Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 16
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The Wolfman
ZachF88 09:39 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I'm with Kevin, I enjoyed the Face a lot. Got lots of good caramely sweetness. That said, the RG was quite large and it burned the slowest I've ever had one of comprable size burn. It got a little old toward the end
One of my favorite tats for this reason. Still doesn't beat black jar though....
[Reply]
ktblunden 09:48 AM 10-05-2011
I also really enjoyed the Face. I will say that I didn't even try one until a couple months ago, so I never had it when it was fresh. That could make a difference. I had my first Drac this past weekend and it was nothing spectacular. Unfortunately I was never able to get my hands on a Frank or Boris, so I don't have any experience with those. I have high hopes for this release, I plan on letting them sit for a good long rest before trying one though.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:54 AM 10-05-2011
FWIW, count me in the "I like the Face" camp as well.....
[Reply]
gator_79 01:02 PM 10-05-2011
I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't care for Tat's. I've smoked a few regular release cigars and did not like them at all. I also had a Tat Cojono 2003 and 2009 and didn't care for those either. For the price there are many stick that I'd rather spend my money on.
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:47 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by gator_79:
I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't care for Tat's. I've smoked a few regular release cigars and did not like them at all. I also had a Tat Cojono 2003 and 2009 and didn't care for those either. For the price there are many stick that I'd rather spend my money on.
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. There are a few lines that are widely regarded by other people that I just don't like at all. The beauty of cigars is no one's tastes are the same.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:53 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. There are a few lines that are widely regarded by other people that I just don't like at all. The beauty of cigars is no one's tastes are the same.
Well put!
[Reply]
DaBear 01:53 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by gator_79:
I was in your position about 7-8 months ago. Couldn't figure out why you guys enjoyed em so much. Eventually my palate changed, and now I'm a full fledged Tat ho.

Moral of the story: Smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but don't write things off for eternity, you may find yourself enjoying them down the road.

:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 01:55 PM 10-05-2011
Well it sounds like everywhere I've called is sold out. Looks like I'll have to wait to look in the WTS/WTT forums. Dammit.
[Reply]
neoflex 02:05 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Well it sounds like everywhere I've called is sold out. Looks like I'll have to wait to look in the WTS/WTT forums. Dammit.
It's crazy out there for the dress boxes. My buddy called the one shop that was chosen that is local and they told him he was number 104. So it looks like unless a lot of people back out he is S O L. If you have a local shop that is a Tat dealer I would check them out as the regular dealers I think get a couple dress boxes and a bunch of non dress. I was able to score dress boxes on the Drac and Boris locally from a shop that wasn't chosen pretty late in the game too and I could gotten a dress box of the Face from the same shop too but I had already gotten a dress box from another vendor so I just took a non dress box from my local guy so somebody else would have a chance at getting a dress box since I already had one. Also keep in mind the only reason why I got so lucky on the local shop being they were one of the 13 chosen this year is because I put my name on a reserve list 3 months ago before anyone even knew they would be chosen. I was just hoping to maybe snag one of the few dress boxes they got or worse case scenario a non dress box. Low an behold they came up on the list this year.
[Reply]
maninblack 02:21 PM 10-05-2011
It pays to be lucky sometimes John! Congrats and glad you could snag a box.
[Reply]
Beagleone 02:36 PM 10-05-2011
I got a dress box with my name on it already, but I am up in the air about this one. I liked the Face, not so much the Drac, but I really liked his TAA exclusives lately. I may get it and split the rest off for sale. I'll let you know after they arrive.
[Reply]
shilala 02:52 PM 10-05-2011
I figure I can tie up about 7 dress boxes so far. When they arrive, I plan to weave them into a skirt and gird my loins with them, all the while singing the Pete Johnson hymn I wrote. It's got a nice Island Jazz sound to it.
Thank Pete Johnson for the Saints and Sinners Club. He completes me.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:54 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I figure I can tie up about 7 dress boxes so far. When they arrive, I plan to weave them into a skirt and gird my loins with them, all the while singing the Pete Johnson hymn I wrote. It's got a nice Island Jazz sound to it.
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 02:55 PM 10-05-2011
I think I laughed so hard, I peed myself a little.
[Reply]
ktblunden 03:01 PM 10-05-2011
Yeah, just because you didn't get in on a list with the 13 doesn't mean you're out of the game. The top 130 Tat retailers (chances are pretty good if you have a local with a Tat contract, they're on this list) will each be getting 2 dress boxes and some amount of plain boxes. Call up your local and ask if they got the Face last year, if they did chances are they'll get the Wolfman, so ask to be on the list.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:21 PM 10-05-2011
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:01 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
:-):-):-)
Pete's looking good these days!
[Reply]
DaBear 05:05 PM 10-05-2011
I'm glad I wasn't working tonight. Imagine customer's faces as I burst out into uncontrollable laughter from behind the counter.
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:18 PM 10-05-2011
Any word on when the shops will be getting these yet?

aj
[Reply]
neoflex 09:22 PM 10-05-2011
I think sometime next week.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up