Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 11
« First < 345 67 > Last »
General Discussion>Rolex Owners?..
colinb913 07:59 PM 03-31-2010
One years ago eh?
[Reply]
Darrell 08:09 PM 03-31-2010
I hope the guy at the Flea Market gave you a good deal. :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 08:13 PM 03-31-2010
Haha, ohh he did! Great guy, can you believe that he threw in a LV wallet, and a pair of Diamond Earrings for just 25 bucks extra??
[Reply]
0002S 08:17 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
One years ago eh?
1997 and it's a 80s date (I'd have to pull the papers out to get exact date)

I polished the watch because its easier to maintain the finish that the original brushed finish. It also allows it to dress up a little better.

This watch takes a daily beating. Surprisingly the crystal has held up well.
[Reply]
0002S 08:18 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Deal yes, flee market no :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:21 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
I polished the watch because its easier to maintain the finish that the original brushed finish. It also allows it to dress up a little better.
I was going to ask you about that as I noticed it was polished. Must be interesting in person. I think of Breitling when it comes to sporty polished watches. I know someone who polished his IWC Aquatimer and it was like a whole different watch.
[Reply]
0002S 08:26 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I was going to ask you about that as I noticed it was polished. Must be interesting in person. I think of Breitling when it comes to sporty polished watches. I know someone who polished his IWC Aquatimer and it was like a whole different watch.
its different

Subs are the most common rolex. This just makes it not as commom

I got tired of having the band brushed from desk diving.
[Reply]
colinb913 08:28 PM 03-31-2010
It is a beautiful watch. (Referring to 0002s)
[Reply]
0002S 08:35 PM 03-31-2010
Well, I pulled the paperwork and its a 1991

My purchase date was 1997
[Reply]
0002S 08:36 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
It is a beautiful watch. (Referring to 0002s)
thanks
[Reply]
taltos 09:40 PM 03-31-2010
I would love to get a sub. I have my father's oyster day/date stainless from the early 60's (I think) and my own day/date in stainless that my wife bought me for my 50th birthday. I have worn my own one about 2 times and wear my dad's one daily because of the memories and my wife understands and does not hold it against me. I made the offer to get her a Rolex but she preferred the Seiko version of the watch.
[Reply]
Christoff 10:03 PM 03-31-2010
Yet another example of one's inability to chose his or her parents. I graduated with a 3.7 and got accepted to a nice little private school. My Dad, the Uncles, and I sat down and had a dutch masters (my first cigar, and I thought it wasnt half bad :-)) and a glass of 12 year Glenfiddich. A $12,000 watch?? That could have financed my freshman year!

Originally Posted by Tripp:
Maybe someday... Or not.

Fanciest watch I've ever had is my Victornox.
:-) I love mine; Officer's LS, Chronograph. The bracelet has taken a beating but I swear the face is scratch proof indestructible.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:09 PM 03-31-2010
I graduated high school, and was asked to find my own place to live. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:16 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I graduated high school, and was asked to find my own place to live. :-)
I graduated high school and still had to ask my Mom if it was OK to go hang out with my friends after.
[Reply]
Tripp 10:17 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Christoff:
Yet another example of one's inability to chose his or her parents. I graduated with a 3.7 and got accepted to a nice little private school. My Dad, the Uncles, and I sat down and had a dutch masters (my first cigar, and I thought it wasnt half bad :-)) and a glass of 12 year Glenfiddich. A $12,000 watch?? That could have financed my freshman year!

:-) I love mine; Officer's LS, Chronograph. The bracelet has taken a beating but I swear the face is scratch proof indestructible.

Same model! The bracelet was nice and stiff when I first got it, but it's pretty rickety these days.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:56 PM 03-31-2010
I don't even think there IS a watch. Funny how a claim is made that there is no "good" camera available on hand to take a picture of the watch (and web image is used instead) and yet later on OP posts from his cell phone. Have you seen a cell phone lately without a decent camera built in? Someone running around with a collection of high end watches should be also in possession of a great cell phone as well, no? What do you think a parent would spend money on first, a good cell phone to reach his son or some expensive watch?
[Reply]
floydpink 09:05 AM 04-01-2010
My uncle was a guy I admired as a youngster. He was a jeweler who I really didn't see much except Thanksgiving. He always had a cigar in his mouth and cool rings and stuff on his fingers.

I remember him saying a Rolex was a rite of passage into manhood.

Might be wrong or materialistic, but I couldn't wait to put one on my wrist and a Harley under my ass as fulfillment into things I really wanted but thought to be out of reach.

Perhaps the oddest part of the Rolex story is that I bought it by Poopalling a couple thousand dollars to a guy I knew nothing about except some guys in an old cigar forum said he was a good gorilla and he had a large ring guage.

Couldn't be happier and I found one that wasn't too "blingy" for my tastes.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:09 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
I don't even think there IS a watch. Funny how a claim is made that there is no "good" camera available on hand to take a picture of the watch (and web image is used instead) and yet later on OP posts from his cell phone. Have you seen a cell phone lately without a decent camera built in? Someone running around with a collection of high end watches should be also in possession of a great cell phone as well, no? What do you think a parent would spend money on first, a good cell phone to reach his son or some expensive watch?
It smells like total :-).

I belonged to a forum several years ago for Car Enthusiasts. We had some similar posts. A kid claimed to own a MB S-600 Lorenser, if I recall. He posted all these photos of an S-600 and claimed it was his. However nobody was ever around to take photos of him next to his sweet ride. It turned out the S-600 did not come in a Lorenser and he was just some 15 yr old high school kid trying to act like he was hot ****.

Their are a lot similarities between our pal Colin and the kid I am referencing.
[Reply]
Tripp 09:31 AM 04-01-2010
I think you guys need to calm down. He might just be nice kid who's proud he got a sweet gift, and everybody's getting on his ass about it. I'm not sure why everyone assumes he's just here to tell you stories.
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:34 AM 04-01-2010
It smells like total :-).

I belonged to a forum several years ago for Car Enthusiasts. We had some similar posts. A kid claimed to own a MB S-600 Lorenser, if I recall. He posted all these photos of an S-600 and claimed it was his. However nobody was ever around to take photos of him next to his sweet ride. It turned out the S-600 did not come in a Lorenser and he was just some 15 yr old high school kid trying to act like he was hot ****.

Their are a lot similarities between our pal Colin and the kid I am referencing.
I completely agree with you and I stopped bothering with what the thread starter has talked about and I have been more interested in what others have posted. :-)

Whether he's lying or not Rolex's are sweet and I would love to own one.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up