Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Sports>A-Fraud Tests Positive for Steroid Use
chippewastud79 05:46 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
He knew exactly what he was doing.
Yes he likely did, and he also knew it wasn't illegal or get him suspended at the time. He also knew that many other players were doing the same thing for a "competitive edge". He owned up to it and you have to give him credit for that.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:51 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Yes he likely did, and he also knew it wasn't illegal or get him suspended at the time. He also knew that many other players were doing the same thing for a "competitive edge". He owned up to it and you have to give him credit for that.
Absolutely. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:05 PM 02-09-2009
well, the guy came out and admitted roid use from 2001-2003. I will give him credit for having the balls to own up to it instead of flat out denying it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

:-)
[Reply]
ScottieM 06:07 PM 02-09-2009
Enjoy it while you can Sox fans. There are 103 other names still to be revealed on that list.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:08 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by ScottieM:
Enjoy it while you can Sox fans. There are 103 other names still to be revealed on that list.
As long as Griffey ain't one of them, then it's not the end of the world for me.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:12 PM 02-09-2009
I think Griffey is clean, at least I hope to God he is. If not baseball is really going to have a problem on their hands.
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:13 PM 02-09-2009
At this point I think every player in the last 10-15 years has done PEDs at least once in their career.
[Reply]
ScottieM 06:25 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
At this point I think every player in the last 10-15 years has done PEDs at least once in their career.
I agree to a point. If I had to guess, 50-60%
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:26 PM 02-09-2009
The one name that scares me coming out is Jeter.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:39 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The one name that scares me coming out is Jeter.
You can't tell by looks alone, but Jeter doesn't have the "look" of a steroid user. But then again, neither do many of the smaller size wrestlers in the WWE who have tested positive through the years.
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:41 PM 02-09-2009
You also have to look at the players that have tested positive the last year have mostly been skinny middle relievers that do not have that roid look. It also takes years of use to get the Bonds look.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:02 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
You can't tell by looks alone, but Jeter doesn't have the "look" of a steroid user. But then again, neither do many of the smaller size wrestlers in the WWE who have tested positive through the years.

He is a pretty big dude, he was 2 feet in front of me at Fenway in 04. Most of the designer PEDs guys are taking now don't give you the Conseco, McGuire look. The stuff A-Rod took did not give him that roided look but he still looked absolutely huge. I have a pic I took of him and Jeter walking side by side in 2004 and A-Rod is way bigger than Jeter
[Reply]
Yazzie 07:08 PM 02-09-2009
Texeira played on that Rangers team as well........
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:10 PM 02-09-2009
The worst part of this is that sumbag Canseco has been proven right yet again.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:30 PM 02-09-2009
Here are a few pics of A-Rod and Jeter on July 24, 2004

[Reply]
taltos 07:40 PM 02-09-2009
Pudge Rodriguez was also on the team with A-Rod for 2 years. He never seemed to get big but he stayed heathier than many other catchers. All this witch hunting could have been avoided if the Commissioner's Office had kept their word and destroyed the records after getting the statistical data. And once again for you Yankee fans, I do expect that several Red Sox players will be on the list if it is ever released including Nomar.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:44 PM 02-09-2009
Here are a few pics of A-Rod and Jeter on July 24, 2004

I agree that A-Rod does not have that bulky roid look especially in these pictures.
[Reply]
ScottieM 07:52 PM 02-09-2009
He is a pretty big dude, he was 2 feet in front of me at Fenway in 04. Most of the designer PEDs guys are taking now don't give you the Conseco, McGuire look. The stuff A-Rod took did not give him that roided look but he still looked absolutely huge. I have a pic I took of him and Jeter walking side by side in 2004 and A-Rod is way bigger than Jeter

OK, How about Big Papi? How about Manny? Let's throw Varitek in there too.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:55 PM 02-09-2009
OK, How about Big Papi? How about Manny?
I have always thought Manny was a roider especially with all his personality issues. Big Papi I think is just a big dude.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:58 PM 02-09-2009
OK, How about Big Papi? How about Manny? Let's throw Varitek in there too.

Varitek is a freakin monster as well, saw him up close a few times this past season. Its possible hes on something. I agree about Ortiz I think hes just a natural big dude.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up