

Mrsledn- Varmits! Arrrrrrrg! :-) Looking foward to seeing your pictures.
[Reply]
MrsSledn 09:54 AM 06-24-2009
Okay, so it's a HOT one out there already. But I took some pictures.

Temp on the deck at 9:30am. And yes, it's friggin hot out there...

Nothing too outstanding like some of your gardens. But for our little family of three, this should be good. It was a challenage for me having a garden this small since Sledn and I had some huge gardens in the past.

One of our strawberries that are changing color already.

A couple tomatoes. Still babies.

Green Beans are growing really well. Just wish there were more of them.
[Reply]
MrsSledn 10:03 AM 06-24-2009
Post number 2... LOL

The Peanut plants that some varmit chewed up. Although there was a sign of hope this morning. Some flowers are blossoming on one of them.

New flower garden Sledn and I put in this year.

Another new, little, area we put in this year. Hummingbirds and butterflies like it.

View of the deck all decked out... It's time to cut the grass too!

The famous gazebo that was crushed in the winter from the heavy snow. Wes was able to fix it. Great thing! So many memories of all the BOTL and SOTL throughout the years having a great time under there.
[Reply]
HK3- 10:47 AM 06-24-2009
Great pictures Cathy. Thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:10 AM 06-24-2009
Man, I love this thread! Awesome job out there, folks. Gardening is time consuming, but the benefits are so much greater.

Bandwidth be damned, here goes some shots from this morning. I'm off today and was doing some yard work and kept thinking, this would make a pretty pic, so inside to grab the camera.

[Reply]
jjirons69 11:11 AM 06-24-2009

[Reply]
jjirons69 11:11 AM 06-24-2009

[Reply]
MrsSledn 11:33 AM 06-24-2009
Thanks Harold.

Jamie, Awesome shots!
[Reply]
HK3- 05:16 PM 06-24-2009
Looking at that picture.... I can smell the Magnolia flower all the way up here! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:28 PM 06-24-2009
Growing like crazy with all the rain!
Attached: corn6.jpg (121.9 KB) 
[Reply]
HK3- 08:36 PM 06-24-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Growing like crazy with all the rain!
Very nice!

I hear it's supposed to be "knee high by the 4th of July." The corn across the street from us is already waist high! Must be a good year.
[Reply]
GoodFella 08:41 PM 06-24-2009
wow guys that is some nice plants. the only thing im growning is 1 roma and 1 mint plant. next up is maybe 1 bell pepper and a cucumber. only my girl and i so we dont need much and the mint is for mojitos duh:-) i keep them in pots so i can put them out and bring them in
[Reply]
HK3- 08:46 PM 06-24-2009
Originally Posted by GoodFella:
wow guys that is some nice plants. the only thing im growning is 1 roma and 1 mint plant. next up is maybe 1 bell pepper and a cucumber. only my girl and i so we dont need much and the mint is for mojitos duh:-) i keep them in pots so i can put them out and bring them in
Shoot some photos when you get the chance. It's only two of us in my family but I'm just an extremist. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 10:18 AM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Very nice!

I hear it's supposed to be "knee high by the 4th of July." The corn across the street from us is already waist high! Must be a good year.
Yup- much higher than that. But, was planted earlier than many other fields I've seen. Next pic I'll hafta have Mrs hotreds stand in the field for some perspective.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:48 AM 06-25-2009
Gotta start 'em young...
3 years old.
[Reply]
MrsSledn 12:46 PM 06-25-2009
Lance, those pics are too CUTE! My 6 year old loves "his" garden so much!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:09 AM 06-28-2009
Getting some nice blooms on our daylilies. Doesn't quite qualify as "gardening," since I haven't done anything to these plants since putting the bulbs in the ground a few years ago. But that's my kind of gardening!

A Chicago Apache:

And two unknown varieties (I think the first might be a Holy Moses.)

[Reply]
jjirons69 10:25 AM 06-29-2009
Nice, Gerard. And, yes, you're right. Putting bulbs in the ground a few years ago is not gardening. This is your one pass. Now go get them hands dirty.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:45 PM 06-29-2009
Nice flowers Gerard :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 04:36 AM 07-01-2009
Did a little weeding in the garden yesterday evening after work. Looks like I may be picking a boat load of jalepenos and hot banana peppers by the weekend. A few more asparagus spears have come up while some have wilted and died before even turning into ferns. Also noticed three beef steak tomatoes that may turn red by the weekend.

Anyone got any updates?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up