Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Sports>ALDS 2010: Yankees vs Twins
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:28 AM 10-09-2010
Hopefully the Yankees hold down the Twinkies.

[Reply]
yourchoice 11:12 AM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
So true, Joel. Yet I must submit that, were I in your spikes, I'd be more concerned about your Phillies than my Yankees. Just sayin'. :-)
The Phils are the only thing I'm worried about. :-) Have to play whoever is in front of you, "One game at a time". I'm still enjoying the others series though.

FWIW I picked before all of the divisional series started, Yankees, Rangers, Giants and Phils. If that turns out to be true, I think both the NLCS and ALCS would be entertaining and close series. But, I know you don't like to "pick" series, Thomas. To each, his own.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:41 PM 10-09-2010
As a Yankees fan, I am genuinely concerned.

I am concerned because last year, I bought a great Yankees hat while in NY that had all 27 championships on it.
Then, as I was leaving the hotel, I lost it.

This year, I go back to NY and I find the hat all over again and I buy it once again.

Why concerned? After seeking this hat out so much, what the hell will I do with it when the Yankees now win #28?

I guess I will have to plan another trip back for this updated version or stitch my own 2010 on it.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:01 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
As a Yankees fan, I am genuinely concerned.

I am concerned because last year, I bought a great Yankees hat while in NY that had all 27 championships on it.
Then, as I was leaving the hotel, I lost it.

This year, I go back to NY and I find the hat all over again and I buy it once again.

Why concerned? After seeking this hat out so much, what the hell will I do with it when the Yankees now win #28?

I guess I will have to plan another trip back for this updated version or stitch my own 2010 on it.
You think you got problems? I own an old Yankees/Mets Subway Series hat from 2000, and I may NEVER get to wear it again! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 02:39 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
You think you got problems? I own an old Yankees/Mets Subway Series hat from 2000, and I may NEVER get to wear it again! :-)
:-)

You too?

I have on of those too.
Is it the one with the #4 and #7 train along with the Mets and Yankees symbols?
[Reply]
floydpink 08:06 PM 10-09-2010
Yankees bats are coming alive!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:23 PM 10-09-2010
Twins look completely overmatched tonight. DAMNIT!!! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:48 PM 10-09-2010
Sweep! Yankees advance :-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:53 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I am hoping for a 3 game series sweep for the Yankees:-)

The Yankees can stop winning now.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:50 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:

The Yankees can stop winning now.
Nope :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 06:52 AM 10-10-2010
Jeez, that was terrible. The Twins just rolled over and died.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
floydpink 08:25 AM 10-10-2010
Ok, the yearly warmup of beating the Twins is over, now time to carry that great hitting into the ALCS.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:03 PM 10-10-2010
Didn't even seem like the Twins showed up for this series. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 07:05 PM 10-10-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Didn't even seem like the Twins showed up for this series. :-)
You're telling me!!! Sigh. When will this franchise stop pissing it down their leg in the postseason? They wouldn't know how to get a clutch hit if it bit them on the ass. Like all but one team...there's always next year. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:47 PM 10-10-2010
Go Yankees!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:42 PM 10-11-2010
I don't want to kick the Twinkies when they're down - as I've said, I like and respect the team and organization - but it seems they may have made the same error a lot of fans, and so-called experts too, did by assuming that the Yankee pitching staff was C.C. plus a couple of other guys. Turns out, C.C. pitched the worst of all, though good enough to win Game One. Andy did what he's done more often than any other hurler in the post-season, and Hughes showed you why he won 18 games this year . . . and why the Yanks have been protecting him for so long now.

Besides, it's October, and time for NY to shine. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 03:13 PM 10-11-2010
I read some crap online saying they thought Girardi purposely had the team lose games in September so they could play the Twins in the Wild Card round.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:29 PM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I read some crap online saying they thought Girardi purposely had the team lose games in September so they could play the Twins in the Wild Card round.
Total nonsense. Although it is true that Joe may have pampered the starters a bit to get them ready for October, it is important to note that, in the last 10 games, the Twins went 2-8 and the Rangers 6-4. And this is not to mention that the Rays weren't exactly burning up the joint themselves late in the season, and only finished a game in front of NY. So such a plan on Girardi's part could have blown up in his face, and Yanks could have quite easily faced Tejas instead, had things gone just slightly different.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:44 PM 10-11-2010
Go Yankees!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 02:21 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

You too?

I have on of those too.
Is it the one with the #4 and #7 train along with the Mets and Yankees symbols?
Nope, Carlos, mine's different. There's a white circle in front with red baseball stitches, and Liberty's torch inside. On either side are the respective Met/Yankee "NY", with Subway Series in script below it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up