Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
All Cigar Discussion>Can someone fill me in on the Cigar Drama?
rrplasencia 10:36 AM 06-16-2009
to summarize:
jon is "he who shall not be named" (<--borrowed from vin's contest op) and Tom is our harry potter, think that sums it up, could have used any of the 11 as harry but artistically i felt hogwarts uniform would fit Tom best :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:19 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
to summarize:
jon is "he who shall not be named" (<--borrowed from vin's contest op) and Tom is our harry potter, think that sums it up, could have used any of the 11 as harry but artistically i felt hogwarts uniform would fit Tom best :-)
I have hogwarts, Richard? :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 01:37 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
That's because you've been looking at our face photos.:-)
I am incredibly handsome so you could not have been talking about me. True story: twice in the last month my fortune cookie note said "Handsome is as handsome does."
[Reply]
icehog3 02:42 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I am incredibly handsome so you could not have been talking about me. True story: twice in the last month my fortune cookie note said "Handsome is as handsome does."
And the third said, "If your ego was a state, it would be the 51st state...but the 3rd largest".

:-) :-)
[Reply]
JJG 03:19 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by GrtndpwrflOZ:

So where is the difference, other than there are no certified vendor advertisements (these by the way got me into the whole cc world directly.
haha yeah. I have the old CS banner ads to thank for my introduction to CCs.

As for the differences, you're right that most of the people here came from CS but I think this site benefits greatly from the focus on community and friendship instead of trying to be the biggest or most extensive, revenue generating site. I like the fact that CA is not trying to be the most popular cigar forum on the web. There are still plenty of highly active members here whose collective cigar knowledge and experience far exceeds any other site I've been to.

I checked out Puff the other night after reading this thread and I really don't care for the layout either. There are just too many links and videos and rss feeds and advertisements and polls, etc.....the list goes on. I much prefer the 'keep it simple' approach.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up