Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do people wearing backwards baseball caps lose credibilty with you?
yes 54 48.65%
no 37 33.33%
never thought about it 20 18.02%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
General Discussion>Poll About Baseball Caps
pnoon 05:47 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's where I got the "backwards hat" thing. I wore a mask for lots of years, it was just more natural.
The whole backwards hat thing doesn't bother me at all. The backwards crooked thing, that's goofy. It doesn't "bother me" so much as I think it just plain looks stupid.
Never really gave it any thought till now.
The pants thing bugs me, and I tell kids to pull their pants up all the time. Once again, it's just stupid. I tell kids to get a haircut all the time, too. Can't stand to see a young man flicking the hair out of his eyes like a girl.
The hair flicking thing, I gotta admit, bothers me. :-)
"Hey, you kids! Get off of my lawn!" :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:26 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Just don't be offended when I think you are shallow and suggest you take the stick out of your a$$. :-)

Tom - would that be a CC stick or a NC stick?

:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:48 PM 04-27-2010
I'll tell you what...I am more comfortable in a ballcap (the small percentage of the time I ever wear one) worn backwards.

If anyone thinks I am not credible, or not intelligent because of it, that is your right.

Just don't be offended when I think you are shallow and suggest you take the stick out of your a$$. :-)
Thank you, Tom.:-) No offense, Dave.:-)

No offense to anyone, but my biggest problem with baseball caps is the straight bill. I just can't stand it. How anyone can wear the bill of their cap completely straight is beyond me, but to each their own. I have to have my bill bent in a U-shape.
[Reply]
Stog-a-Boy 08:05 PM 04-27-2010
well now that i know this im gonna have to wear my hat backwards to work everyday....

JK JK I wouldnt do that :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:26 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Tom - would that be a CC stick or a NC stick?

:-)
Gurkha. It's how they get their special flavors.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:27 PM 04-27-2010
I will wear one backwards on the Motorcycle. The wind with take it away if worn correctly.
[Reply]
junkinduck 08:35 PM 04-27-2010
Around home most hats advertise tractors, trucks, or seed. In the fall the Ohio State caps will come out. When welding most wear a Kromer of the brightest loudest fabric they can find with a floppy bill and yes it is turned backward. otherwise unless riding something open such as a bike four wheeler or jeep a cap is worn traditonaly with a grease spot where the thumb and finger adjust the cap. gotta love a farming comunity. and the bill is bent and curved by the user for comfort. My everyday at work cap is hard yellow plastic with stickers and safety goggles.
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:41 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I will wear one backwards on the Motorcycle. The wind with take it away if worn correctly.
That is just insane.....why aren't you wearing a helmet?!?! And before you think I haven't ridden a bike in summer heat think again. Be safe out there my friend. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 08:44 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
That is just insane.....why aren't you wearing a helmet?!?! And before you think I haven't ridden a bike in summer heat think again. Be safe out there my friend. :-)
Only do that when riding to the corner store or auto parts store. All side streets
[Reply]
cort 08:46 PM 04-27-2010
I wear hats all the time and most of those times they are backwards. I only do it because I am so damn cool:-)

I wouldn't walk in to a job interview wearing one but that's the way I like to wear them. If I lose credibility because of it.....Oh well, I might shed a single tear:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:49 PM 04-27-2010
I thought about it. I just don't care. Let's break it down based on my credibility meter:

Baseball Cap = +0
Backwards Baseball Cap = +0
Pants Down to Your Knees = -1 (safety issue)
Iggy Pop T-shirt = +1
Guitar Pick Necklace = +0 unless you're over 40 then -1
Misfits T-Shirt = +2
Ace Frehley Belt Buckle = +1
Cowboy Boots in the City = -1
Short Skirt = +3 on a woman/ -4 on a man
Blazer w/Leather Patches on the Elbows = -2
Blazer w/Leather Patches on the Elbows Worn w/Ramones T-Shirt = +2
Comb Over = -3
BeDazzled Denim Jacket = -3
Keep on Truckin' DayGlo T-Shirt = +4

MCS
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:10 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I thought about it. I just don't care. Let's break it down based on my credibility meter:

Baseball Cap = +0
Iggy Pop T-shirt = +1
Misfits T-Shirt = +2
Comb Over = -3

MCS
Proposition.....what if a woman was wearing a short skirt with cowgirl boots in the city? :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:13 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Proposition.....what if the a woman was wearing a short skirt with cowgirl boots in the city? :-)
Only you would be looking at her shoes!!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:26 PM 04-27-2010

MCS
Ooh, ooh...I'm a +5!! :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:15 AM 04-28-2010
You're a 10 in my book Tom :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:18 AM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
You're a 10 in my book Tom :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:48 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
All this makes me recall a thought I've had before. Someday soon, some doctor's gonna prep for Granny's gallbladder operation, pull up her gown, see some odd-looking bruise and stretch out her 83-year-old skin to get a better look, then wonder what a tattoo saying "Whitesnake Rules" means. :-)
Now there's a mental picture I didn't need. :-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 03:26 PM 04-28-2010

Baseball Cap = +0
Iggy Pop T-shirt = +1
Misfits T-Shirt = +2
Comb Over = -3

MCS
any room for -20 for an Ed Hardy shirt?
[Reply]
floydpink 03:30 PM 04-28-2010
If I were smarter, I'd wear a helmet, but quite often ride my motorcycle with a ballcap on backwards so I can wear it when I get where I'm going, I can cover my blown out hair.

After re-reading my own post, I am thinking maybe people who wear their hats backwards might not have common sense.:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:44 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I'll ask them if they are a submarine captain or a baseball catcher. If you don't want a brim, get a beanie!
:-):-)

I don't really care if the person is under 20 or so. Past that you should know what the brim is for!! But in the end... I really don't care how you wear your hat!!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up