Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
General Discussion>Unwanted Newsletter
dunng 07:59 AM 05-15-2009
They even filtered Asylum... :-) I had to use A$ylum to recruit some new MassHoles! :-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 08:28 AM 05-15-2009
I got it as well. I did not subscribe. I was going to post something about it as soon as I got it, but I didn't want to start another flame thread.

I have not been banned, but my customer user title does say "RIP Louie"

Some of you IT guys around here are pretty smart, can we jam his spam mail account up somehow? I mean if he can send us unsolicited emails, can't we send some to him? :-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:30 AM 05-15-2009
I got "puffed" as well.
[Reply]
dunng 08:50 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
Some of you IT guys around here are pretty smart, can we jam his spam mail account up somehow? I mean if he can send us unsolicited emails, can't we send some to him? :-)
:-) I have 28,000+ waiting in my SPAM folder... :-)

You want a replica Rolex? :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:17 AM 05-15-2009
Huh??? Wha???

Pu... Puff dot wha???

Never heard of it!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:20 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
:-) I have 28,000+ waiting in my SPAM folder... :-)

You want a replica Rolex? :-)
Humm, forward all to puf...naw, never mind :-)
[Reply]
AD720 09:43 AM 05-15-2009
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...rce/bus61.shtm

The CAN-SPAM Act: Requirements for Commercial Emailers

The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited ****ography and Marketing Act) establishes requirements for those who send commercial email, spells out penalties for spammers and companies whose products are advertised in spam if they violate the law, and gives consumers the right to ask emailers to stop spamming them.
The law, which became effective January 1, 2004, covers email whose primary purpose is advertising or promoting a commercial product or service, including content on a Web site. A "transactional or relationship message" – email that facilitates an agreed-upon transaction or updates a customer in an existing business relationship – may not contain false or misleading routing information, but otherwise is exempt from most provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, is authorized to enforce the CAN-SPAM Act. CAN-SPAM also gives the Department of Justice (DOJ) the authority to enforce its criminal sanctions. Other federal and state agencies can enforce the law against organizations under their jurisdiction, and companies that provide Internet access may sue violators, as well.
What the Law Requires

Here's a rundown of the law's main provisions:Penalties

Each violation of the above provisions is subject to fines of up to $11,000. Deceptive commercial email also is subject to laws banning false or misleading advertising.
Additional fines are provided for commercial emailers who not only violate the rules described above, but also:The law allows the DOJ to seek criminal penalties, including imprisonment, for commercial emailers who do – or conspire to:Additional Rules

The FTC will issue additional rules under the CAN-SPAM Act involving the required labeling of sexually explicit commercial email and the criteria for determining "the primary purpose" of a commercial email. Look for the rule covering the labeling of sexually explicit material in April 2004; "the primary purpose" rulemaking will be complete by the end of 2004. The Act also instructs the FTC to report to Congress in summer 2004 on a National Do Not E-Mail Registry, and issue reports in the next two years on the labeling of all commercial email, the creation of a "bounty system" to promote enforcement of the law, and the effectiveness and enforcement of the CAN-SPAM Act.
See the FTC Web site at www.ftc.gov/spam for updates on implementation of the CAN-SPAM Act.
The FTC maintains a consumer complaint database of violations of the laws that the FTC enforces. Consumers can submit complaints online at www.ftc.gov and forward unwanted commercial email to the FTC at spam@uce.gov.
For More Information

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair practices in the marketplace and to provide information to businesses to help them comply with the law. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Opportunity to Comment

The National Small Business Ombudsman and 10 Regional Fairness Boards collect comments from small businesses about federal compliance and enforcement activities. Each year, the Ombudsman evaluates the conduct of these activities and rates each agency's responsiveness to small businesses. Small businesses can comment to the Ombudsman without fear of reprisal. To comment, call toll-free 1-888-REGFAIR (1-888-734-3247) or go to www.sba.gov/ombudsman.
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:03 AM 05-15-2009
Got it, unsubscribed immediately. I have been on the MU list since my first few posts, before I knew anything about what had gone on with the cigar forums. A-holes.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 11:05 AM 05-15-2009
Why should I have to give that asshat my first and last name to unsubscribe to something I didn't agree to?

I can't go in and edit my e-mail due to my "drama banning".

I reiterate my disagreement with him that I have no valid contract with him because I never agreed to his terms or rules.

I hate that sob so much!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:06 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
Same here. I promptly unsubscribed from all future mailings. Actually hated to go there to even do that. Made me feel unclean.
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:07 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...rce/bus61.shtm

The CAN-SPAM Act: Requirements for Commercial Emailers

The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited ****ography and Marketing Act) ............
Go Andrew :-) Go Andrew :-) Go Andrew :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 11:15 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Should HAVE logged into your account.......I detest slimy web idiots with poor grammer!

MCS
Oh Scott. You is funny.
[Reply]
AD720 12:11 PM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Go Andrew :-) Go Andrew :-) Go Andrew :-)
:-) Go FTC, actually.

If you do not want to recieve email from a commercial entity you shouldn't have to, and the law is on your side. I just wanted everyone to be aware of that. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 12:50 PM 05-15-2009
I got it unsubscribed then went on and changed my email address to noway at hozay.com.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:02 PM 05-15-2009
Puck Fuff.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 05:04 PM 05-15-2009
lol puff. Seriously, what a name to pick for a site.
[Reply]
camiller 02:31 PM 05-18-2009
Got it, unsubscribed, then found this place.

Since I always sign up for web things using a spam gourmet address I just went and deactivated that address so any future unsolicited email simply goes into the bit bucket.
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 05:39 AM 05-25-2009
Anyone know a trustworthy mod over there who I could ask to delete my whole identity?

I've already deleted everything I can about me, but not being able to completely remove myself bothers me.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 06:51 AM 05-25-2009
Originally Posted by SteveDMatt:
Anyone know a trustworthy mod over there who I could ask to delete my whole identity?

I've already deleted everything I can about me, but not being able to completely remove myself bothers me.
That's the difficult part that may have been included in the original TOS from whatever site you were from. A lot of the generic TOS forms state that anything posted on the forum becomes property of the forum owner. Of course a TOS means nothing unless a court says it does and is deemed reasonable... Though in my non-lawyer opinion, I don't think it is unreasonable as the site owners did sell the whole bit, including content.
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 07:19 AM 05-25-2009
Makes sense....guess I just have to get banned then.:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
« First < 345 67 >
Up