Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 67
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
lenguamor 08:43 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Same sense I got.
It is like the home you grew up in being torn down to make room for a mall.
That is exactly what it's like.
elderboy02 08:48 PM 01-11-2009
Wow! Puff is a horrible looking site :-)
icehog3 08:49 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Originally Posted by Puffy the cigar inhaling puffer fish:
Gurkha makes some of the rarest and most unique cigars on the market. Their use of some of the world’s best aged tobacco puts them at the top of the industry and with limited production runs, each cigar is rolled with precision and detail, ensuring a strict level of quality control.
Well that about seals it for me. :-)
massphatness 09:06 PM 01-11-2009
I'm a little sad. :-)
elderboy02 09:20 PM 01-11-2009
Wow! I clicked on a video to watch it and there is an ad before you can watch the video. :-)
md4958 09:21 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
A few of us had a discussion on this topic recently while herfing on Skype and determined that since 'whoring' implied getting paid, we are more accurately post sluts.
wait.... we DONT get paid??? FUK!!!
Starscream 09:23 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
wait.... we DONT get paid??? FUK!!!
Maybe we can get paid for all those reviews we wrote up at CS that caputo's gonna transfer into his review section.:-)

We are Jon Caputo's whores! :-)
icehog3 09:24 PM 01-11-2009
Looks like they lost almost 4 days of posts, must have used a 1-7-09 as their start point.
Starscream 09:25 PM 01-11-2009
I just noticed the flag at half mast at the top of CA. In memory of CS. Nice.
Skywalker 09:28 PM 01-11-2009
I cleaned out my locker and I salvaged a few things from other peoples lockers as well!!!:-)
Mr.Maduro 09:42 PM 01-11-2009
RIP

ChasDen 09:48 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:

I remember, ChasDen gave me my first bomb ....
You gotta watch that guy, hes bad news :-)

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Nice catch, I missed that !

Chas
pnoon 10:01 PM 01-11-2009
I just checked the puff.com home page. Did you guys see how much cheese you can buy? :-)

I also learned that Tampa Florida is the cigar capital of the US.
totallytentative 10:03 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Quite the change from Club Stogies old no snob policy.
I agree with borndead that it's a complete 180.... the "no snob" thing and more casual atmosphere were some of the reasons why I joined. This sounds like they are trying to cater to the high-rolling crowd that actually tries to live the GQ lifestyle verbatim. Ugh.
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Wow! Puff is a horrible looking site :-)
I know... that fish and the mixed fonts on the banner are weirdly contrasting and rough looking. There isn't much I like about the way the site looks, and I feel I'm being impartial here....

I guess I'm sort of "lucky" in that I wasn't a CS member long enough to grow this strong attachment to the site.... I joined in October and a couple days later the bomb dropped. I will still miss it though. :-)
totallytentative 10:06 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I just checked the puff.com home page. Did you guys see how much cheese you can buy?
Oh yeah, that's hilarious! :-)

Excuse me, I have some serious shopping to do now, courtesy of one of their banners:

:-) :-) :-)
M1903A1 10:16 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Good catch! (And nice move by the mods!)

Shall we deliver three volleys with Blazers and blow "Taps" with smoke signals?
King James 10:30 PM 01-11-2009
im lovin all the google ads......
Gargoyle 10:34 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

Sounds like an online version of Mr. Marvin Shanken
If they had done *ANY* research about CS before they bought the site, it would have been clear that CS was *NOT* about any of this elitist BS. Thanks Team of 11 from saving us from a-holes like this!
groogs 10:36 PM 01-11-2009
OMFG, it is worse than I imagined. I am sooooooo glad we were all able to get out.
white_s2k 10:48 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by groogs:
OMFG, it is worse than I imagined. I am sooooooo glad we were all able to get out.
I didn't think it was possible.. but wow. No longer a brotherhood, looks more like the internet version of Cigar Aficionado now.
Page 5 of 67
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
Up