Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
General Discussion>Your greatest accomplishment
shilala 12:49 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by MrsSledn:
This is one of the greatest threads I have ever read. Many congrats to everyone and your achievements/accomplishments.

I have a few also.

1. Being the first in my family to attend college.
2. My husband/marriage. He's half my heart and my world.
3. Mine and Sledn's son Zachary. He's the other half of my heart and of my world.
4. Quitting smoking cigarettes in September of 2009, after smoking on and off from the age of 12. 22 years and I quit cold turkey. I have the craving for one every now and then and miss it at times. But in a few weeks, 8 months clean.
5. Still a work in progress... But, beating panic attacks that turned into panic disorder. It changed my life along with my family's. But I strive to make the most of everyday. To be the happiest I can be. And to love my husband and son, along with my family and friends.
That's great stuff, Cathy. Your family should get extra points for just being so damned cute. :-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 12:53 PM 04-16-2010
I was addicted to heroin, have been sober for 6+ years. That is my greatest accomplishment. Great Thread!
[Reply]
Tredegar 01:00 PM 04-16-2010
Married for almost 4 years now.

Finding God about 10 years ago.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:05 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:

My biggest accomplishment will be happening in a few weeks. I signed up for a bone marrow registry a few years ago and recently came up as a match. Although I don't know who the recipient is (they keep it anonymous), I feel fortunate to be able to help give them a second chance.
Awesome gesture, Jake. :-)

Originally Posted by poker:
Got clean off of coke & heroin back in Jan of 1990. Went from living in my car (all my worldly possessions I still had fit in the trunk) at the time, to forming my own service corporation in the high tech industry 6 years ago. Talk about starting over from scratch. :-)
We are all glad you are here with us, Kelly. :-)
[Reply]
poker 01:33 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Awesome gesture, Jake. :-)

We are all glad you are here with us, Kelly. :-)

Im glad Im here with you guys too :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 03:05 PM 04-16-2010
6 years plus clean and sober, living with some health issues that I rather not discuss, and not being a whiny ass about it. :-)
[Reply]
marge796 03:08 PM 04-16-2010
Being the best husband & father I can each and every day.

Chris.....
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:08 PM 04-16-2010
1. 24 years of marriage to my soulmate (Kellie) and still going strong!! :-) :-)
2. Surviving 23+ years in the Army!!
3. Raising my children to become great young adults
[Reply]
pmwz 02:46 AM 04-17-2010
my work at a school with severely disabled children for the last 1.5 years.
[Reply]
Silound 02:19 PM 04-19-2010
I would say my own best was getting my Eagle Scout as a teenager, and then years later having the know-how at the right time to use my emergency medical skills to keep a person alive after seeing a nasty car wreck on the highway.

Only thing I regret is never knowing the person's full name. Only knew his first name, Mark, and that was the last time I ever saw him again.
[Reply]
eber 02:35 PM 04-19-2010
My accomplishment is not as big as some/most on here but mine is being cigarette free for almost 2 years, quit cold turkey, found cigars, never looked back.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:09 PM 04-19-2010
I posted a while back but I finally finish pharmacy school in 4 weeks

I'll be married for 4 years in June (best decision I'll ever have made)

And I got selected to serve in the USAF as a pharmacist (after months of paperwork) and will begin in January 2011

so as far as short term goals go, check, check, and check
[Reply]
Neuromancer 11:44 PM 04-19-2010
Running into burning buildings when everyone else was running out...Image
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:28 PM 04-20-2010
What an encouraging thread. Not sure how I've missed it for a year and a half. Thanks to everyone for sharing. :-)

My wife and I had some tough marital issues about 10 years ago. Came to a point where we basically looked at each other and said, "stay, or go?" We decided to try to work it out. We got marriage counselling, made a plan to work out our differences, and stuck to it. I can't begin to say how glad I am we decided to stay together. I am deeply, devotedly in love with this woman.

Our joy, and sometimes our heartache, has been the adoption of our son Thor. He has made our lives immeasurably rich. Thor has serious physical and developmental disabilities. He is unable to eat orally, and has microcephally, an underdeveloped head and brain. Early on it was uncertain that he would live. In his first 2 years he had been in the hospital 90 days and had 8 operations. By God's grace and the skill of excellent doctors, Thor is now three and one-half, and is growing and developing. He is still unable to eat orally, and will never be "normal", but he is doing very well in comparison to how he had been. The Bible says that our children are our inheritance. I don't fully understand what that means, but I know that my happiness is complete, and that my joy is overflowing. If I died tonight, I would die a happy man.

[Reply]
Steve 09:18 PM 04-20-2010
/\
||

:-):-)
[Reply]
jdakine 04:52 AM 04-21-2010
My greatest accomplishment was on August 20, 1993, when I realized that I needed help with my drug addiction and started my first day of sobriety. That day changed my life for ever. I have a good job, beautiful wife of 8 years, great friends and family and live my life to the fullest.
Had I not made this change I would have been dead or in prison.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:27 AM 04-21-2010
Accomplishments in life are noteworthy if they enhance your life to be a better person or help you move on to do better things. I was able to retire at the early age of 42 after working for 25 years at a job where I worked a lot of 16 hour days. Everything is relative in what you do and how you do it and the only significant thing in life is what you do for others...not yourself. When you come to the end of your days the only thing that you will draw comfort from is who you loved and what you did for others to pay things forward...the ultimate accomplishment. I have seen too many people and talked with those who would have traded in every accomplishment of merit they ever received to end their life with just those two things I talked about
[Reply]
Volt 08:36 AM 04-21-2010
I celebrate my 25 wedding anniversary on May 05 to a great woman. Secondly, a 20 year career in the Navy. It definitly kept me from wearing an orange jumpsuit for at least one year and possibly more.
[Reply]
Parshooter 08:42 AM 04-21-2010
Hole in one
shooting par (9 holes)
staying married, with no major problems, for almost 19 years
[Reply]
shilala 08:46 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Accomplishments in life are noteworthy if they enhance your life to be a better person or help you move on to do better things. I was able to retire at the early age of 42 after working for 25 years at a job where I worked a lot of 16 hour days. Everything is relative in what you do and how you do it and the only significant thing in life is what you do for others...not yourself. When you come to the end of your days the only thing that you will draw comfort from is who you loved and what you did for others to pay things forward...the ultimate accomplishment. I have seen too many people and talked with those who would have traded in every accomplishment of merit they ever received to end their life with just those two things I talked about
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 9:-)5
That's an age old warning that keeps playing out time and time again. I'm about as stubborn as they come, but that's one guy who I never found to be wrong, no matter how hard I test his insight.
And I definately test it. :-)
That's real good stuff you laid down, brother. Thank You. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up